Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    The album actually had its release 3.5 not 11 years ago, but I understand what you mean. I'm not a fan of re-releases either and prefer what you suggest (= standard and deluxe edition at the same time).
    What album was released 3.5 years ago? Oh you mean Duas debut ?
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I did! I bought her album sometime between 'New Rules' and 'IDGAF' afair.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• In 2019, Lucy said in an interview 'The No Angels will always be the most important thing in my life.'. If only they found a way to reunite ...

Comment

• Seeing Madonna's speech on AIDS reminded me why i am proud of that woman. One of the biggest LGBT allies of all time. I'm glad that all my friends love and respect Madonna. In fact most people in Turkey loves and respects her, she's probably the biggest foreign solo act here.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• According to Spotify, my most listened artists of 2020 are:

1) Madonna
            2) Taylor Swift
            3) Dua Lipa
            4) Jessie Ware
            5) The Weeknd
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

All of your faves want some of that sweet cookie money
              EoMykdyUcAAjJn5?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
              Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• What do you think will happen ealier,: An album booklet by
                - Britney Spears
                - Madonna
                - Rihanna or
                - Beyoncé
                including all the songs' lyrics?

Comment

• ^^ Xtina inspiring these fads.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What is this Side B thing ? More tracks coming from the FN sessions ?
                  Yes it's the re-release of FN
                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• I just read that one of Steps' new album's tracks was written by 11 people. Does anyone of you know a song written by more people than that?

Comment

• BREAKING: "Oops!... I Did It Again" has surpassed MJ's "Thriller" and is now the best-selling album of all time yup

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• 10X Diamond?
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                          10X Diamond?
                          Yes period
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• 10x Diamond

All time Queen
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I just read that one of Steps' new album's tracks was written by 11 people. Does anyone of you know a song written by more people than that?
                              Hold up by Beyonce had 15 while another two tracks 6 inch and All night had 12.
                              ( All from Lemonade album )

Comment

• 15 is definitely a lot ^^ . Thanks for the information!

Comment

15 is definitely a lot ^^ . Thanks for the information!
                                  No problem, generally there are sample writers included when you have that many, but I mean you are still using their work so they rightfully have to be credited as songwriters.

Comment

• In celebration of Britney’s birthday and the 100 million units of OIDIA in USA

... We can now stream the new Glory leftover “Swimming In the Stars” for the Glory re-release

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Agreed, writers of samples should get their due in the credits - I would limit it to adapting actual lyrics though as I don't see the point in them getting songwriters' credit if you just take the melody or instrumental.
                                      By the way: Since 'Hold Up' got mentioned: Ever since having seen the music video, I loved the idea of walking through the streets, destroying things while smiling like a maniac while music plays in the background. Not sure whether a yellow dress would suit me though .

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        In celebration of Britney’s birthday and the 100 million units of OIDIA in USA

... We can now stream the new Glory leftover “Swimming In the Stars” for the Glory re-release

Song of the year and it’s only a leftover oh wow she never fails to amaze me

Comment

In celebration of Britney’s birthday and the 100 million units of OIDIA in USA

It Is now officially the biggest selling album by a female and overall recording artist of all times.

Britney also advances to #2 on the biggest selling female albums acts list, surpassing Streisand, Houston, Carey and Dion.

01 - 210 million - Madonna
                                          02 - 185 million - Britney
                                          03 - 180 million - Céline
                                          04 - 150 million - Mariah
                                          05 - 140 million - Whitney
                                          06 - 140 million - Barbra
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

It Is now officially the biggest selling album by a female and overall recording artist of all times.

Britney also advances to #2 on the biggest selling female albums acts list, surpassing Streisand, Houston, Carey and Dion.

01 - 210 million - Madonna
                                            02 - 185 million - Britney
                                            03 - 180 million - Céline
                                            04 - 150 million - Mariah
                                            05 - 140 million - Whitney
                                            06 - 140 million - Barbra
                                            100 million of OIDIA (in USA alone) confirmed by the RIAA will forever remain the most epic update we’ve seen in the music industry

what a force, what a legend

Comment

100 million of OIDIA (in USA alone) confirmed by the RIAA will forever remain the most epic update we’ve seen in the music industry

what a force, what a legend
                                              You should open a news thread in the news section... bc it is new worthy that after almost 40 years... Thriller was dethroned as the biggest selling album of all times. I guess all times... doesn't mean much. I hope she can keep the title and isn't surpassed soon by one of those streaming newbies.
                                              My Chart

Comment

Agreed, writers of samples should get their due in the credits - I would limit it to adapting actual lyrics though as I don't see the point in them getting songwriters' credit if you just take the melody or instrumental.
                                                By the way: Since 'Hold Up' got mentioned: Ever since having seen the music video, I loved the idea of walking through the streets, destroying things while smiling like a maniac while music plays in the background. Not sure whether a yellow dress would suit me though .
                                                How do you mean ? Writing a song is not just lyrics. The melody or instrumental also has to be written and that is generally what is sampled. People rarely sample or reuse lyrics, although it does happen sometimes. However, It you reuse an already written melody of course the person who wrote that melody or instrumental should be credited as a songwriter. IT is their copyright property. You cannot just reuse someone's copyright property as you wish without giving due credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

You should open a news thread in the news section... bc it is new worthy that after almost 40 years... Thriller was dethroned as the biggest selling album of all times. I guess all times... doesn't mean much. I hope she can keep the title and isn't surpassed soon by one of those streaming newbies.
                                                  Screaming at this Brit Brit fan trying to explain it and getting it completely wrong, I guess her fans really struggle with sales information in general The comments on the thread are just ...

"....... BOMT is 14x diamond which means it sold 14 million in the US, diamond only is the title of you sell 10 million or more copies , 1x diamond doesn’t exist"

Five mins later -

" RIAA is american certifications, britney sold more but it’s still certified 14x diamond which means 14 million , just like oops is 10x diamond which means 10 million copies "

I cannot
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Wed December 2, 2020, 18:13.

Comment

• so BritBrit sold over 1 Billion units

queen of everything on Earth

Comment

Working...
                                                    X