Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty pleasure song.
    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      She also still has a "discman" Battery operated Last year we were on a train and she took it out of her bag and I was like WTF is that thing ?. She doesn't have spotify, never streams music either, has never downloaded an album in her life. My very own Timmy
      Okay you win.

Mine downloads music from youtube because she's 2 greedy 2 pay 5€ for Spotify or Apple Music. The discman is a whole other level of weird though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Okay you win.

Mine downloads music from youtube because she's 2 greedy 2 pay 5€ for Spotify or Apple Music. The discman is a whole other level of weird though.
        I know. I was mortified OMG not youtube in 2020. I used to do that in like 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Like 10 €
          What do you think of the 1.9 million reported viewers from China ? I recally you always claiming numbers from China cannot be trusted ( when we were discussing Taylor's Asian numbers )

Comment

• Maybe you should hand my number to your friend, InFamous. I'm sure we'd get along well .

Comment

• A cozy little christmas with you
              Last edited by InFamous; Tue December 1, 2020, 15:03.

Comment

• Credit cards, paypal, bills ... ? ... This is the Pop talk thread right? ... yeah we don’t give a d*mn about how your friend uses the credit card in this thread.

So back to pop music:

Michael was unmatched

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Too bad his image will forever be tarnished by those allegations. People still call him a PDF file despite the allegations never proven to be true. Parents of those children are the worst, if i had a kid, i would never allow him/her to travel with an adult without me, let alone sleep in the same bed.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^ Well .. that’s not preventing people from streaming the sh*t out of his immortal and timeless (always relevant) music.

24 million monthly listeners for Michael on Spotify (more than The Beatles)
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

What do you think of the 1.9 million reported viewers from China ? I recally you always claiming numbers from China cannot be trusted ( when we were discussing Taylor's Asian numbers )
                      They can be trusted for Dua but not for Taylor ofc
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Too bad his image will forever be tarnished by those allegations. People still call him a PDF file despite the allegations never proven to be true. Parents of those children are the worst, if i had a kid, i would never allow him/her to travel with an adult without me, let alone sleep in the same bed.
                        Yeah like what were those parents thinking . I couldn't believe that part in the documentary. You go to the US with your 9 year old son and think Oh yeah its fine, Ill just leave him out here in this ranch with a man we just met while we head off to out hotel. Like come on. It's like they almost set up the scene to be able to make these accusations later.

Comment

They can be trusted for Dua but not for Taylor ofc
                          LOL the cherry picking

Comment

• It just seems like Dua can’t stop winning right?

Comment

• Speaking of monthly listeners Katy currently has 34,970, 335 and has moved up a couple of spots to be 40th in the world currently.

Dark Horse has an amazing 726,553,319 views and recent smash Never Really Over has 449,700,090 Just brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                It just seems like Dua can’t stop winning right?
                                The perks of beauty & snatchedTness tbh
                                98 - OUT

Comment

We had not seen a pop girl winning like that since Rihanna or Gaga (2009) .. right?

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts

Prisoner - US New entry - 54, i expected this had a Top 20 new entry on lock.

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts

Prisoner - US New entry - 54, i expected this had a Top 20 new entry on lock.
                                      Your fault for having unrealisitic expectations. The US seems to be done with Miley, and Dua isn't someone who debuts high there
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

We had not seen a pop girl winning like that since Rihanna or Gaga (2009) .. right?
                                        Ariana with TUN and Billie with WWFAWDWG were more recent
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

Ariana with TUN and Billie with WWFAWDWG were more recent
                                          Those eras were big and victorious too.

.. Anyways, I feel like the FN era is turning into an actual pop staple.

Comment

Your fault for having unrealisitic expectations. The US seems to be done with Miley, and Dua isn't someone who debuts high there
                                            Well I mean Mileys solo song debuted at like 14 recently and Prisoner is at no 3 on THH so 54 seems kind of a low debut. Will be interesting to see if it grows in the coming weeks or serves a Physical type chart run. Levitating is still doing well though.

Comment

• We are too busy streaming Christmas here for Prisoner to debut high.

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                              Credit cards, paypal, bills ... ? ... This is the Pop talk thread right? ... yeah we don’t give a d*mn about how your friend uses the credit card in this thread.
                                              I'm interested.

Comment

Well I mean Mileys solo song debuted at like 14 recently and Prisoner is at no 3 on THH so 54 seems kind of a low debut. Will be interesting to see if it grows in the coming weeks or serves a Physical type chart run. Levitating is still doing well though.
                                                Nothing is rising in the coming weeks because of Fadmas songs. We'll see how it does in January 2021
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• As much as I’m glad for Miley and rooting for her she’s just demonstrated that she is pretty much screwed done and over in US (and everywhere).

Let’s be real. Ever since 2010 the only time she didn’t flop was in 2013 with “Bangerz” every other major album / or music project she’s had since 2010 has basically been a flop (“Can’t Be Tamed”, “Younger Now”, “She Is Coming” and now “Plastic Hearts” unfortunately). I guess she was lucky with “Bangerz”.

The girl won’t just make it anymore .... I’m glad for her musical evolution though. “Plastic Hearts” still has 78/100 on metacritic with 15 reviews (so far) and she’s delivering music and quality. At least she’s having a sort of artistic peak.
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue December 1, 2020, 15:09.

Comment

• I think in years to come what is a flop will be completely redefined. Because if you consider less than 100k opening weeks as flops basically you are gonna see everyones album as a flop. There are very very few female artists who are going to debut with over 150k going forward. Off the top of my head I would say Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga, Taylor, Ariana, Adele. I mean even someone like Dua, who is pretty much one of the biggest females in the world ATM is not even remotely close to scanning platinum in the US with her album. Sales are in the pits.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X