X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    P.S. Also Kitty doesn't have a Jay-Z, Beyonce is basically the Hillary Clinton of the industry.
    Not a fan of both tbh.
    The dumbest shit I’ve ever read in here, and God knows the bar was HIGH.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Kitty had a top 20 hit in 2019, so it's not as bad as you project.
    Also why do we have to brag about a Kitty Top 20 song 10 years into her career when we have girls like P!nk, J.Lo, Rihanna, Britney and Taylor scoring #1 hit singles (or Top 3 in J.Lo’s case) at 12 - 15 years into their careers?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Let's take notes about 10 years into solo career, Destiny's Child is a huge bump and the whole act was never solely on Beyonce's shoulders.
    Basically their careers started falling off the cliff for the same very reason - streaming.
    P.S. Also Kitty doesn't have a Jay-Z, Beyonce is basically the Hillary Clinton of the industry.
    Not a fan of both tbh.
    Even if we count her solo career as her start in the music business (which clearly wasn’t) she still did miles better 2003 (solo debut) , 10 years later by 2013 (she released the slaying selftitled “Beyoncé” album and era which enjoyed massive acclaim, multi-platinum success, won every music award and yielded the #2 smash hit “Drunk In Love”).

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Plus u sitting in her crediting jay z for her success just proves ur dislike for her

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Let's take notes about 10 years into solo career, Destiny's Child is a huge bump and the whole act was never solely on Beyonce's shoulders.
    Basically their careers started falling off the cliff for the same very reason - streaming.
    Not a fan of both tbh.
    Destinys child was all beyonce though. Yall need to make y'all mind up. Either destiny's child was built to launch her solo career or everyone played a valuable part. Lol

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

10 years apart in the music industry is a big difference, that’s basically a decade ahead and basically the same than putting a10 years old and a 20 years old together and pretending there’s not a “big difference”.

it’s not the same having 23 years in the business than 10.

When Beyoncé was 10 years in the business in 2007 she was at #1 on the charts with “Irreplaceable” and had not even released the smashing “Sasha”’era. Kitty at 10 years into her career can’t even chart on the Hot 100.
    Not a fan of both tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Partition also

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Soldier
    Naughty Girl
    Deja Vu
    Formation
    The way y'all forget Love on top & the urban classic that is cater 2 u

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Amazing indeed. And so many hits:

- Say My Name
    - Bills Bills Bills
    - Independent Woman Pt 1
    - Survivor
    - Bootylicious
    - Crazy In Love
    - Baby Boy
    - Lose My Breath
    - Check On It
    - Irreplaceable
    - Beautiful Liar
    - If I Were A Boy
    - Single Ladies
    - Halo
    - Sweet Dreams
    - Drunk In Love
    Soldier
    Naughty Girl
    Deja Vu
    Formation

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

-Telephone
    -mi gente
    -perfect duet
    -hymn for the weekend( if she wasn't petty)
    Oh .. I didn’t want to rely on features ... leave that for those artists who need it.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

- Say My Name
    - Bills Bills Bills
    - Independent Woman Pt 1
    - Survivor
    - Bootylicious
    - Crazy In Love
    - Baby Boy
    - Lose My Breath
    - Check On It
    - Irreplaceable
    - Beautiful Liar
    - If I Were A Boy
    - Single Ladies
    - Halo
    - Sweet Dreams
    - Drunk In Love
    -Telephone
    -mi gente
    -perfect duet
    -hymn for the weekend( if she wasn't petty)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Not to mention she could've went solo a fell flat on her face

Destiny's Child 2,200,000
    the Writings on the wall 13,000,000
    survivor 10,000,000
    Dangerously in love 10,000,000
    Destiny's Fulfilled 6,300,000
    B'Day 6,000,000
    I am sasha Fierce 8,000,000
    Four 3,200,000
    BEYONCÉ 4,000,000
    Lemonade 3,000,000
    Everything is Love 300,000

Destiny's Child #1's 4,000,000
    8 days of Christmas 1,300,000

1Billion Tour Gross. Around 1,125,000,000 with Destiny's child

Beyoncé has had a amazing 23 year career.for her to be mainly a urban act this makes it even more mind blowing

- Say My Name
    - Bills Bills Bills
    - Independent Woman Pt 1
    - Survivor
    - Bootylicious
    - Crazy In Love
    - Baby Boy
    - Lose My Breath
    - Check On It
    - Irreplaceable
    - Beautiful Liar
    - If I Were A Boy
    - Single Ladies
    - Halo
    - Sweet Dreams
    - Drunk In Love

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Actually I once read about some statistical phenomenon and study in the music industry that many artists can’t pass the mark of 3 mainstream successful studio albums and that the 4th album represents some sort of filter like a make or break album in most artists careers. For majority they will die while attempting to get into the 4th album (some will only last 1 album, some 2 , some 3 but it’s not considered “safe” or that you “made it further” if you don’t succeed with your 4th album).
    Not to mention she could've went solo a fell flat on her face

