No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First there was Aretha, then Whitney, then Xtina, then Adele. Yes.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      The decline from 342 million views with Work Bitch to 68M views with Make me.
      Makes the decline from Witness to Smile seem like nothing
      The decline from scoring Billion music videos to 24million sized (less than Perfume) videos like Daisies

The decline from getting Diamond singles to not even making the BB 200 year end chart at all
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Janet - Britney - Selena
        Whitney - Christina - none
        Madonna - Rihanna - Miley - Dua
        Tina - Beyonce - none
        none - Avril - Billie
        Mariah - none - Ariana
        none - Kelly C - Demi
        Celine - Adele - none
        Toni B - Alicia - none
        none - Pink - Halsey
        Cher - Gaga - Ava
        Cyndi - Katy - none
        Gloria E - Shakira - none
        Shania - Taylor - none

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Thu December 3, 2020, 20:08.
        Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Well I didn’t compare it to one video .. I compared it to 6 videos combined

Either way NRO is getting 38K daily views so it’s not like it’ll ever catch up Work Bitch’ views (not now or in 10 years). I mean NRO’s views will stand at 269 million by 2030
          Lets compare it to one of Katys videos released at the same time frame then shall we and see what we can find.

Work Bitch - 342 million views
          Dark Horse - 2.9 Billion views.

I mean Katy outstreams Britneys entire videography on Youtube with that one video. I guess a Diamond selling single just has that sort of power.

So in summary:
          Biggest on spotify - Katy
          Biggest on youtube - Katy
          Biggest paycheque as a judge - Katy
          Appears on Global Spotify lists regularly - Katy
          Overall - Katy

Comment

Lets compare it to one of Katys videos released at the same time frame then shall we and see what we can find.

I mean Katy outstreams Britneys entire videography on Youtube with that one video. I guess a Diamond selling single just has that sort of power.

So in summary:
            Overall - Katy

How many daily Spotify streams does Dark Horse have?

Slay Something is comig to be the top 1 female song of 2013.

Comment

So in summary:
              Overall - Katy
              So she went from that to ... this?:

Smile - 34 million
              Never Worn White - 33 million
              Harleys In Hawaii - 32 million
              Small Talk - 29 million
              Daisies - 24 million

Sad
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

How many daily Spotify streams does Dark Horse have?

Slay Something is comig to be the top 1 female song of 2013.
                No idea, I don't track streams. Who can be bothered

Comment

So she went from that to ... this?:

Smile - 34 million
                  Never Worn White - 33 million
                  Harleys In Hawaii - 32 million
                  Small Talk - 29 million
                  Daisies - 24 million

Sad
                  And Britney went from 20 million selling albums to 200k WW

Equally sad I guess At least fans can look back on her " Glory" days of the late 90s.

Comment

And Britney went from 20 million selling albums to 200k WW

Equally sad I guess At least fans can look back on her " Glory" days of the late 90s.
                    Yeah but it took long time right?

Britney’s hit eras: BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, GHMP, Blackout, Circus, FF

Kitty’s hit eras: OOTB, TD and Prism

Comment

• Anyway, delighted for Katy to finish the year at No 14 on the global spotify list. The third decade of her illustrious career has started well

Comment

Yeah but it took long time right?

Britney’s hit eras: BOMT, OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, GHMP, Blackout, Circus, FF

Kitty’s hit eras: OOTB, TD and Prism

Hit albums - do you mean at least platinum?
                        CA, Xmas, MR, Stripped, B2B, KGB*, Burlesque*

*qualification

7 eras that are hits. Hitina.
                        + Collab era (2011-2013) = 8 eras. Wow.

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Thu December 3, 2020, 20:49.

Comment

Janet - Britney - Selena

none - Avril - Billie

none - Pink - Halsey

for the first one I'd say Alanis maybe

and for the second one Nena

fun game! thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

for the first one I'd say Alanis maybe

and for the second one Nena

fun game! thanks
                            You're one hundred percent right. I forgot about Alanis. I love Reasons I Drink!

Comment

You're one hundred percent right. I forgot about Alanis. I love Reasons I Drink!
                              oh and right before Shania maybe Dolly (or even Olivia since she released a few country/pop albums too -even one named Come on Over just like Shania !)

Comment

• Primary Act - Immediate successor(s):

Madonna (Pioneer) - No one

Janet (Urban Dancer) - Ciara

Tina Turner (Rhytmic performer) - Beyoncé

Cyndi Lauper (Artistic risker) - Xtina

Barbra Streisand (multi-media star) - Cher - Lady Gaga

Shania Twain (Mainstream country) - Country Taylor Swift

Mariah Carey (Vocal diva) - Ariana Grande

Britney Spears (Pop America’s Sweetheart) - Pop Taylor Swift

Diana Ross (Exotic hitmaker) - Donna Summer - Rihanna

Celine Dion (AC diva) - Adele

Gloria Estefan (Global latina) - Shakira

Comment

• Kitty Purry - Ava Max?
                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Madonna + Cyndi + Whitney + Etta = Christina. She has all their traits (risky, versatile, talent, singing style).

Are the greatest works of artists always appreciated after death? YES.

Unless you pay for a positive review.

Comment

• Pretty much spot on. Some would consider Lady Gaga a modern Madonna and Miley Cyrus the follow-up of Britney Spears, but it's not like it really matters.

Comment

Cardigan, Trollz, Franchise become the first #1 debut singles in history to not appear on the Hot 100 Year-End.

Trollz and Franchise were straight garbage, but I'm surprised to hear about Cardigan considering Folklore's performance on the BB 200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          Kitty Purry - Ava Max?
                                          Debbie Gibson - Kitty Purry

Comment

• Janet, Milli Vanilli + Selena + Madonna = Britney (dance, you know, similar music, global sensation)

Comment

• In terms of hitmaking, Rihanna is the closest one to Madonna's hitmaking trajectory. And she'll pass the torch to Dua Lipa if she'll continue to score hit after hit.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Debbie Gibson - Kitty Purry
                                                I would say Paula Abdul. 'Teenage Dream' was the 10s version of her big album (forgot its name, but the one with the multiple No. 1 singles).

Comment

• I'm glad Miley is underperforming cause she's so unlikeable. I'm glad hot daddy Liam got rid of her.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Trollz and Franchise were straight garbage, but I'm surprised to hear about Cardigan considering Folklore's performance on the BB 200.
                                                    I love Franchise. M.I.A did it!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X