Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

? Loverboy was never released to streaming services until August 2020.
    You just told me it was released to napster and some virgin website?
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

She’ll probably get higher than #80 on the Hot 100 year-end chart though.

Also Mariah’s discount was way more embarrassing because it failed it’s purpose to get the song to #1, like all of that discount and tactics to still miss the purpose .... Taylor on the other hand will get the #1 making her discount tactic useful

Also kudos to Taylor for releasing her song / album just a few days before Christmas .. she could have released this in January and would’ve been an easy #1 .. but she wanted a challenge instead of an easy #1 .. she deliberately decided to go against “All I Want For Christmas” and all the Xmas music and songs and did what she needed and was taken to be #1 in such extremely high competitive time. She didn’t need that but she still went for it.
      Yeah wanted a challenge but is doing the MOST desperate stunts and discounts of discounts of discounts we have seen thus far to secure that #1

I really hope she fails. The embarrassment will be glorious. stevyy get your amuhrican goats ready for a strihming session of AIWFCIY
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

You just told me it was released to napster and some virgin website?
        IN 2001... by December 2001 the song disappeared from every attainable format, so did the soundtrack and Mariah was fired from her record label.

She then bought the masters back from Virgin (as per deal of leaving, along $28 million to dissolve the contract) and started new at Universal Music. Glitter was put back on streaming services in August 2020 (19 years after its release).
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

One song is remembered by the GP and ther other one isn't. I'll take that over a few copies sold more in a dead sales market back in '01. Oh and probably more people already owned the mega smash album Survivor. Or did Glitter even manage to come close to the first week 49 cent numbers LB did?
          Gutter prolly wasn't 10% as successful as Survivor. Same with Loverbttm which wasn't 10% as successful as Bootylicious.
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Gutter prolly wasn't 10% as successful as Survivor. Same with Loverbttm which wasn't 10% as successful as Bootylicious.
            ... in the western world. Glitter was a smash in South Korea and Japan (and kinda France). <3 we love "exotic" music listeners.
            My Chart

Comment

• Moo should have just let JLOrd steal Loverboy as originally intended. Maybe that way it would have become a real memorable hit
              98 - OUT

Comment

... in the western world. Glitter was a smash in South Korea and Japan (and kinda France). <3 we love "exotic" music listeners.
                Yeah sure just like how Handshackles was a smash album in Germany

98 - OUT

Comment

Yeah sure just like how Handshackles was a smash album in Germany

so, CB wasn't half as successul in Germany as Glitter was in Japan. Why would you do such a comparison. Glitter debuted at #1 in Japan, CB debuted at #32 in Germany.

Unless, you didn't know that Glitter was a #1 album in Japan.
                  My Chart

Comment

Survivor is 2x Gold in France (YEC #44), Glitter is only Gold in France (YEC #110) both albums are Platinum in Japan...Can't fing anything about South Korea though, so you can have it if you want
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

so, CB wasn't half as successul in Germany as Glitter was in Japan. Why would you do such a comparison. Glitter debuted at #1 in Japan, CB debuted at #32 in Germany.

Unless, you didn't know that Glitter was a #1 album in Japan.
                      Gutter was prolly #1 - OUT just like that Trollz song by Miss Minaj

98 - OUT

Comment

Gutter was prolly #1 - OUT just like that Trollz song by Miss Minaj

don't speak like a Trumpster and create your own reality...

Glitter peaked in sales in week 2 @ #3 with 81,580 copies sold.

My Chart

Comment

• Glam (track from Bionic) has sold over 400k copies in South Korea. Such a potential.
                          Not Myself Tonight peaked in 3 on Japanese chart. Hit. Moves Like Jagger has sold over 5m copies in South Korea.
                          Empress of Asia, yep.

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri December 18, 2020, 14:01.
                          Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                            Glam (track from Bionic) has sold over 400k copies in South Korea. Such a potential.
                            Not Myself Tonight peaked in 3 on Japanese chart. Hit. Moves Like Jagger has sold over 5m copies in South Korea.
                            Empress of Asia, yep.
                            we r talking bout alberms.
                            My Chart

Comment

• we should all stream McCartney's new album - as per se - it's outstanding. The last MPG standing.
                              My Chart

Comment

we r talking bout alberms.
                                I know.

I also know that Mariah has the most selling album in Japan which is impressive.
                                Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Moo should have just let JLOrd steal Loverboy as originally intended. Maybe that way it would have become a real memorable hit
                                  She did, and J.No’s rip-off did nothing in the U.S. Which is why they resorted to Ja Rule remixing a gutterat version of I’m Real, which also sabotaged another Kween Glitter album cut.

I’m glad we’re all caught up tho.

Originally posted by beredy
                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Let's be real the biggest bombs of the 2000s are Bionic and Femme Fatale, while the biggest bombs of the 2010s are Lotus Liberation Britney Jeans and Glory. Compared to those Harmbracelet was a huge success.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Let's be real the biggest bombs of the 2000s are Bionic and Femme Fatale, while the biggest bombs of the 2010s are Lotus Liberation Britney Jeans and Glory. Compared to those Harmbracelet was a huge success.
                                      In your head I’m sure

Comment

• This is cute. The production sounds very Dua'd though?
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

In your head I’m sure
                                          I mean .. what can you expect from someone who doesn’t even know the decades .... according to that post “Bionic” and “Femme Fatale” were released in a different decade than BJ and “Lotus”
                                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri December 18, 2020, 16:11.
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

In your head I’m sure
                                            The Wind didn’t even get the dates right.
                                            Originally posted by beredy
                                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              Let's be real the biggest bombs of the 2000s are Bionic and Femme Fatale, while the biggest bombs of the 2010s are Lotus Liberation Britney Jeans and Glory. Compared to those Harmbracelet was a huge success.
                                              Femme Fatale was far from being a bomb. It had 3 hits and sold a cute amount
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                She did, and J.No’s rip-off did nothing in the U.S. Which is why they resorted to Ja Rule remixing a gutterat version of I’m Real, which also sabotaged another Kween Glitter album cut.

I’m glad we’re all caught up tho.
                                                1999-2005 must have been horrible for Mariah. JLOrd really just came along and ended her like it's nothing. It must have been hard to watch for Mariah how a younger, hotter and more talented version of herself was replacing her. No wonder the good sis is still shook and bothered by JLOrd

Last edited by aRat; Fri December 18, 2020, 16:21.
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

1999-2005 must have been horrible for Mariah. JLOrd really just came along and ended her like it's nothing. It must have been hard to watch for Mariah how a younger, hotter and more talented version of herself was replacing her. No wonder the good sis is still shook and bothered by JLOrd
                                                  The shocking part is that J.Lo is actually older than Mariah
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Femme Fatale was far from being a bomb. It had 3 hits and sold a cute amount
                                                    Not really. It barely reached 800k in sales in the US and is completely for gagatten. Even within her fanbase.

Hey Silver dollar what's up?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X