Destiny's Child 2,200,000
    the Writings on the wall 13,000,000
    survivor 10,000,000
    Dangerously in love 10,000,000
    Destiny's Fulfilled 6,300,000
    B'Day 6,000,000
    I am sasha Fierce 8,000,000
    Four 3,200,000
    BEYONCÉ 4,000,000
    Lemonade 3,000,000
    Everything is Love 300,000

Destiny's Child #1's 4,000,000
    8 days of Christmas 1,300,000

71,000,000 million pure albums sold
    10 number one hits
    685 awards

1Billion Tour Gross. Around 1,125,000,000 with Destiny's child

And the hive wonder why sis doesn't give 2 fs about success anymore

Beyoncé has had a amazing 23 year career.for her to be mainly a urban act this makes it even more mind blowing
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Tue April 14, 2020, 17:08.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

It's a huge deal when most popstars peak & fall from grace within 10 years. Sooner than that if you're a r&b girl. Beyoncé 23 years as a black r&b star is extremely rare & impressive. Not worth the fight tbh
    Actually I once read about some statistical phenomenon and study in the music industry that many artists can’t pass the mark of 3 mainstream successful studio albums and that the 4th album represents some sort of filter like a make or break album in most artists careers. For majority they will die while attempting to get into the 4th album (some will only last 1 album, some 2 , some 3 but it’s not considered “safe” or that you “made it further” if you don’t succeed with your 4th album).

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

10 years apart in the music industry is a big difference, that’s basically a decade ahead and basically the same than putting a10 years old and a 20 years old together and pretending there’s not a “big difference”.

When Beyoncé was 10 years in the business in 2007 she was at #1 on the charts with “Irreplaceable” and had not even released the smashing “Sasha”’era. Kitty at 10 years into her career can’t even chart on the Hot 100.
    It's a huge deal when most popstars peak & fall from grace within 10 years. Sooner than that if you're a r&b girl. Beyoncé 23 years as a black r&b star is extremely rare & impressive. Not worth the fight tbh

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Katy Perry flopping is no big deal. She found a way to earn great amount of money outside of music business so i'm sure she's doing fine.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

not as big as MrLeonix portrays.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Listening to Lion King album, Bigger should've been a single.
    Brown skin legends should've smashed

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Listening to Lion King album, Bigger should've been a single.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    This was r&b at its peak

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    abi I never heard those b4. Thanks for linking them

This bop right here

A moment most pleasing to my ears

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The good sis Jesse Williams covered all those points in an incensed, yet eloquent matter a few years ago on the greatest televised speech of my lifetime.

And just guess who couldn’t keep his mouth shut?

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by abi View Post
    This unfortunately, is a common thing that happens everywhere.

Here in Asia, Black culture is seen as something 'cool' so that many people try to become a rapper just to appear 'hard' and 'edgy' by adopting the music, the look, the fashion or the accent without understanding the essence of it. Some of them would even throw the n word casually here and there without knowing the meaning or the history (I'm talking about the ones who can actually understand English). I mean, if you want to 'adopt' & get into the a certain culture that is not yours, the least you can do is to start learning from the basics and don't just jump on it because everyone else does.
    I guess a lot of people don't understand how cultural appropriation works and they just copy anything they like and try to pass it off as something personal. It's hard to even blame them when they don't even know why they're wrong but I think it's good to keep educating them on why it IS.
    I use some words on this board sometimes like I will say 'Chile..' when I don't agree with someone...I'm honestly not qualified to use such words but since I feel so familiar with it I tend to do so. It's not wrong to do it but you need to be aware that it's borrowed from another culture and you can't pass it off as if that kind of language belongs to you.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I do think the r&b and hiphop genres were taken over by other cultures and the purity of it is kind of lost in the mix. On the other hand, I'm a white person who was drawn to r&b from very young age. You can't forbid non black people from listening and enjoying to the black genre but I honestly feel we didn't have the right to 'Justin Timberlake' the whole thing and take it over. The hiphop scene here in Holland is pretty much ran by white rappers and they're terrible on top of being wrong.
    This unfortunately, is a common thing that happens everywhere.

Here in Asia, Black culture is seen as something 'cool' so that many people try to become a rapper just to appear 'hard' and 'edgy' by adopting the music, the look, the fashion or the accent without understanding the essence of it. Some of them would even throw the n word casually here and there without knowing the meaning or the history (I'm talking about the ones who can actually understand English). I mean, if you want to 'adopt' & get into the a certain culture that is not yours, the least you can do is to start learning from the basics and don't just jump on it because everyone else does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X