X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I love Because of you and Avril is cool - she had a good sound on her first album. Love some of her stuff.. Off the top of my head what I'm talking about from Kelly are My life would suck without you, or Mr Know it all. And that stuff Ashley Simpson was doing and that other one Lindsay Lohan. I am sure there are others I have erased from my mind. I like some Pink, cannot stand some others from her. This is the Pink sound I love. This track is stunning.
    Avril was just amazing when she started out, that debut album was really strong and I think her second album was pretty decent too, she then lost it big time but I would still give her praise for her early work.

Regarding P!nk I really like the "M!ssundaztood" and "I'm Not Dead" albums and I love all of her 2003/2004 obscure floppy singles ("Feel Good Time", "Trouble", "God Is A Dj" and "Last To Know").

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    @MrLeonix: I would say that 'I'm Not Dead' and 'Funhouse' are pop rock, but 'Try This' is actually full-on rock. Same for Kelly Clarkson's 'My December', though I could never get along with that album. Apart from 'One Minute', the entire album is basically unlistenable to me, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Kelly has a few bops (mostly from the "Breakaway" album): "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Because Of You" and "Walk Away" were nice. P!nk has some nice songs too and Avril Lavigne's debut album was stunning.

it's all fake rock of course (basically pop wanting to sound like rock and failing) but still fun ..... I think any genre or type of music can be a good piece if it's done with quality and good sense.
    I love Because of you and Avril is cool - she had a good sound on her first album. Love some of her stuff.. Off the top of my head what I'm talking about from Kelly are My life would suck without you, or Mr Know it all. And that stuff Ashley Simpson was doing and that other one Lindsay Lohan. I am sure there are others I have erased from my mind. I like some Pink, cannot stand some others from her. This is the Pink sound I love. This track is stunning.

Or this from Avril.

Last edited by InFamous; Thu April 30, 2020, 21:44.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

I personally cannot stand that "faux rock " sound the likes of Kelly Clarkson and those flop actresses that turn to music tried to do. It's so cringe.
    Kelly has a few bops (mostly from the "Breakaway" album): "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Because Of You" and "Walk Away" were nice. P!nk has some nice songs too and Avril Lavigne's debut album was stunning.

it's all fake rock of course (basically pop wanting to sound like rock and failing) but still fun ..... I think any genre or type of music can be a good piece if it's done with quality and good sense.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I think you're just mistaking it with Pop-Rock which isn't real rock but just a pop song that slightly emulates the sounds of rock music. Perhaps what P!nk songs sound like?
    I personally cannot stand that "faux rock " sound the likes of Kelly Clarkson and those flop actresses that turn to music tried to do. It's so cringe.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Chile I can write an entire essay on Aaliyah and that MASTERPIECE of an album she gave us. She was and is my #1 period.
    I agree, it is one of the greatest albums in music history. The fact that she sung a song like I Can Be, which was rock and then sung I Care 4 U which was soul just amazes me because neither songs turned out as a "try hard" moment. Thanks you for mentioning it.
    I posted More than a woman pages ago and even called her Godlyiah.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    KEY9481 : Thanks, missed that one.
    @InFamous: Not saying that those are rock songs. I wrote that she experimented with rock before and those songs do include rock elements. But yeah, there's obviously a range from soft rock to heavy metal.
    I think you're just mistaking it with Pop-Rock which isn't real rock but just a pop song that slightly emulates the sounds of rock music. Perhaps what P!nk songs sound like?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    KEY9481 : Thanks, missed that one.
    @InFamous: Not saying that those are rock songs. I wrote that she experimented with rock before and those songs do include rock elements. But yeah, there's obviously a range from soft rock to heavy metal.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

It's not like she hasn't experimented with rock before though, thinking of 'California King Bed', 'Firebomb' and 'Shut Up & Drive' ;) .
    Literally none of those are rock. I-

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

I'll also wait 2 days until I decide to call it a Bey solo song or yet another desperate attempt from Bey to jump on an already established hit
    But it's not a solo song.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

It's not like she hasn't experimented with rock before though, thinking of 'California King Bed', 'Firebomb' and 'Shut Up & Drive' ;) .

Have you ever listened to rock music?
    If at least you had cited Rockstar 101...

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Rihanna doing god's work and erasing rock boybands from the charts & everyone's minds

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

I'll also wait 2 days until I decide to call it a Bey solo song or yet another desperate attempt from Bey to jump on an already established hit
    stan culture in a nutshell

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Wait until two days from now when they start to claim it's not really a Beyonce song.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

In four hours until cutoff. The stans are quiet because it debuted with 550k+ in that time fram. Look at atrl. Wait for tomorrows update before you wet your pants.
    ok

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I heard a rumor that the new Beyonce song debuted behind 3 old Dua hits on Spotify? Can BeeBoy , Aaronsmithjune1 & KEY9481 confirm for research purposes?
    Wait until two days from now when they start to claim it's not really a Beyonce song.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Omg Savage debuted behind Shallow while being #1 on TTH

The forGaGatten stans must have had a field day. Lemme catch the tea.
    In four hours until cutoff. The stans are quiet because it debuted with 550k+ in that time fram. Look at atrl. Wait for tomorrows update before you wet your pants.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

It only had half a day but do enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    I mean, this tune:

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    One good memory I have from the 90s and early 2000s was that Rock was very popular, I think it was a big thing until 2007 or something. In fact most of the biggest songs on Spotify from the 90s and early 00s are rock songs.
    Rihanna doing god's work and erasing rock boybands from the charts & everyone's minds

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I heard a rumor that the new Beyonce song debuted behind 3 old Dua hits on Spotify? Can BeeBoy , Aaronsmithjune1 & KEY9481 confirm for research purposes?

Leave a comment:

• Userkira
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post
    ^^^^ So Halo is the only female led song to be at #1??? Lord have mercy. That's...scary!

Rock music truly dominated those top 10s
    Hips Don't Lie is coming for 2006!

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Why is no one here talking about this f*cking masterpiece?

“Aaliyah” (2001) gotta be one of the greatest commercial / mainstream female albums I’ve ever heard. This coming from a Rock fan who was never a big fan of R&B music yet this mesmerized me in a way most female albums could never do. It’s simply PERFECT, so stylish, innovative, elegant, creative, even artistic.

This album experiments with a bunch of music genres even Rock and Industrial Rock music towards the end.

This is IMO better than any Beyoncé, Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Gaga, P!nk, Janet, Mariah and Celine album and better than a lot of Madonna albums . Take this with no offense as I said “In my opinion”.

The thought and fact that this came out in 2001 and was so ahead of it’s time is unreal and always gives me the chills and the thrill, it’s even scary.
    Chile I can write an entire essay on Aaliyah and that MASTERPIECE of an album she gave us. She was and is my #1 period.
    I agree, it is one of the greatest albums in music history. The fact that she sung a song like I Can Be, which was rock and then sung I Care 4 U which was soul just amazes me because neither songs turned out as a "try hard" moment. Thanks you for mentioning it.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Wow Bedtime Stories at No 1, someone call Billboard and Madonna we are going to need a live snippet on twitter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X