Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Who dat?
    Only my lover, who got rid of his beard when I agreed to that 5mil deal.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

    Comment


    • Trust me to only go and get Shakira and Rihanna. Does Can't remember to forget you still count?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

        Only my lover, who got rid of his beard when I agreed to that 5mil deal.
        2 bttms don't make a top
        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by aRat View Post

          2 bttms don't make a top
          We'll figure something out.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

          Comment


          • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Shakira's voice irritates me so much.
            me too. that's not her real singing voice... she is pressing her chords or whatever in order to sound like a frog.
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              me too. that's not her real singing voice... she is pressing her chords or whatever in order to sound like a frog.
              She's been singing like that since her debut album from 1991 so I'm pretty sure after 30 years of singing like that, that's just how she sings.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

                We'll figure something out.
                COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                Comment


                • Yawn Mendes can stay outside the studio while me and Lana record.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                  .

                  Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                  Comment


                  • Shawn Mendes cannot, I repeat... CANNOT SING... How he even has a career in music is beyond me... but so does Bob Dylan... who is even worse.
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      Shawn Mendes cannot, I repeat... CANNOT SING... How he even has a career in music is beyond me... but so does Bob Dylan... who is even worse.
                      You are not comparing these two.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post


                        Talk about a win-win situation!
                        Packing my stuff right now.
                        Switch it to GOAT and it literally would be the hardest decision of my life.
                        Originally posted by beredy
                        When people see your post this is what they see:

                        GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                        Comment


                        • Who is Camila Cabello?
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • A bigot.
                            Originally posted by beredy
                            When people see your post this is what they see:

                            GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                            Comment


                            • AndiIversen
                              AndiIversen commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yup, a senorita racista

                          • I got Britney and Harry Styles from that gif game. Awful collab.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

                            Comment


                            • Imagine if ashanti had kept her talent all to her self. Lol

                              Comment


                              • Apparently shakira setlist leaked.

                                Whenever wherever
                                she wolf
                                Empire
                                Hips don't lie


                                I'm Lost for words


                                Everyone will think j Lo Is superior tomorrow, because of this messy set list?



                                why is JLo and j balvin performing Mi Gente?
                                Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun February 2nd, 2020, 08:01.

                                Comment


                                • Well those are some of her best songs tho!

                                  Comment


                                  • That's an OK setlist. Not the best it could have been, but not in the CHOICES territory either.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                    .

                                    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                      Well those are some of her best songs tho!
                                      Gurl Nobody wants a she wolf or empire

                                      Hips Don't Lie
                                      waka waka
                                      Whenever wherever
                                      Give it up to me

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

                                        Gurl Nobody wants a she wolf or empire

                                        Hips Don't Lie
                                        waka waka
                                        Whenever wherever
                                        Give it up to me
                                        Chile, dismiss She Wolf and Empire and add Waka and Give It Up to Me? I'm glad she's doing She Wolf because that disco/dance territory of 80's is back in the pop center again and she's free to remind people she went with it quite some time ago.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                        .

                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                        Comment




                                        • COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

                                            Gurl Nobody wants a she wolf or empire
                                            I know "Empire" sounds like a strange choice but it makes lots of sense. I think it was selected in order to have a slow moment in the setlist that could be suitable for a stadium. "Empire" is the perfect song to create a sublime "stadium moment".

                                            Just look at this stunning "Empire" performance she did at the Billboard awards:



                                            ... Now imagine this in a stadium, very powerfull!.

                                            ....

                                            As for "She Wolf", it's basically her 4th most iconic english song after "Whenever, Wherever", "Hips Don't Lie" and "Waka Waka" (which are on the setlist). So I think it was chosen for that reason. "Underneath Your Clothes" was a big hit back in the day but it's quite forgotten these days and "Objection" kinda underperformed. "She Wolf" is up there with her most remembered english songs these days so it makes sense to see it on the setlist (And I'm glad it is). She has some other huge spanish songs but for a SuperBowl performance I think it was obvious she was going to give priority to her english / anglo catalogue.
                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                            Comment


                                            • On the other hand, imagine having to perform your biggest songs again and again and again. She's probably performed 'Whenever Wherenever' 42346876876785 times when her discography is much broader than that, so I can understand if she wants to give some of her not totally overexposed songs a little chance.
                                              Don't need hindsight
                                              I'll make my emotions clear
                                              And then disappear
                                              With one strike
                                              (All Saints)

                                              Comment


                                              • I think it's a solid set list - she basically picked the most successful US single from her four biggest albums in the US. Would have been nice if she picked a Spanish language song like Chantaje, but it's all a pretty safe selection.

                                                Comment


                                                • The only Empire I know is the one with Cookie
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

                                                  GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • She Wolf is one of her best songs imo. I was obsessed with it when I was 9. I would also love it if she performed Ojos Así but it makes sense that she left it out

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                                      She Wolf is one of her best songs imo. I was obsessed with it when I was 9. I would also love it if she performed Ojos Así but it makes sense that she left it out
                                                      “She Wolf” is actually acclaimed and considered one of Shakira’s finest moments by many. I personally don’t agree but for some reason this song is loved by casual listeners non-Shakira fans often labeled as a “perfect song”. So the choice was obvious.

                                                      Also Shakira’s setlist is arranged in a way to capture her different sides as an artist. Her exotic, rhytmic persona and iconic belly / hips dancing (with “Hips Don’t Lie), her typical world-music vibe essence (with “Whenever, Wherever” and “Waka Waka”), her sexy persona (With “She-Wolf”) and her Rock roots which is a very important side for Shakira (with “Empire”).

                                                      Her setlist will display all of her aspects as an artist.
                                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                        On the other hand, imagine having to perform your biggest songs again and again and again. She's probably performed 'Whenever Wherenever' 42346876876785 times when her discography is much broader than that, so I can understand if she wants to give some of her not totally overexposed songs a little chance.
                                                        That is why songwriting is important... bc when you write your own music... you put so much of yourself into them... or... you should really connect with the songs you sing... it's best to have soul piercing quality songs... otherwise I agree... it becomes repetitive and boring.
                                                        My Chart

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                          That is why songwriting is important... bc when you write your own music... you put so much of yourself into them... or... you should really connect with the songs you sing... it's best to have soul piercing quality songs... otherwise I agree... it becomes repetitive and boring.
                                                          Why you quoting a text about Shakira for this? You should find a J.Lo post to talk about not writing your own stuff.
                                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                                          .

                                                          Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I don’t see a problem with her setlist except for "Empire" maybe.
                                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                                            Comment

                                                            Working...
                                                            X