Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Like I said we’re talking about Gaga. Britney is useless in this discussion.

Stick to Gaga ... She’s done way better than Xtina and I’m not being aggressive or trolling regarding that fact.
    You're right, statistically, she is bigger than Xtina, Britney, Pink, Shakira, Avril, Alicia, Katy.
    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

You're right, statistically, she is bigger than Xtina, Britney, Pink, Shakira, Avril, Alicia, Katy.
      Well out of that list Gaga sold more records than everyone there except Britney. So yeah, pure numbers wise you were almost right.

But sure Gaga IMO is more talented than anyone on that list, she’s also more awarded than anyone on that list too.

I don’t know why you are so sensitive about this issue though. I personally don’t feel threatened by the fact new and younger acts like Taylor and Rihanna outsold Britney already or that Gaga is a technical better artist than nearly every female out there ... however you seem to lose it every time someone does better than Xtina.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Well out of that list Gaga sold more records than everyone there except Britney. So yeah, pure numbers wise you were almost right.

But sure Gaga IMO is more talented than anyone on that list, she’s also more awarded than anyone on that list too.

I don’t know why you are so sensitive about this issue though. I personally don’t feel threatened by the fact new and younger acts like Taylor and Rihanna outsold Britney already or that Gaga is a technical better artist than nearly every female out there ... however you seem to lose it every time someone does better than Xtina.
        What? You started the discussion with her stats.
        Do you really think I care about Christina's commercial career? I enjoy her music, her collaboration with legends, and one of the best performances I have ever seen. In the real world, real legends are remembered for influencing things and talent, not sales. Why should I care?
        I am simply a fan of a person who has more to say and show than sales (which is manipulative - it's show business, you don't have to know how to sing to make a career - in my opinion it is embarrassing, in the 70s some people would definitely would not have made a career because then you had to have talent).
        Of course I don't feel threatened by anything, lol. It's Christina's career, not mine.

Btw, Gaga has better stats on Billboard 100/200, more awards, Grammys, recognition, critical acclaim, better singles sales, so she has a bigger career than Britney,
        Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Xtina sold more records in the 2010s than Britney. Sleep well with this news.
          I love how you have to deflect to Britney because that’s your only argument left. Anyways if that was truly the case then Xtina would’ve made decade-end chart but she didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

I love how you have to deflect to Britney because that’s your only argument left. Anyways if that was truly the case then Xtina would’ve made decade-end chart but she didn’t.
            But it's true. Global, not local. Nobody forbade anyone to (successful) cooperate, but hey, both ladies have had a lot of collaborations in this decade.

And it amuses me because Xtina has always been known as the one with talent and Britney as the one who sold a lot of records. And here in the third decade, Xtina won both in sales and talent.

But the most important thing is music. So does a song that is 5x platinum make it cool? No, who cares. Gods of Prey has a million streams and it's a 100/10 song.

Both ladies made their fans happy with their latest albums. After the 2012-13 massacres.

Comment

But it's true. Global, not local. Nobody forbade anyone to (successful) cooperate, but hey, both ladies have had a lot of collaborations in this decade.

And it amuses me because Xtina has always been known as the one with talent and Britney as the one who sold a lot of records. And here in the third decade, Xtina won both in sales and talent.

But the most important thing is music. So does a song that is 5x platinum make it cool? No, who cares. Gods of Prey has a million streams and it's a 100/10 song.

Both ladies made their fans happy with their latest albums. After the 2012-13 massacres.
              I think you’re making it seem like Xtina was very successful during the 10s or something but honestly the Maroon 5’s song where she was featured sold 30 million copies .... other than that feature she achieved nearly anything and none of her albums (Bionic, etc) were successful neither her tours or anything. In fact she did so bad that despite having MLJ and SS still she didn’t make the Decade Billboard list of Most Successful artists of the decade.

Unlike Xtina, Britney did make the decade-end Billboard list of Most Successful artists of the 10s, grossed $260 million in ticket sales and had SOLO Top 10 and Radio hits.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• [QUOTE=MrLeonix;n10517442]

I think you’re making it seem like Xtina was very successful during the 10s or something but honestly the Maroon 5’s song where she was featured sold 30 million copies .... other than that feature she achieved nearly anything and none of her albums (Bionic, etc) were successful neither her tours or anything. In fact she did so bad that despite having MLJ and SS still she didn’t make the Decade Billboard list of Most Successful artists of the decade.

Yeah, and yet Xtina has sold more CDs than Britney has in the 2010s.

I don't think Xtina is a super commercially successful woman in the 2010s. but I have the feeling you still think Britney is. She is not. Wake up it's 2020 and no one from the early 2000s is in the lead. Maybe aside from Eminem.

Comment

Yeah, and yet Xtina has sold more CDs than Britney has in the 2010s.

I don't think Xtina is a super commercially successful woman in the 2010s. but I have the feeling you still think Britney is. She is not. Wake up it's 2020 and no one from the early 2000s is in the lead. Maybe aside from Eminem.
                  Well Britney only released 3 albums during the 10s while Xtina released 4. So actually Xtina had a lower rate / average per album (less success).

I never claimed Britney is successful in 2020 LOL ... of course she isn’t but I do think she’s still more popular than Xtina (more followers on every social media platform, her studio albums get more streams, Glory had more streams than Liberation, more Youtube views, her tours pull higher grossing numbers than Xtina’s , etc).

Comment

The US is a market that happens to represent 60% of the global music market. And Xtina has always lacked international success throughout her career too so I’m not sure why you’re bringing up global success either. And she’s definitely not known for her “talent”. To the GP she’s just a pop star like the others, she’s not above anyone lol.

Comment

• Don't you two get tired of these stupid discussions?
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                        Don't you two get tired of these stupid discussions?
                        I asked myself the same and I came to the conclusion that some people simply feel an inner heavy desire to have such conversations even if I feel like they're going nowhere in 99% of the cases.

Comment

• An unreleased song from the Smile sessions - Energy.

Katy was serving voCALs here.

Comment

• I love when Pitchfork comes out to drag

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              I love when Pitchfork comes out to drag

Pfff as if that bottom really likes C*mila...

It's all an overcompensating act.
                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• They hit the nail in the head with that one. It's very boring.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Slaying must be in her genes. Here's Lourdes Ciccone's new campaign

b84350877ceacc3c475fc0fabb9b9656679efb1f.jpg
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

This. I mean does anyone actually believe those two are having a physical relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

This. I mean does anyone actually believe those two are having a physical relationship.
                                      I could think of one scenario where it would work: C*mila wearing a strap on
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Is this the version of GOAT that was a hit in your hole, aRatchet?
                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Also, if you skip to 3:08, you might see aRatchet planning his next big attack.
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

It’s as believeable as Harry Styles being rock

Comment

• A new festive performance from Katy

Comment

The stereotypes . Pretty much reminds me of that one .

Comment

• hopefully this brand of tacky 90s male Eurovision-y pop will make a comeback

Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• This category was fire!!!
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X