• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

90s Mariah >
    I would like to ask her if this was her original vision for the song, instead of that syrupy ballad version that got released.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    I really like this remix, better than the original tbh.

90s Mariah >

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    I don't think InFamous stevyy or aRat did anything wrong.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I really like this remix, better than the original tbh.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

Janet had a good career, I am not denying that. But for me she is not on the level of those four women she gets grouped with.
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

She's had a GREAT career - one of the greatest of all times.
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Lbr Janet is an erased forGaGatten local fad

So why exactly is the woman who outsold her not in the big 5 lol, as I said it makes no sense. Also your time span makes no sense either. Why pick a random arbitary time span to make a statistic that makes her favourable. The facts remain that on her overall career sales there is a chasm between Janet and those other four women and she does not have one single album that comes close to the most successful album of theirs.
    Putting Janet on a level with those four women is like when Gaga fans try and claim she is on the level of Taylor, Rihanna or Beyonce. No, No and NNNOOO.
    You are not going to change my mind so just agree to disagree and move on.
    Why are you all insisting in keeping this topic going round in circles? We get it - you do or don't think highly of Janet.

InFamous, I've highlighted in bold how are you repeating yourself and at that point, it comes off as baiting. Stevvy/Infamous, responding in kind to someone who says she is/isn't great and insisting AGAIN that she does or doesn't qualify according to your standard is unnecessary.

aRat, that comment is a particular brand of troll bait.

Move on.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

in between 1980 and 2000 she was the 6th highest selling female albums act in music history. That is why she is ranked among them and rightfully so. She is also one of the biggest hitmakers in history - to this day. She even outsold Mariah in singles sales in the 1990s. It would be a shameful omission to not include her.
    So why exactly is the woman who outsold her not in the big 5 lol, as I said it makes no sense. Also your time span makes no sense either. Why pick a random arbitary time span to make a statistic that makes her favourable. The facts remain that on her overall career sales there is a chasm between Janet and those other four women and she does not have one single album that comes close to the most successful album of theirs.
    Putting Janet on a level with those four women is like when Gaga fans try and claim she is on the level of Taylor, Rihanna or Beyonce. No, No and NNNOOO.
    You are not going to change my mind so just agree to disagree and move on.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Lbr Janet is an erased forGaGatten local fad

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Janet had a good career, I am not denying that. But for me she is not on the level of those four women she gets grouped with.
    She's had a GREAT career - one of the greatest of all times.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

She still doesn't compare to the sales of Madonna, Celine, Whitney or Mariah worldwide.
    It was irrelevant to what I said if she made the top ten or not.
    in between 1980 and 2000 she was the 6th highest selling female albums act in music history. That is why she is ranked among them and rightfully so. She is also one of the biggest hitmakers in history - to this day. She even outsold Mariah in singles sales in the 1990s. It would be a shameful omission to not include her.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I think most music fans will include her as one of the 5 Big 80s/90s female singers for having several huge sellling albums in those decades as well as breaking records (even having 7 hits from one album) and at one point even breaking those of her brother Michael. There was no way in those decades you could get around her and it would be weird to leave her out. Somehow people keep forgetting her impact and success she had in those years.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

She still doesn't compare to the sales of Madonna, Celine, Whitney or Mariah worldwide.
    I think most music fans will include her as one of the 5 Big 80s/90s female singers for having several huge sellling albums in those decades as well as breaking records (even having 7 hits from one album) and at one point even breaking those of her brother Michael. There was no way in those decades you could get around her and it would be weird to leave her out. Somehow people keep forgetting her impact and success she had in those years.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Physical? OK, BOOMER
    Imagine asking about the physical sales of a single released in 2008 .

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I'm seeing some empty posts for the past few days...like literally blank posts. Maybe my browser is glitching I don't know...

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

You pronounced Levitating wrong
    Levitating is SO catchy ! I love it.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

She's in the top 10 of the biggest selling overall female albums seller worldwide.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

what are the physical sales of the song?
    Physical? OK, BOOMER

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Tried to forget about it tbh
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Thu April 23, 2020, 22:21.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    If I were a boy is more remembered|Global than 17 of Mariah's #1s. Lol
    what are the physical sales of the song?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

I never really understand Janet's inclusion. She doesn't come close to the sales of the other girls overall, doesnt have one album which was a huge seller and definitely does not or did not have the reach of the other four.
    She's in the top 10 of the biggest selling overall female albums seller worldwide.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Dua will end herself if she doesn't release pretty Please

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Obviously I meant to write 200.
    Which also doesn't exist. Maybe you meant the Billboard Top 200. That's an albums chart.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Let's hope so but there sadly is a very high chance of Rih never releasing

Henny aren't you from Brazil? Is Dua really as big as her recent success there makes it seem? I mean DSN is already 2x Diamond there
    Dua will end herself if she doesn't release pretty Please

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yes because in America “Single Ladies” outperformed but “If I Were A Boy” was still a big multi-platinum US hit. That song was basically huge everywhere.
    Eligible for 6 platinum. A hit

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Don’t worry ... If it wasn’t in Dua’s fate to do that then #R9 will murder her
    Let's hope so but there sadly is a very high chance of Rih never releasing

Henny aren't you from Brazil? Is Dua really as big as her recent success there makes it seem? I mean DSN is already 2x Diamond there

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

I feel like it's more appreciated outside of America though. But it's still a huge hit here
    Yes because in America “Single Ladies” outperformed but “If I Were A Boy” was still a big multi-platinum US hit. That song was basically huge everywhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X