X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Try Again and At Your Best (You Are Love) are the ones I have on my playlist. Great songs.
    And yes, Try Again was a big hit here.

https://www.top40.nl/aaliyah/aaliyah-try-again-12414
    She had two top tens over there: this and Are You That Somebody? Yet “More Than A Woman” is better than both of those combined.

Tho it gave her a much deserved k #1.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Hejira, since you seem to be the only one who responds back to my posts when tagged nowadays, this hit #3 in your hole - thots?
    Try Again and At Your Best (You Are Love) are the ones I have on my playlist. Great songs.
    And yes, Try Again was a big hit here.

https://www.top40.nl/aaliyah/aaliyah-try-again-12414

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post

Björk can be a tough cookie for some, but honestly all of her albums are impeccable production wise - Debut is maybe the least good, but still very consistent without an obvious flaw. But from Post to the latest one it's one production triumph after another. The only clear misstep is Volta though. That one is a bit all over the place.
    I was on board with Bjork up to Medulla, after that apart from a track here and there she kinda lost me.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied

Right after you make a fake account so you can still see my posts.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Look no further then post #4114.
    Ah, yes. Good reminder of true quality.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Gurl you know we love you. You can have a pity party when GOAT starts getting trashed by the haters
    Look no further then post #4114.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Then they ain’t gon like the next few months when GOAT celebrates several more anniversaries like its first week at #1 on the black airplay chart, first week at #1 on the Hot 100, 14th week etc.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

When people see your post this is what they see:

So basically, you have made yourself skippable. Just like GOAT.
    Then they ain’t gon like the next few months when GOAT celebrates several more anniversaries like its first week at #1 on the black airplay chart, first week at #1 on the Hot 100, 14th week etc.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I brought up Baby Gurl a few days ago but of course no one responded, which is becoming a trend for some reason.

Gurl you know we love you. You can have a pity party when GOAT starts getting trashed by the haters

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I was so heartbroken when she died. She had a lot of talent at a young age. My favorite from her is Are You That Somebody? The baby coo just gets me every time.
    Aaliyah always seemed to me one of the most stylish, perfect-image, and elegant music stars. She always had her hair and make up perfect and her fashion style was ahead of time, at some points she would dress for interviews, photoshoots or appearances with fashion that could fit today.

All that good taste she had of course reflected on the style of her music (which in many ocassions was futuristic and ahead of time), but honestly it was her 3rd studio self-titled album (the last one and final she recorded before her death) that IMO was something truly inmaculate. It's scary how stunning it is.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Hejira, since you seem to be the only one who responds back to my posts when tagged nowadays, this hit #3 in your hole - thots?

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    I brought up Baby Gurl a few days ago but of course no one responded, which is becoming a trend for some reason.
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.
    So basically, you have made yourself skippable. Just like GOAT.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I was late to the Aaliyah game, I always dismissed her without even hearing a single album of hers. Rediscovered her amazing singles a couple of years ago and then decided to give her "Aaliyah" album a go. She's really good. I love her vocals a lot, very playful and really mashing with the production. Even Mariah took some cues from her.
    I was so heartbroken when she died. She had a lot of talent at a young age. My favorite from her is Are You That Somebody? The baby coo just gets me every time.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Why is no one here talking about this f*cking masterpiece?

“Aaliyah” (2001) gotta be one of the greatest commercial / mainstream female albums I’ve ever heard. This coming from a Rock fan who was never a big fan of R&B music yet this mesmerized me in a way most female albums could never do. It’s simply PERFECT, so stylish, innovative, elegant, creative, even artistic.

This album experiments with a bunch of music genres even Rock and Industrial Rock music towards the end.

This is IMO better than any Beyoncé, Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Gaga, P!nk, Janet, Mariah and Celine album and better than a lot of Madonna albums . Take this with no offense as I said “In my opinion”.

The thought and fact that this came out in 2001 and was so ahead of it’s time is unreal and always gives me the chills and the thrill, it’s even scary.
    OMG @ you stanning for a hood classik.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Nope. Only her debut is available on streaming services. Not even Romeo Must Die is available in full.
    Yeah I've just checked and it's such a shame and crime!

... At least it's all there on Youtube , let me stream

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I think the album is on Spotify now but yeah Aaliyah's catalogue is a mess on streaming platforms. Fortunately this album can be easily found on Youtube.

... Man it's just insane how good it is.
    Nope. Only her debut is available on streaming services. Not even Romeo Must Die is available in full.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    MrLeonix the fact the album has been effectively deleted in this streaming era doesn't help its visibility.
    I think the album is on Spotify now but yeah Aaliyah's catalogue is a mess on streaming platforms. Fortunately this album can be easily found on Youtube.

... Man it's just insane how good it is.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Aaliyah and Bjork discussed on the same page? I am living!
    I was late to the Aaliyah game, I always dismissed her without even hearing a single album of hers. Rediscovered her amazing singles a couple of years ago and then decided to give her "Aaliyah" album a go. She's really good. I love her vocals a lot, very playful and really mashing with the production. Even Mariah took some cues from her.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Aaliyah and Bjork discussed on the same page? I am living!

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    MrLeonix the fact the album has been effectively deleted in this streaming era doesn't help its visibility.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    "Sanctuary" and "Forbidden Love" from "Bedtime Stories" are stunning tracks.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Bedtime Stories #1 on iTunes now.

So many great songs:
    Sanctuary
    Love Tried To Welcome Me
    Take A Bow
    Bedtime Story
    Secret
    Survival

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Even though I'm not all there with Vulnicura and Utopia and I prefer nearly all her albums that came before, the explanation she gave about this song and the idea behind why it's 10 minutes and why it has long passages without vocals is just brilliant and if you've been there, you know exactly how that feels.
    Yeah, this song was my way in to these albums. Her explanation, exactly what you just said, makes so much sense. The long drawn out strings as if they're just interludes of inner pain contrasting the increasingly intense verses. It's so good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X