Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

I saw it. Xtina is a very mysterious person.
    Sis has excellent taste.

Also I googled his nudes and yummy, looks like sausage for days
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• All of those albums didn't perform well on the Billboard 200, but if I remember correctly, they didn't chart for just 4 weeks or whatever 'Smile' did. It's a destiny shared by quite a few albums though (I remember 'Courage', 'Madame X' and Coldplay's album having experienced the same.). It's not like we can expect major YEC results from other countries, but as soon as you drop like 50+ positions in week 2 in the US, you're either not going to make the YEC or only barely.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Sis has excellent taste.

Also I googled his nudes and yummy, looks like sausage for days

He likes older MILFs. Wtf.
        Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• YEC Billboard Hot 100:

#1 Blinding Lights (#1)
          #2 Circles (#1)
          #3 The Box (#1)
          #4 Don't Start Now
          #5 Rockstar (#1)
          #6 Adore You
          #7 Life Is Good
          #8 Memories
          #9 The Bones
          #10 Someone You Loved (#1)
          #11 Say So (#1)
          #14 Dance Monkey
          #15 Savage (#1)
          #17 Intentions
          #18 Everything I Wanted
          #20 Watermelon Sugar
          #21 Before You Go
          #24 WAP (#1)
          #30 Lose You To Love Me (#1)
          #31 Good As Hell
          #33 Break My Heart
          #37 My Oh My
          #38 Dynamite (#1)
          #44 Senorita (#1 in 2019)
          #46 Bad Guy (#1 in 2019)
          #48 Rain On Me (#1)
          #55 Truth Hurts (#1 in 2019)
          #58 Yummy
          #67 All I Want For Christmas Is You (#1)
          #71 Panini
          #80 Stuck With U (#1)
          #82 You Should Be Sad
          #84 Supalonely
          #87 Juicy

Thots gheys?
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Stream SLIME by Shygirl.

Black perfection.

Comment

He likes older MILFs. Wtf.
              Yeah I just saw his GF and mess he can do much better. Like Xtina or me for example
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Savage is a winner for me.

Comment

Stream SLIME by Shygirl.:
                  Bro, I tried it multiple times on here, but I fear that most users aren't willing to check out anything new besides the artists they already know :( .

Comment

• Hot 100 Female Artists

Oh wow oh wow. Goldmoney thots on your hole making Duanal the biggest hitmaker of the year?
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Bro, I tried it multiple times on here, but I fear that most users aren't willing to check out anything new besides the artists they already know :( .
                      For me, the 2010s decade in terms of commercial artists was just tragic. I don't really like albums that sold well (there are exceptions, of course). The 2010s, in terms of niche artists, are perfection.

Kaytranada, Goldlink, Snoh Aalegra, Ari Lennox, Blood Orange, Thundercat, Kali Uchis, M.I.A, Grimes, Azealia, Celeste and many more.
                      10/10

Comment

• The fact that Katy is at no 14 globally is only a testament to the power of her catalogue and hints to an enduring interest in her older material. Seeing as Smile's streams were relatively low WW, it is clear that most of the traction is coming from her back catalogue. It's great to see the small town girl who first recorded a Christian rock album 20 years ago still be a force globally. She is at a point now where she can explore other avenues like American Idol and make coin by licencing her work for endorsements, such as Coca Cola. Plus of course Never Really Over still shows that with the right song she can still do very well.

Let us revel in this amazing performance, gurl was serving vocals here.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Stream SLIME by Shygirl.

Black perfection.
                          OMG that song is fu**ing amazing. Let me add it to my Friday night sex playlist immediately.

Comment

• aRatchet, for all I know that could be Billboard’s most overrated list.

Comment

Flopus has sold more than Marie Jean.

Burlesque has sold more than Female Fatale.

