X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Commercial success > artistic integrity.
    Thankfully my faves have both

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Hah! I always knew her and her brother were doing it.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Nonsense.
    Well what do you expect from spiritboy?

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I totally understand what you mean. Ironically, he keeps only getting bigger from era to era, so he has a massive mainstream appeal ranging from young to adult, so I don't know whether he's willing to give that up in favor of a less bubblegum sound.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    I initially thought no one's going to buy into this Ed Sheeran transition into bubblegum pop. However, what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I liked Ed Sheeran during his first era. But ever since he became straight up bubblegum teen-pop I cannot stan him anymore.
    I totally understand what you mean. Ironically, he keeps only getting bigger from era to era, so he has a massive mainstream appeal ranging from young to adult, so I don't know whether he's willing to give that up in favor of a less bubblegum sound.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    BeeBoy

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina

Confirmed for spring. Only a handful of concerts has been held there as it's hard to sell out. But if she sold 38K in Raleigh in north Carolina on the formation tour 48K shouldn't be hard to achieve in Charlotte since it's closer to south Carolina as well
    In Spring? Good luck selling out that venue you speak of. They better have a whole proper rollout and era planned because otherwise she'll serve an EMPTi World Tour debacle a la riri.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    speaking of qualitea music... when are Paolo, Jessie Ware and Florence finally returning to us... ?????????????????? Wayne

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I liked Ed Sheeran during his first era. But ever since he became straight up bubblegum teen-pop I cannot stan him anymore.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Beyoncé's Oscar party has become the ultimate "go to party" i guess. At least Madonna passed the torch to the most talented lady in the business.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

I don't think you're talking about the same ed. Because the ed we know is obsessed with charts & stats
    And there is nothing wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    wow Adele looks like a different person

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    I love adele in any weight she is on.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Adele was so much prettier with a little weight on her

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Nah, he is living like a regular guy, still hanging out with his old friends and goes to pubs he always hangs out. He'll be totally fine in case he flops and disappears but the thing is, soccer moms are more loyal than gheys. Plus, he had enough hits to tour and as long as he is able to tour, he'll be fine.
    I don't think you're talking about the same ed. Because the ed we know is obsessed with charts & stats

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    A proud one at that
    I guess former bisexual Jessie J was right when she wrote the modern classic Nobody's Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Did you just come out as an Android and Windows user?

A proud one at that

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Ugh sis you always serve the qualitea (except when it comes to trashy & inferior Apple products)

Did you just come out as an Android and Windows user?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

The problem with being as basic as Sheeran is that he'll have no one to fall back on when the GP inevitably moves on to the next ugly in 3-4 years. Frustrated, middle-aged soccer moms aren't the most loyal of fanbases. He'll flop hard and have a Katy-style mental breakdown. From that moment on, he'll wish he was Mariah and at least had the online forum gays on his side.
    Ugh sis you always serve the qualitea (except when it comes to trashy & inferior Apple products)

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

The problem with being as basic as Sheeran is that he'll have no one to fall back on when the GP inevitably moves on to the next ugly in 3-4 years. Frustrated, middle-aged soccer moms aren't the most loyal of fanbases. He'll flop hard and have a Katy-style mental breakdown. From that moment on, he'll wish he was Mariah and at least had the online forum gays on his side.
    Nah, he is living like a regular guy, still hanging out with his old friends and goes to pubs he always hangs out. He'll be totally fine in case he flops and disappears but the thing is, soccer moms are more loyal than gheys. Plus, he had enough hits to tour and as long as he is able to tour, he'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Exactly. Thank God, GP thinks differently from online forum people. Ed Sheeran is the most hated/insulted artist on forums yet he's the one slaying sales, streaming and touring, GP cares about his music and that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Regarding Mariah Carey, you shall not disrespect the woman just like that. She is a great singer, songwriter and one of the best selling female artists of all time. Yes, she had some low points during her career, was seen as a joke at some point but she recovered nicely. Even everything she releases flop, her legacy will remain intact. Look at Whitney, she's known as one of the best voices ever. No one can deny her talent even though her last years were messy and people talked more about her drug use than her music. People calling them dusty just because they expect the same success as new artists are just delusional.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    There seem to be people who primarily seem to choose the artists they support based on their streaming scores. On the other hand, the artists that are really successful on the worldwide charts, hardly get much attention on here (e.g. Billie Eilish or Lewis Capaldi), so I don't know what the point of such discussions is.
    Exactly. Thank God, GP thinks differently from online forum people. Ed Sheeran is the most hated/insulted artist on forums yet he's the one slaying sales, streaming and touring, GP cares about his music and that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    BeeBoy

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina

Confirmed for spring. Only a handful of concerts has been held there as it's hard to sell out. But if she sold 38K in Raleigh in north Carolina on the formation tour 48K shouldn't be hard to achieve in Charlotte since it's closer to south Carolina as well
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Mon February 10, 2020, 03:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X