No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest info on Dua's show reports that it aired for FREE in both India and China, with around 280k tickets sold WW. Her team leaving out the info that it was free in China ( 1.9 million logins and also in India 95, 000 was a choice So 280k actually purchased tickets.

"It aired free on Gaana in India, where 95,000 tuned in, and Tencent in China, which boasted 1.9m logins"

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...MING-SENSATION

Thoughts aRat ?
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Latest info on Dua's show reports that it aired for FREE in both India and China, with around 280k tickets sold WW. Her team leaving out the info that it was free in China ( 1.9 million logins and also in India 95, 000 was a choice So 280k actually purchased tickets.

"It aired free on Gaana in India, where 95,000 tuned in, and Tencent in China, which boasted 1.9m logins"

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...MING-SENSATION

Thoughts aRat ?
      He further allowed that five million viewers is an estimate based on more than one person watching each stream, noting, “The real number may be closer to 8 or 9 million
      Nothing's changed babigörl

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Nothing's changed babigörl

Queen of Free streams

BTW where did Katy land on those spotify lists in 2018 and 2019 ?
        Last edited by InFamous; Thu December 3, 2020, 14:21.

Comment

Queen of Free streams

BTW where did Katy land on those spotify lists in 2018 and 2019 ?
          I dunno I don't keep track of flops
          98 - OUT

Comment

BISH I think 14 for her in 2020 is not bad tbh. She is doing ok.

Comment

• Just heard Dicked Down in Dallas. The song is a kii
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I mean she’s not even Top 10 this year despite very little competition and releases this year due to Covid and despite having released a brand new studio album and like 5 singles / music videos or something.

Also ... since when Top 20 lists started to become a thing?

Hasn’t the Top 10 always been like the ultimate metric? (“Top 10 best selling female acts” , “Top 10 most streamed female artists”, “Top 10 female touring acts” , “Top 10 female artists of the year”, “Top 10 most streamed female songs of X decade”, etc, etc .... )

The Top 10 female streaming acts of the year are:

1) Billie Eilish
                2) Taylor Swift
                3) Ariana Grande
                4) Dua Lipa
                5) Halsey
                6 ) Lady Gaga
                7) Nicki Minaj
                8) Rihanna
                9) Camila Cabello
                10) Selena Gomez

Period.
                Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu December 3, 2020, 16:03.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Just heard Dicked Down in Dallas. The song is a kii
                  The lyrics are a scream! America is loving it, still no 1 on iTunes.
                  Last edited by InFamous; Thu December 3, 2020, 16:21.

Comment

• Very little releases due to covid the delusion.. is there anyone who hasnt released except Rihanna and Adele.

Comment

• Does anybody give a F about those best selling and most streamed lists? They are useless as hell and just because someone is being streamed more doesn't mean it's better. Jessie Ware released one of the best albums of the year yet she's nowhere on these useless lists, charts, etc. Ariana & Billie has been doing the same sound over and over, it's tiring. At least Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift gave us something different and great.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Also i can't at some people obsessing over Katy's flop. She released a great album, has had a baby with her gorgeous boyfriend, getting $25m from American Idol and who knows how much from Coca Cola and other endorsements. People who achieved nothing in their lives calling her a fad, flop when the real flop is themselves fuming over someone's career on music forums
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Does anybody give a F about those best selling and most streamed lists? They are useless as hell and just because someone is being streamed more doesn't mean it's better. Jessie Ware released one of the best albums of the year yet she's nowhere on these useless lists, charts, etc. Ariana & Billie has been doing the same sound over and over, it's tiring. At least Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift gave us something different and great.
                          Yes

------------------------------------------

Tbh I'm kinda pressed that Duanal is only #4 this year and behind Tayloo at that

But I have faith that she will be at least #2 for 2021
                          98 - OUT

Comment

Very little releases due to covid the delusion.. is there anyone who hasnt released except Rihanna and Adele.
                            Tea tho. Only Rihanna and Adull weren't active this year. All the others actively released music.
                            98 - OUT

Comment

Also i can't at some people obsessing over Katy's flop. She released a great album, has had a baby with her gorgeous boyfriend, getting $25m from American Idol and who knows how much from Coca Cola and other endorsements. People who achieved nothing in their lives calling her a fad, flop when the real flop is themselves fuming over someone's career on music forums
                              No wonder it's still at 2 on that most discussed list. Katy's power is unparalleled even in her underperforming era.

Comment

But I have faith that she will be at least #2 for 2021
                                Nah, Rihanna and Ariana will block her. Adele might be coming as well as Cardi B.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• OMG, thank you all for introducing me to the brilliance that is Dicked Down in Dallas.

Woman in the song is a queen.

Comment

Tea tho. Only Rihanna and Adull weren't active this year. All the others actively released music.
                                    Well those who released entire eras / brand new studio albums have more chances to nail the year regarding streaming.

In that sense, Beyoncé didn’t release a brand new studio album this year. And she’s pretty much a streaming force so had she released a full NEW era this year she would’ve been in the Top 10.

Also did Sia release a new album or something? Because she’s also quite big on streaming.

Adele would’ve been Top 10 too .. what about Shakira? I think she’d be Top 10 too (with a new album).
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Also did Sia release a new album or something? Because she’s also quite big on streaming.
                                      She is just that amazing that people need to listen to her on repeat

She has released stuff throughout the year, no album, but kind of one-off things (like she contributed to a children's album, etc.) She has stuff coming out in 2021, and I think she has released a couple tracks for that.

Comment

Nah, Rihanna and Ariana will block her. Adele might be coming as well as Cardi B.
                                        Cardi B is no threat. Adele isn't really a strong streamer like Dua. Rihanna won't release.

The girls who blocked her this year could block her again but I feel like Tayloo and Billie won't hold up that well next year.
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Xtina has a Secret board full of Aaron T Johnson‘s Nudes
                                          Thots likeidogoldlink

98 - OUT

Comment

Does anybody give a F about those best selling and most streamed lists? They are useless as hell and just because someone is being streamed more doesn't mean it's better. Jessie Ware released one of the best albums of the year yet she's nowhere on these useless lists, charts, etc. Ariana & Billie has been doing the same sound over and over, it's tiring. At least Dua Lipa and Taylor Swift gave us something different and great.
                                            Exactly.
                                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• STREAM What's Your Pleasure?

Comment

I saw it. Xtina is a very mysterious person.

Comment

• Billboard year-end charts are out ... “Smile” didn’t even make the Billboard 200 year-end chart at all

-

I mean other major flop albums ... Billboard year-end charts:

Bionic #139 (2010)
                                                  Lotus #117 (2012)

Britney Jean #74 (2014)
                                                  Glory #174 (2016)
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu December 3, 2020, 18:23.

Comment

• Flopus has sold more than Marie Jean.

Burlesque has sold more than Female Fatale.

Queens.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X