X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Well there is tons of evidence of fish, turtles, whales, dolphins, sea birds etc. with plastic in their stomachs, so it's not as absurd. Maybe not Timmy's CDs since he won't be putting them in the trash anytime soon but in general I wouldn't be surprised if some whale has eaten The Emancipation Of Mimi
    Don't forget about yall hives who love to throw Beyonce CDs at people's heads. Those CDs then end up on the street → in the trash → in the oceans → in a whale's vocal cords.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Well there is tons of evidence of fish, turtles, whales, dolphins, sea birds etc. with plastic in their stomachs, so it's not as absurd. Maybe not Timmy's CDs since he won't be putting them in the trash anytime soon but in general I wouldn't be surprised if some whale has eaten The Emancipation Of Mimi

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    There's NO realistic scenario where Timmy's CDs end up being eaten by a whale.
    Well, maybe ONE scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    You might save the whales and oceans but you won't save the climate and planet. There are studies showing that you actually produce more CO2 via streaming because of the continuous consumption of electricity needed. We might change that in the foture if renewable energies take over completely but for now it's not helping
    IF you switch to streaming, you should choose a service that runs on 100% renewables of course (e.g. Apple Music), not some filthy business like Spotify.

Anyway, I really hope it's clear that I was NOT serious with that post. There's NO realistic scenario where Timmy's CDs end up being eaten by a whale.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

she‘s obviously scared of being overshadowed by Dua

she‘ll only flop harder if she waits tho
    This is exactly my thoughts tbh. Dua is doing what Gaga does just much better & with way more success. There is no need for Gaga's dated & bad Born This Way & Artpop dance rejects when you have Dua releasing excellent and visionary dance music.

Gaga knows that her dance album will get compared to Dua's dance album in all aspects and it's just a losing battle for her.

I have said this many times but GaGa should have just waited for Bradley to summon her for another movie.
    Last edited by aRat; Wed March 25, 2020, 11:27.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    You might save the whales and oceans but you won't save the climate and planet. There are studies showing that you actually produce more CO2 via streaming because of the continuous consumption of electricity needed. We might change that in the foture if renewable energies take over completely but for now it's not helping

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I hope you're not annoyed by me writing the same in multiple threads, but I'm a physical buyer, so while I'm cool with you guys streaming, I hope you understand that I like my old school CDs and hope that I can fully dedicate myself to them by the time the messy situation is over .
    RIP to the poor whales who'll have to eat them one day..

save the whales, save the climate, save the planet and stream!

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I mean, it's ridiculous. The era was launched, so might as well go for it.
    The physical CDs could still be released at a later time.
    It's not like she was going to sell 1M copies first week anyway.
    I'm surprised she has not claimed being infected yet, cause you know the good sis always catch something for every album.
    she‘s obviously scared of being overshadowed by Dua

she‘ll only flop harder if she waits tho

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

I am so glad my faves Dua and The Weeknd are releasing. Love them for that
    Dua even pushed it forward to keep our minds occupied during these crazy times, a saint!1!

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Yikes I can't at Ga Ga & some other artists postponing their albums... I mean our lifes have already been reduced to being locked up at our own homes nowadays, the most humanitarian thing artists can do is release music to keep us occupied and to lighten our mood.

Also it's blatant Gaga is only pushing back coz of commercial reasons since in the same breath she is still releasing some new Haus Lab make up Disgusting
    I mean, it's ridiculous. The era was launched, so might as well go for it.
    The physical CDs could still be released at a later time.
    It's not like she was going to sell 1M copies first week anyway.
    I'm surprised she has not claimed being infected yet, cause you know the good sis always catch something for every album.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Sorry. I haven't been posting guys I've been talking to my future husband 24/7. Lol but I hope all your families and yourselves are safe

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I hope you're not annoyed by me writing the same in multiple threads, but I'm a physical buyer, so while I'm cool with you guys streaming, I hope you understand that I like my old school CDs and hope that I can fully dedicate myself to them by the time the messy situation is over .

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Well, tbf Weeknd and Dua have both been doing promo for their albums since late last year. Gaga's song has only been out three weeks.

I am disappointed tho. I needed something new for my Corona soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Yikes I can't at Ga Ga & some other artists postponing their albums... I mean our lifes have already been reduced to being locked up at our own homes nowadays, the most humanitarian thing artists can do is release music to keep us occupied and to lighten our mood.

Also it's blatant Gaga is only pushing back coz of commercial reasons since in the same breath she is still releasing some new Haus Lab make up Disgusting

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Yeah that strategy was only a thing in the US.

