X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post

Oh, the streaming argument and people liking it. I guess OTR is a masterpiece then.

People often like crap. That doesn't change the fact that some people may (rightfully) feel like certain artists are lacking in ballad delivery. Halo is a great example of over the top ballad that does feel quite "wrong" in places emotionally. But Bey can deliver a ballad if she doesn't shout too much (check out 4, her best album).
    An uptempo song is easier to bop but ballads only work and have success when they communicate emotions and people truly feel them. There's no way someone would stream a ballad that much if people didn't feel touched by or connected to it.

For that reason "Halo" is the biggest and most appreciated ballad in the music industry since Celine's "My Heart Will Go On".

"Halo" also won the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and was critically acclaimed by music critics and audiences alike.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    What are the chances of the Sewerage remix going #1 next week by the way?

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    And let’s not forget that "I Was Here" is Bey's best song.

Buy and stream:

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Beyoncé is great in any format and music genre. Also if her ballads didn't have enough emotional authenticity then "Halo" wouldn't be the most streamed female song from the 2000s as people wouldn't feel connected to it.

Let's not forget that Beyonce's most appreciated song by the public is a ballad ("Halo")
    Oh, the streaming argument and people liking it. I guess OTR is a masterpiece then.

People often like crap. That doesn't change the fact that some people may (rightfully) feel like certain artists are lacking in ballad delivery. Halo is a great example of over the top ballad that does feel quite "wrong" in places emotionally. But Bey can deliver a ballad if she doesn't shout too much (check out 4, her best album).

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Beyoncé is great in any format and music genre. Also if her ballads didn't have enough emotional authenticity then "Halo" wouldn't be the most streamed female song from the 2000s as people wouldn't feel connected to it.

Let's not forget that Beyonce's most appreciated song by the public is a ballad ("Halo")
    Let them talk.
    Halo, Heaven, Flaws & All, Otherside and Bigger disagree.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Bey's ballads are her worst songs. She is at her best when she sings about prostituting herself
    That's because you relate to that much more I don't listen to ballads often in general tbh. But Otherside is so magical it makes me hear colors. It's walking over the rainbow bridge in your mind

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Bey's ballads are her worst songs. She is at her best when she sings about prostituting herself
    True. She doesn't have the emotional authenticity to deliver a good ballad. Even something like Halo feels like from the robot at a factory.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

She just released one of her best ballds of her entire career last year with Otherside. That is also very similar to Heaven's theme.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

As a Beyonce fan do you think she is ever going to go back to actual singing or is this rap singing stuff what she is going to do going forward ?

I love this song so so much.
    She just released one of her best ballds of her entire career last year with Otherside. That is also very similar to Heaven's theme.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    You finally addressed ha.
    Who?

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

As a Beyonce fan do you think she is ever going to go back to actual singing or is this rap singing stuff what she is going to do going forward ?

If you actually spent time listening to what she is putting out instead of constantly talking shit on UKmix, you would have your answer.

*plays Otherside*

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I have found it to be very helpful ignoring that person completely. More people should do it, the more he gets ignored the more he digs a hole for himself.
    You finally addressed ha.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Ever heard of taste? You should try to get it.

cleanse your ears and eyes with this lyric video:

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Nothing to do with Nicki specifically, but I've always found artists getting credited for features as if it's their own song a bit irksome. It's even worse when people attribute a #1 single for somebody featuring on a charity songs containing 25 artists! I think a main/solo achievement carries more weight personally, but I don't make the rules.
    Individual performers do not receive individual credit for a song like that. No one who was on the "Helping Haiti" single for example, received an individual credit for that No 1 in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Ever heard of taste? You should try to get it.

cleanse your ears and eyes with this lyric video:

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Yall still talking about Nazi / Pedophilia / Homophobia / Rapist Sympathizer Garbaj?

Last edited by aRat; Tue May 12, 2020, 19:41.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Agreed. Credits should go to the version originally intended as single version.
    So for example:
    - Katy Perry - ET - legit to give credit to Kanye West
    - Taylor Swift - Bad Blood - legit to give credit to Kendrick Lamar
    - Katy Perry - Last Friday Night - not legit to give credit to Missy Elliott
    - Billie Eilish - Bad Guy - not legit to give credit to Justin Bieber

And following that 50% rule: Let's say the remix has got a 51% share in week 1, 49% in week 2, 51% in week 3 and 49% in week 4. Should the credit get dropped every 2nd week or what?
    Justin was never credited for Bad Guy because his remix was insignificant and did nothing for the song. Same as Mariah never received credit for Unforgettable after she hopped on the remix.
    The performer on remix is only credited if it accounts for the majority of the chart points and for the weeks that it does. If the original takes over in week 2 or three that is the one that receives credit for those weeks. Hence why Bey was only credited for 5 weeks on Perfect Duet.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I love the way Nicki says "DOJHA" in the intro and this song still reminds me of a Janet type groove. It's so catchy.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Congratulations on Miss Minaj for finally scoring her first #1.
    Of course it's happened with her most insignificant and forgettable entry ever but she FINALLY got it, didn't she.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I think that's exactly what happened with Perfect. The duet with Bey was #1 for a few weeks, and then I don't think she got credit for the final week it was #1 - only Ed.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    And following that 50% rule: Let's say the remix has got a 51% share in week 1, 49% in week 2, 51% in week 3 and 49% in week 4. Should the credit get dropped every 2nd week or what?
    Yes, that's how the rule works.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Agreed. Credits should go to the version originally intended as single version.
    So for example:
    - Katy Perry - ET - legit to give credit to Kanye West
    - Taylor Swift - Bad Blood - legit to give credit to Kendrick Lamar
    - Katy Perry - Last Friday Night - not legit to give credit to Missy Elliott
    - Billie Eilish - Bad Guy - not legit to give credit to Justin Bieber

Last edited by theMathematician; Tue May 12, 2020, 18:18.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Nothing wrong with features and duets. Jumping on cheap remixes of established hits on the other hand...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X