replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

North Korea > Prince
    Next is Bin Laden, I’m assuming?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    One is a god in the black community, the other is the antichrist.
    North Korea > Prince

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Donald Trump > Prince though
    One is a god in the black community, the other is the antichrist.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    #unrelatedtothetalkmode
    #sofrustratedmode
    Donald Trump > Prince though

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    #ungratefulbitchmode
    #unrelatedtothetalkmode
    #sofrustratedmode

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Yep, uncredited guitar on LAP song itself (only the beginning on the album version, maxi single contains more of his guitar playing), Keep It Together and Act of Contrition and they have a duet (Love Song, co-written and co-produced), which most fans hate, but I find it great IMHO.
    Prince can kiss my ass. LAP is brilliant because of Madonna and Patrick Leonard

#ungratefulbitchmode

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Nelly Furtado's 'Loose' was perfectly promoted from start to finish. I also liked the way her team introduced the era with different lead singles in different places ('No hay igual' in Latin America, 'Promiscuous' in Northern America, 'Maneater' in Europe) and gave each of the 7 (!) singles their time to shine. More artists should learn from this strategy.
    Yeah ... if only the music quality could match the brilliance of the marketing strategy though

Nelly’s best albums and music will always belong to her first two eras

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Wow I'm dumb. I never knew Prince worked on Like a Prayer.
    Yep, uncredited guitar on LAP song itself (only the beginning on the album version, maxi single contains more of his guitar playing), Keep It Together and Act of Contrition and they have a duet (Love Song, co-written and co-produced), which most fans hate, but I find it great IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    This page explains his involvement in the song: http://www.princevault.com/index.php...=Like_A_Prayer

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Nelly Furtado's 'Loose' was perfectly promoted from start to finish. I also liked the way her team introduced the era with different lead singles in different places ('No hay igual' in Latin America, 'Promiscuous' in Northern America, 'Maneater' in Europe) and gave each of the 7 (!) singles their time to shine. More artists should learn from this strategy.
    Yeah that was a perfectly orchestrated era. She was HUGE and everyone had a favorite song.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    Are we still pretending Prince wasn't a self hating gay? Love him. But it's the Truth.
    Isn't it a bit stereotypical to assume that he's a gay just because he fell into the more feminine spectrum? I mean, there are masculine gay men and feminine straight men.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

I know, still never liked him

Just as i never liked Eminem
    Feminem is double trouble: he’s made countless homophobic remarks AND he hates black women.

Probably the reason why he’s teased Kween for so long.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    He was on Like a Prayer.
    I know, still never liked him

Just as i never liked Eminem

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I never liked Prince.
    He was on Like a Prayer.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I never liked Prince.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Are we still pretending Prince wasn't a self hating gay? Love him. But it's the Truth.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Mugen View Post

The homophobia thing with Prince started when he converted to being a Jehovah Witness around 2001 or so. It never there before then. He said some stuff towards his former bandmates, Wendy & Lisa that was homophobic. He stopped saying stuff like that(at least in public) and him and Wendy and & Lisa made up(they contributed to his 2007 album, Planet Earth).
    I never knew about what he said to his bandmates, the first whiff I got of his homophobia was the 2008 New Yorker article. He kept mum about these types of issues for the rest of his life.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    So what happened to Ava Max - did the UK just collectively lose interest in her?
    Here she had hits with Sweet But Psycho, So Am I and now with Alone. Hope there will be more to follow.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I used to stan for Madonna, now i'm just a fan with a love/hate relationship. I stan for Ed Sheeran and Maroon 5 though.
    yass, daddy Adam. I've been stanning them since 2003. I used to like Ed Sheeran during his first album and his second also... but he lost me when he got 1,000,000 songs onto every nation's singles chart and became bubblegum pop.

I've never stanned for Miss Madonna... But I love her deeply now... and still think that 99% of what she does is actually visionary and great.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

He moved onto act in the UK’s biggest drama series. I think he’s mostly given up on music now.
    Well, that's a bit unfortunate but I just checked his Wikipedia page and seems like he's going through the same phase as many of the other UK X-Factor winners, isn't he? Massive in the beginning but slowly disappears into the bubbling under a few albums later.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Wait I just checked Shayne Ward's Spotify artist page and apparently his top city is actually from my country. Didn't realize he was that popular over here.

Edit: Wait all his top 5 cities are actually in South East Asia. We really do stan ballads apparently.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    @Shayne Ward: Didn't know his song 'Breathless'. I see the ressemblance to Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke. The song has got a lovely melody and his voice is so smooth. I'm impressed and would give it an instant 8/10, which is rare for me after just one spin.
    "No U Hang Up" is also another nice slow jam and is my personal favorite actually. I just couldn't seem to find the official upload on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X