Songs like No Doubt's "Don't Speak" (16 weeks at #1 on the US Radio) and Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" (11 weeks at #1 on the US Radio) would have been undeniable #1 hits on the Hot 100 but rules (back then) didn't allow them to chart on airplay alone and without a physical release.

the rule was corrected eventually as it was unfair and songs were allowed to chart based on airplay but some labels still kept not releasing singles (physically) in order to boost albums sales (in consequence sacrificing singles peaks and even potential #1 hits on the Hot 100), Britney's label used this strategy a LOT during the first years of her career, she lost an undeniable #1 Hot 100 hit with "Oops I Did It Again" (song) because of this ... But on the other hand her first two albums went Diamond.

Back in the day (80s, 90s and early 00s) getting good album sales was very important for artists and labels, those artists who sold the most albums were considered the most prestigeous and powerful music acts in the industry. Similar to how today those who get the best streaming results are ruling.
    Correct. U.S. labels got greedy in the 90's and they paid for it in the 00's. Should have stayed the course like they did in the 70's-80's.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Yeah that strategy was only a thing in the US.

Songs like No Doubt's "Don't Speak" (16 weeks at #1 on the US Radio) and Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" (11 weeks at #1 on the US Radio) would have been undeniable #1 hits on the Hot 100 but rules (back then) didn't allow them to chart on airplay alone and without a physical release.

the rule was corrected eventually as it was unfair and songs were allowed to chart based on airplay but some labels still kept not releasing singles (physically) in order to boost albums sales (in consequence sacrificing singles peaks and even potential #1 hits on the Hot 100), Britney's label used this strategy a LOT during the first years of her career, she lost an undeniable #1 Hot 100 hit with "Oops I Did It Again" (song) because of this ... But on the other hand her first two albums went Diamond.

Back in the day (80s, 90s and early 00s) getting good album sales was very important for artists and labels, those artists who sold the most albums were considered the most prestigeous and powerful music acts in the industry. Similar to how today those who get the best streaming results are ruling.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    I think the practice of eliminating singles in the 90s helped sales then, but hurt labels in the long run. Things like Napster arose because people didn't want to buy the entire album for one song, and they gave no other option.
    Only in the USA, I guess. I have never been unable to buy a single here.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    I think the practice of eliminating singles in the 90s helped sales then, but hurt labels in the long run. Things like Napster arose because people didn't want to buy the entire album for one song, and they gave no other option.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I remember buying (asking for money to buy) albums because of one good song on the radio during the late 90s/early 00s. So many albums sold very well that were extremely horrible albums during that period but everyone was basically competing for who had the most CD's in their collection. Record labels made BILLIONS of dollars but paid the artist crap during those days. Thank God those days are over.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Always the same people who end up commenting in Taylor threads and always find something negative to post. If you don't like her, stop reading & commenting on her threads, simple as that. Cause reading the same people constantly criticizing Taylor is no different than reading random Trump tweets, always full of hate.
    If only they would come up with new stuff instead of writing the same two sentences over and over again...

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    And just saying, but Trump comparisons are a bit rich when the MAGA crowd is responsible for 90% of your fave's success.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Deplorables need to know they're deplorable. If we don't call them out daily, they'll continue to get more deplorable until we end up in conversion or concentration camps again. It's proactive self-defence.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Always the same people who end up commenting in Taylor threads and always find something negative to post. If you don't like her, stop reading & commenting on her threads, simple as that. Cause reading the same people constantly criticizing Taylor is no different than reading random Trump tweets, always full of hate.
    Last edited by spiritboy; Mon March 23, 2020, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

It's not reverse psychology, it's just a reality of your hypocrissy about the matter. You don't like it when people come for Mariah but you feel brave coming for other artists.

that's probably the reason your comment didn't get your expected reaction (which clearly was: "let's all jump and hate on Taylor") and instead what you got was no one supporting or cheering your comment.

if you were more objective by not putting different judging standards for Mariah and other artists people would have found some credibility in your remarks about Taylor Swift.
    I'm in no mood to have a discussion like this and I'm sure you aren't either. I'm not a Taylor fan mainly because I'm not interested in her music and I'll admit that me having an opinion on her might be biased. When someone tells me I deserve Trump because I don't like Taylor Swift...that's where I draw a line though. That had nothing to do with what I said about her. It's not fair that I say something negative about Taylor and you use the Mariah card as a defense. People always use the Mariah card here for any reason, mostly to gaslight the lambs.
    "I don't like this or that artist" > "Well you as a Mariah fan always complain about the hate so you don't have a reason to dislike this artist".
    Just no.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Chile, most humans have Duo Lips to talk.
    Sis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X