Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well no one is denying all that but that doesn't mean his music has to appeal to us.
    At least he's appealing to GP which is more than we can say for our faves
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

At least he's appealing to GP which is more than we can say for our faves
      But that still doesn't mean he has to appeal to ME

Comment

• An opera singing legend! So beautiful as well.
        Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          Ed wins, you guys lose. He sells albums, score hits, go on record breaking tours, plus he has Taylor as his bestie. He can't stop winning.
          Having a needy sociopath as best friend isn't anything to be proud of
          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Having a needy sociopath as best friend isn't anything to be proud of
            maybe she can teach ed how to discount discounted discounts.
            My Chart

Comment

• Cute but this is more accurate.
              Originally posted by beredy
              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

maybe she can teach ed how to discount discounted discounts.
                Remember when she claimed a few years ago that she didn't know how charts worked anymore but her friend Ed Sheeran was an expert and knows all about it

Comment

• Forget about all of those screamy and ear hurting divas .... This is the ONLY cheesy AC ballad that matters and that we should know:

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Oh wow Katy's version of White Christmas is stunning. I appreciate the way she keeps it simple, stays true to the original while adding some beautiful vocal flourishes without losing the actual melody of the song. Simply beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Remember when she claimed a few years ago that she didn't know how charts worked anymore but her friend Ed Sheeran was an expert and knows all about it
                      The sanke also held back her music from streaming services because "music has value and she doesn't want to undersell it"

98 - OUT

Comment

• “Music is art, and art is important and rare. Important, rare things are valuable. Valuable things should be paid for. It’s my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album’s price point is. I hope they don’t underestimate themselves or undervalue their art.”

-Taylor Swift, 2014
                        98 - OUT

Comment

• ^ The 100 percent about turn

This is why artists should be super careful about what they say cos they can be made to look like such hypocrites later

Comment

• All those extremely weak #1 hits this year:

Say So (Remix):

#1-#2-OUT

Life Goes On:

#1-#28-#93-OUT

Trollz:

#1-#34-#54-#83-OUT

Franchise:

#1-#25-#23-#39-#51-#59-#55-#58-#78-OUT

The Scotts

#1-#12-#13-#16-#17-#22-#25-#32-#35-#38-#53-#69-#74-OUT

Cardigan

#1-#8-#24-#33-#36-#45
                            Don't Smash Now was really robbed. At least she remained the queen of integrity and organique success
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• I didn't know Cardigan was such a flop. Mariah's Thank God I Found You was #28 5 weeks after hitting #1. (Not counting the week at #2 before it even hit #1... lol.
                              My Chart

Comment

I didn't know Cardigan was such a flop. Mariah's Thank God I Found You was #28 5 weeks after hitting #1. (Not counting the week at #2 before it even hit #1... lol.
                                Tayloo hasn't had a real hit since that Fifty Shades Of P*rn collab with Zayn from 2016
                                98 - OUT

Comment

All those extremely weak #1 hits this year:

Don't Smash Now was really robbed. At least she remained the queen of integrity and organique success
                                  You forgot all about Xmas GOAT in the beginning of January, which was 1-OUT

ForGaGaten indeed.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

ForGaGaten indeed.
                                    True. Talking about forGaGatten I also forgot Piss On Me which had a steep decline and was OUT real quick and ended up behind #13 peaking songs like Break My Heart on Year End Charts
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

All those extremely weak #1 hits this year:

The way Never really over and Daisies were ultimately bigger hits than all of those fraudulent number ones..

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post

ForGaGaten indeed.
                                        ... bbbbbut it returned to #1 11 months later. I'm not sure that Cardigan will return to #1 in 10 months.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Regardless of the chart run at least Taylor reached the #1 with an acoustic alternative pop song. Your faves could never.

The only commercial pop girls that have done good or gone Top 10 on the Hot 100 with non-safe singles are Madonna (“Erotica”, “Frozen”, etc), Beyoncé (“Formation”), Rihanna (“Russian Roulette”, “FourFiveSeconds”) and Taylor Swift (“Cardigan”, “Willow”).

The other pop girls and divas flop whenever they release a different-sounding single to their formulas
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Kween took a chance with “Honey” which was a #1 hit but completely wiped out her suburban Karen audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                              Regardless of the chart run at least Taylor reached the #1 with an acoustic alternative pop song. Your faves could never.

The only commercial pop girls that have done good or gone Top 10 on the Hot 100 with non-safe singles are Madonna (“Erotica”, “Frozen”, etc), Beyoncé (“Formation”), Rihanna (“Russian Roulette”, “FourFiveSeconds”) and Taylor Swift (“Cardigan”, “Willow”).

The other pop girls and divas flop whenever they release a different-sounding single to their formulas
                                              Mariah's I'll Be There was a live recording... also unplugged... lol.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Smash hit. It is a pity that she did not make a greater career.
                                                Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Mariah's I'll Be There was a live recording... also unplugged... lol.
                                                  There’s nothing risky or alternative or different about that boring AC traditional cheesy rendition that she did of that song ... the typical basic and safe AC ballad sound that she and Celine had in the 90s .. nothing risky about that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

There’s nothing risky or alternative or different about that boring AC traditional cheesy rendition that she did of that song ... the typical basic and safe AC ballad sound that she and Celine had in the 90s .. nothing risky about that at all.
                                                    then we might have to disagree on that. I think it was phenomenal that Mariah Carey got a #1 song with a live recording from MTV Unplugged.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X