Queens.
                              The debut album by Myah Marie did well to land at 74 on the end of year list. Can't wait for her follow up

Comment

• The Myah album was ahead of the clown album ... longer chart-run, year-end chart placement, over +100K debut, Gold certification, #12 peaking single (higher than NRO).
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

All of those albums didn't perform well on the Billboard 200, but if I remember correctly, they didn't chart for just 4 weeks or whatever 'Smile' did. It's a destiny shared by quite a few albums though (I remember 'Courage', 'Madame X' and Coldplay's album having experienced the same.). It's not like we can expect major YEC results from other countries, but as soon as you drop like 50+ positions in week 2 in the US, you're either not going to make the YEC or only barely.
                                  Well I mean Smile sold like 50k, those other albums sold over 200k in the US more or less so expecting an album that sold 50k to make any end of year list is silly in the first place lol. Smile was obviously never going to make a year end list. No sign of "Fetch the bolt cutters" either.

Comment

• And yet the release of brand NEW eras Britney Jeans and Glory failed to boost Britney into the global Top 20 of streaming in either 2013, 2014, or 2016.
                                    Meanwhile katy in her flop era can still manage to land at no 14 on a global streaming list.
                                    Generational appeal I guess, some have it some don't.

The fact that Katy has a song from 2019 with over 450k streams says it all really.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      And yet the release of brand NEW eras Britney Jeans and Glory failed to boost Britney into the global Top 20 of streaming in either 2013, 2014, or 2016.
                                      Meanwhile katy in her flop era can still manage to land at no 14 on a global streaming list.
                                      Generational appeal I guess, some have it some don't.

The fact that Katy has a song from 2019 with over 450k streams says it all really.
                                      Well .. the other day you got extremely mad because I realized that “Toxic” had more Spotify streams than any “Teenage Dream” single and you said that why only focussing on Spotify and not including Youtube since it was another legit streaming service right?

Well let’s apply the same here.

Youtube:

- Myah Work Bitch - 343 million views

- NRO (135m) + Smile (34m) + NWW (33m) + Harleys (32m) + Small talk (29m) + Daisies (24m) = 287 million views combined

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Imagine comparing a 7 year old video to a one year old video thinking you did something LOL. Next ?

How about Make me youtube - 68M. OOPS

Also: Dark Horse - 727,071,081 views.
                                        Why focus on the TD era when Katy has songs from other eras that dwarf them.

Also if you think your posts make me "mad" you really overestimate your importance bless your cotten socks
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Thu December 3, 2020, 17:50.

Comment

• Cardigan, Trollz, Franchise become the first #1 debut singles in history to not appear on the Hot 100 Year-End.

Comment

• May I ask for the point of Britney Spears vs Katy Perry comparisons? Both are obviously not at the peak of their career, which is OK considering that they've enjoyed their years of big album or singles sales and now get to do what they want to do - in case they are allowed to do what they want to do (see Britney Spears).
                                            I take a great album selling a thousand copies in total in the US over an average album selling a million copies in total any day - generally speaking, obviously.

Comment

Imagine comparing a 7 year old video to a one year old video thinking you did something LOL. Next ?
                                              Well I didn’t compare it to one video .. I compared it to 6 videos combined

Either way NRO is getting 38K daily views so it’s not like it’ll ever catch up Work Bitch’ views (not now or in 10 years). I mean NRO’s views will stand at 269 million by 2030

Comment

May I ask for the point of Britney Spears vs Katy Perry comparisons? Both are obviously not at the peak of their career, which is OK considering that they've enjoyed their years of big album or singles sales and now get to do what they want to do - in case they are allowed to do what they want to do (see Britney Spears).
                                                I take a great album selling a thousand copies in total in the US over an average album selling a million copies in total any day - generally speaking, obviously.
                                                Britney fans are just mad at Katy for replacing Britney in 2008 and hate on her constantly.

I mean personally I like Britney and Katy.

Comment

Britney fans are just mad at Katy for replacing Britney in 2008 and hate on her constantly.

I mean personally I like Britney and Katy.
                                                  Kitty (if anything) replaced Avril Lavigne.

Britney was replaced by big ladies like Taylor and Gaga

Comment

• The decline from 342 million views with Work Bitch to 68M views with Make me.
                                                    Makes the decline from Witness to Smile seem like nothing

Comment

Working...
                                                    X