Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiritboy
    replied
    I can't at a song called Call Me By Your Name is dethroning a song called Peaches

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

It's crazy to see the high amount of talent over the course of decades in such a short video. I would've probably chosen Kacey Musgraves over Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    So I was just watching Love & Hip Hop Hollywood and found out that brandy took the guy whole eyeball out in the group Immature
    What???!

Brandy Norwood the R&B singer? I can't imagine her being that choleric. She comes across as very peaceful.
    Last edited by Loose; Sun April 4, 2021, 10:32.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    So scared for DMX

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    This song is so iconic

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Lil Nas X has revealed that his album will be a mix of styles - rap, dance, rock, pop. Cant wait versatile king.

Of course he is a genius at the rock/ pop fusion genre.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I totally get what you mean. Both, Adele and Mariah Carey, are in financially good conditions, so why even bother doing something you don't really enjoy and could possibly harm your health?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    If I remember correctly, Adele once said that she doesn't like flying, which is not the best condition to tour with 100+ concerts worldwide. I'm sure Mariah Carey and Adele love their music and singing, but not everyone loves performing in front of thousands of people for months. It would be the same for me.
    Mariah couldn't excessively tour bc her voice would give out halfway through a bigger tour. 10-15 concert was what she could give us at the time and she did. Adele has the same vocal issues in terms of protecting her voice... she even had vocal surgery at one point.

Everyone is different and Mariah always needed to protect her voice. It's not a joke when she says she has to go on vocal rest in between shows. (She's been doing that ever since her first tour in 1994).

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

In the early years Mariah said she felt uncomfortable on stage. She had only done a few tv-performances when in 1992 she gave her first "concert" with MTV-Unplugged. She did a short tour in the USA during the Music Box era.
    Mariah: "I was OK until I had to walk up this ramp on to the stage and I heard this deafening scream and it was kinda like everything in my life, this whole incredible whirlwind I'd been going through, it had all been leading up to that insane moment and there I was.... And then they killed me. Not the audience – they knew it was my first show, they were very supportive. I got really bad reviews, though. Well, there were a lot of critics out to get me: this girl's sold all these albums, she's never toured, let's get her. So they did. I turned on the TV in bed that night and the CNN guy was saying, 'The reviews are in and it's bad news for Mariah Carey.' It really hurt me a lot."
    When I watch her shows from then, I see no flaw. Great arrangements and impeccable / outstanding vocals. She also looked amazing. I have no idea what they criticized her for? Not dancing? But she did dance, she didn't have a choreo tho... but when that's the benchmark for good reviews then there is something really wrong, cause Miss Streisand hasn't moved her body ever.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    If I remember correctly, Adele once said that she doesn't like flying, which is not the best condition to tour with 100+ concerts worldwide. I'm sure Mariah Carey and Adele love their music and singing, but not everyone loves performing in front of thousands of people for months. It would be the same for me.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeph View Post
    Mariah wasn’t a touring artist. For some reason all her success on the charts didn’t translate into mega stadium worldwide tours.
    In the early years Mariah said she felt uncomfortable on stage. She had only done a few tv-performances when in 1992 she gave her first "concert" with MTV-Unplugged. She did a short tour in the USA during the Music Box era.
    Mariah: "I was OK until I had to walk up this ramp on to the stage and I heard this deafening scream and it was kinda like everything in my life, this whole incredible whirlwind I'd been going through, it had all been leading up to that insane moment and there I was.... And then they killed me. Not the audience – they knew it was my first show, they were very supportive. I got really bad reviews, though. Well, there were a lot of critics out to get me: this girl's sold all these albums, she's never toured, let's get her. So they did. I turned on the TV in bed that night and the CNN guy was saying, 'The reviews are in and it's bad news for Mariah Carey.' It really hurt me a lot."

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    Nelly was the King of 2002.
    I agree. Hot in Herre and Dilemna are classics.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Nelly was the King of 2002.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    One of the best R&B songs of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    Mariah wasn’t a touring artist. For some reason all her success on the charts didn’t translate into mega stadium worldwide tours.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Music Box was the era that turned Mariah into a global superstar. She built her career nicely after that with Daydream and Butterfly. Don't know what happened after that but she should've toured Europe and Australia to invest in future success.

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    We Belong Together, Always Be My Baby are probably her best two songs in a long list. My All is great, too, especially the remix. Always liked Heartbreaker, TMB, and DL too.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    I think “Hero” might’ve been her most known / famous song over here in Latin America ... also “My All” was a hit here.

Anyways ... My All >>>>>> We Belong Together

Leave a comment:

• Colbie
    replied
    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    ^Ilse
    Ow i love Ilse as well!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I think “Hero” might’ve been her most known / famous song over here in Latin America ... also “My All” was a hit here.

Anyways ... My All >>>>>> We Belong Together

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It might be close to 6 then. I love how the UK certs are automatic!
    I still think 5 times plat later for a fluffy pop album like Teenage Dream is excellent. Especially considering the era has 7 top 10s and a top 20 in the UK.
    When you put the 200 million grossing tour on top of that.. WHEW what an all round era Katy delivered

Incidentally the album records its 174th week on the UK album charts this week, at no 65.
    I read in an article from Music Week or sth... that Music Box only sold 1,1 million copies in the UK despite charting for 131 weeks, 36 of which in the top 10 (and 57 weeks in the top 20). It went thru 3 Xmas seasons (1993, 1994 and 1995). It should be at 8x platinum.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

5xP in the UK during the 1990s and up until the mid 2000s was a decent era. It bothers me beyond compare that Music Box was certified 5xP on October 1st, 1994... It's so odd that it wasn't able to add another platinum disk in the past 27 years. It was even outcharting that certifications date in the UK. I mean it continued to chart on and off until 1997 in the UK... lol.
    It might be close to 6 then. I love how the UK certs are automatic!
    I still think 5 times plat later for a fluffy pop album like Teenage Dream is excellent. Especially considering the era has 7 top 10s and a top 20 in the UK.
    When you put the 200 million grossing tour on top of that.. WHEW what an all round era Katy delivered

Incidentally the album records its 174th week on the UK album charts this week, at no 65.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Excellent, all the big girls like Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga, Christina, Katy, Kylie etc have at the very least a 5 times platinum album in the UK. Monster eras.
    5xP in the UK during the 1990s and up until the mid 2000s was a decent era. It bothers me beyond compare that Music Box was certified 5xP on October 1st, 1994... It's so odd that it wasn't able to add another platinum disk in the past 27 years. It was even outcharting that certifications date in the UK. I mean it continued to chart on and off until 1997 in the UK... lol.

1993 - #1 Peak (x1) - 16 weeks charting
    1994 - #1 Peak (x5) - 52 weeks charting
    1995 - #20 Peak - 46 weeks charting
    1996 - #100 Peak - 14 weeks charting
    1997 - #175 Peak - 2 weeks charting
    Last edited by stevyy; Fri April 2, 2021, 23:01.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Damn Caro Emerald, that's a name I haven't seen in a long time
    Was low-key a stan of hers during the DSftCRF era and I also liked some of the 2nd album, but I'm not sure her music has aged that well, at least to me personally. I still enjoy some of it though I guess.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Too bad that Adele's and Caro Emerald's monster albums aren't on that list.

She's lovely, isn't she? I like her album 'Changes' a lot .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X