Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Is she still trying to debut at #1? The desperation. Lowkey makes me wanna root for Moo...

Also what is the point of debuting at #1 anyway only to fizzle out the chart in 5 weeks. All those extremely weak #1 - OUT debuts this year made the #1 position lose all its prestige.
    Yeah the race for number one is extremely close. Mariah is between 4 and 10 points ahead depending on which predictor you look at.

Comment

What?

Def feels like a #1 and is known and gets played a lot on TV / radio to this day
      And he would only ever have two top 10s in your hole as lead. One of them wasn’t even a rap song - more like emo R&B - and the other was whatever this was supposed to be.

Originally posted by abi on GOAT
      You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

Very unlikely. I think her musique is considered pop here
        If this was still the 20th century, I’d agree with that. Kween has been making gutterat and emo R&B since I was barely starting to form sentences. This was a very rare exception from when she was trying to gain back her 90s Karen audience.

Her last top 40 hit in your hole.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

What?

Def feels like a #1 and is known and gets played a lot on TV / radio to this day
          Originally posted by theMathematician
          Sorry, I missed something there: I meant the popularity of those three rap songs in the US, not in Germany. 'Gold Digger' hasn't been a big hit in Germany and I don't even know whether any song by Kanye West had major impact here.

Comment

• For whatever reason, 'I Want to Know What Love Is' peaked at No. 3 in Japan and is her 2nd highest peaking single there, only behind 'All I Want For Christmas...' (No. 2).
            Pro: freedom of speech
            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              One of them wasn’t even a rap song - more like emo R&B
              You will not come for Corona Lockdown like that. An excellent bawp.

Also back when Kayne was hawt af and not a complete nutcase.
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

Do you trust a cityrat like me or someone who lives in a remote conservative village in the south of Germany on that

98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah the race for number one is extremely close. Mariah is between 4 and 10 points ahead depending on which predictor you look at.
                  So Tayloo will prolly get it if she pulls out more discounts, payola and cheap tricks. It would be tragique if she doesn't get it despite all the desperation

Also I wish Duanal did the same to DSN when it was stuck at #2 by few points.

By the way this proves that her success is all organique since she had the chance to payola DSN to #1 but didn't do it.
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Taylor has also discounted her discounted discounts to $0,39 - which is the lowest price you can charge in order for Billboard to still count those sales for their charts.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Taylor's new song is now the song which was sold for the lowest price ever.

Loverboy (2001) was sold for 49cts in an even worse sales climate.
                      My Chart

Comment

So Tayloo will prolly get it if she pulls out more discounts, payola and cheap tricks. It would be tragique if she doesn't get it despite all the desperation
                        I know that a Dua LiPayola stan does not want to drag someone for payola and desperation
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Also back when Kayne was hawt af and not a complete nutcase.
                          2007 Over a third-rate Grammy too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

I know that a Dua LiPayola stan does not want to drag someone for payola and desperation
                            Grl you have zero proof of Dua doing any payola. That's just a myth pressed gheys created out of thin air.

Meanwhile Tayloo is pulling all these tricks blatantly in our faces for the world to see. All of that for a song that will drop off the chart in 5 weeks and is already forGaGatten
                            98 - OUT

Comment

Grl you have zero proof of Dua doing any payola. That's just a myth pressed gheys created out of thin air.

Meanwhile Tayloo is pulling all these tricks blatantly in our faces for the world to see. All of that for a song that will drop off the chart in 5 weeks and is already forGaGatten
                              I have no idea what that song sounds like. It's indeed already forgotten.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                Taylor's new song is now the song which was sold for the lowest price ever.

Loverboy (2001) was sold for 49cts in an even worse sales climate.
                                Say what you want about Kween’s iconik 49 cent tactic for Loverboy, at least you got the original and the remix in one purchase.

Comment

Taylor has also discounted her discounted discounts to $0,39 - which is the lowest price you can charge in order for Billboard to still count those sales for their charts.
                                  Aren't streams somewhere in the 0.0x cents area?
                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                  Contra: cancel culture

Comment

2007 Over a third-rate Grammy too.
                                    well the hawt part remains
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

Say what you want about Kween’s iconik 49 cent tactic for Loverboy, at least you got the original and the remix in one purchase.
                                      yes, and people flocked out in droves in order to get a copy. 585,000 physical singles in 2001... is the equivalent to selling 8 million digital copies during the digital sales peak.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Taylor succeeded: Music has now become a throw-away thing (again).

It goes like this:

1) giving it away for free
                                        2) discounting discounted discounts to 39 cts
                                        3) bundles
                                        4) releasing 35 music videos

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Sorry, I missed something there: I meant the popularity of those three rap songs in the US, not in Germany. 'Gold Digger' hasn't been a big hit in Germany and I don't even know whether any song by Kanye West had major impact here.
                                          Come on now. Anyone who leaves the house OR turns on the TV occasionally should at the very least know Gold Digger, Stronger, N*ggas In Paris, FourFiveSeconds, Power and Black Skinhead.

I would guess that most people my age also know Can't Tell Me Nothing and Love Lockdown, I'm less sure about Monster and Run This Town.

Comment

• Last edited by Goldmoney; Fri December 18, 2020, 02:30.

Comment

Taylor has also discounted her discounted discounts to $0,39 - which is the lowest price you can charge in order for Billboard to still count those sales for their charts.
                                              39 ? she dropped it again from 48 ?

if so she has a discount for a discount which was already discounted.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

39 ? she dropped it again from 48 ?

if so she has a discount for a discount which was already discounted.
                                                indeed. what a tongue twister also.

BTW, Evermore (album) debuts at #22 on my Charts. (tay's 2nd consecutive album to not be successful). a kii.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• 9th studio albums in Germany:

- Madonna - American Life #1
                                                  - Britney Spears - Glory #3
                                                  - Taylor Swift - Evermore #18 (midweek)
                                                  - Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet #32
                                                  - Janet Jackson - 20 Y.O #46

* Taylor’s “Evermore” debut is only based on digital / streaming activity (physical copies haven’t been shipped yet).
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                    9th studio albums in Germany:

- Madonna - American Life #1
                                                    - Britney Spears - Glory #3
                                                    - Taylor Swift - Evermore #18 (midweek)
                                                    - Mariah Carey - Charmbracelet #32
                                                    - Janet Jackson - 20 Y.O #46

* Taylor’s “Evermore” debut is only based on digital / streaming activity (physical copies haven’t been shipped yet).
                                                    CB was such a huge success in GER... selling close to 100k with a flop.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X