No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So forGaGatten's new lead single will sound like Don't Start Now. Ahh my baby inspiring the fads already <3
    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Apparently we're getting an announcement from Dua Lipa, exciting times to be a stan aRat
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        Interesting opinion, heppolo ! I think 'Bad Romance' is one of the all-time best pop songs out there - definitely a 10/10 for me .
        Agreed. It's such a great pop song. One of the best. I'd say 10/10 as well.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        I still listen to Christmas Music.
        You can never start too early.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
          So forGaGatten's new lead single will sound like Don't Start Now. Ahh my baby inspiring the fads already <3
          as if it can save GaGa from underperfoming
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• How about the ones who think they know sum about R&B/HipHop vote in this countdown?

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...e-jan-26/page4

Y'all broke your heels last year to run into the thread to vote for MC, but we need the audience to vote this year

Help the good sis abish out
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• If Gaga will release a quality bop, she'll do great. ASIB did wonders for her.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                If Gaga will release a quality bop, she'll do great. ASIB did wonders for her.
                No Bradley no hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

No Bradley no hit.
                  And that is the tea. She will return to making Artpop / Joanne like turds. And that "Stupid Love" song that got leaked sounds like a reductive version of DSN mixed with something from Born This Way.

Comment

• Bradley Cooper was the sole responsible for all the success related to "A Star Is Born" (song and movie included) , it was a fluke and Bradley's hyped debut single.

Gaga alone will still do good but I don't think she'll pull ASIB numbers.
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Nobody is expecting ASIB numbers though, that project raised her profile and with a good song she might smash.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ASIB is her biggest success... all around... if she's lucky she will get half of its success with her next release... and even that would mean, she would smash.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Success or not, it's always good to hear something new by Lady Gaga.

Comment

• Why don't I see the post that quoted me

Comment

• I hope she releases something good. I won’t be here for another Joanne

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                ASIB is her biggest success... all around... if she's lucky she will get half of its success with her next release... and even that would mean, she would smash.
                                Probably. But chart-wise and numbers-wise, despite peaking pretty high, "Shallow" performed much worse on the Year-End charts than "Just Dance" or "Poker Face"

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

Probably. But chart-wise and numbers-wise, despite peaking pretty high, "Shallow" performed much worse on the Year-End charts than "Just Dance" or "Poker Face"
                                  Let's ask nympho about that in some markets Shallow is the song that spent most weeks on the charts.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Poker Face was much, much bigger than Shallow. It along with Umbrella and Hips Don't Lie and similar smashes were massive and inescapable.

Shallow is a cute girl but it doesn't even come close to PF.

Comment

Poker Face was much, much bigger than Shallow. It along with Umbrella and Hips Don't Lie and similar smashes were massive and inescapable.

Shallow is a cute girl but it doesn't even come close to PF.
                                      Shallow was a huge snoozefest but people love bland ballads like that. Especially when it's attached to a movie.
                                      She can have another hit as long as it's good.
                                      "Lift up your head
                                      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• I just realized the title of Clean Bandit's debut album of 2014 features Lizzo
                                        2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Shame it was one of the worst songs on it.

Comment

• This was on The Voice of Holland a few days ago. I love this so much. Added it to my playlist on Spotify and have it on repeat. What a genius idea to mix an Arabian and Dutch song together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Shallow was a huge snoozefest but people love bland ballads like that. Especially when it's attached to a movie.
                                              She can have another hit as long as it's good.
                                              hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                Bradley Cooper was the sole responsible for all the success related to "A Star Is Born" (song and movie included) , it was a fluke and Bradley's hyped debut single.

Gaga alone will still do good but I don't think she'll pull ASIB numbers.
                                                Even coming from you, I don't think you can be serious…

I had read many "it was all because of Tony Bennet" comments during the C2C era (despite his previous and following albums - solo or duet albums- not selling a tiny bit of what C2C sold).

But this one is even better…

It's funny that you stayed away from the ASIB thread on chart analysis for the whoooole era... as there was nothing negative to post.
                                                But you needed to say something like this here.

Why weren't the Bradley Cooper solo songs on the album big hits then?? It's his OST! People only cared because of him!!
                                                Why were ARUTW and even INLA worldwide hits and certified across the world then (imagine if her label cared to actually certify her songs!!!), when there was no Bradley on those songs?
                                                Why was she nominated as an actress and he was snubbed from all major awards?

Shallow was a monster hit because:
                                                A) is a great love song
                                                B) the chemistry between them as a couple on the movie captured people attention and made the song a modern classic.

To even think it was a hit because people had so much hype on Bradley Cooper's musical career… is just too much.

We read many times last year comments like: "well, the movie was a smash so the OST would obviously smash too" to try to diminish the success of the ASIB era.. We all know a few recent examples of musical movies reeeeally succesful at the box office whose OST, by big artists, flopped big time.
                                                A box office hit doesn't guarantee the OST would be a hit as well.
                                                Chart wise and awards wise.

spiritboy
                                                Shallow it's Gaga's biggest song in several countries and among her top 3 songs everywhere.
                                                In several European countries it's even one of the countries Top 10/20 songs of all time.
                                                (People can visit the album thread on chart analysis for more info)

Regarding her next albums numbers… not a single fan is expecting ASIB numbers. And if they do, they're delusional.
                                                As long as it sells more than Joanne and it's #1 and certified, I'll be happy.

It will all depend on the Spotify and radio support. ASIB is still charting everywhere and Shallow has yet to leave Spotify's WW Top 100... (only left it one week this past Xmas week since released in Sept 2018), so I get they didn't want to rush and kill the ASIB era. But she should release a new album soon or she'll lose the momentum.
                                                I'm not sure on the genre she'll come up with either… All her latest hits were AC songs (Shallow, ARUTW, Million Reasons)… not pop/dance.
                                                But I know she won't do only those kind of songs from now on and she'll probably come with a pop bop.

Comment

• Another day without Dua Lipa album announcement
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

hmmm...

Dahling, you just quoted one of the funkiest dusty diva tunes! I remember when I bought that single and played it for the first time in my room, my mom prolly started questioning my Christianity for real at that point.
                                                    "Lift up your head
                                                    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• I don’t think Shallow would have hit it big sans movie and acted as the first release off a new Gaga album IMO.
                                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                        I don’t think Shallow would have hit it big hit sans movie and the first release off a new Gaga album IMO.
                                                        And that is that on that. The movie and the collab carried the song. It would have been a Million Reasons sized undeperformance as a solo Gaga lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                          Another day without Dua Lipa album announcement
                                                          I am used to my faves being shameless filthy liars so I never had any expectations anyway.

Comment

• Let me hear you say Popstitute EXCELLENCE

Comment

• I love how the guy was initially ashamed to release this, but then his sister told him "girls would eat this up" so he cynically went for £££.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X