No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in general, Katy's live arrangement are great. Roar is another example of how a song can be elevated with a slightly fuller and dramatic sound. She does it so well.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Just in general, Katy's live arrangement are great. Roar is another example of how a song can be elevated with a slightly fuller and dramatic sound. She does it so well.
      I also love how she can go on stage with a live mic and re arrange her songs in an acoustic fashion as she does a lot and has been doing for years.

I mean the NERVE of anyone to say that she cannot sing, while stanning Britney or Selena is hillarious to me.

What a beautiful rendition of Unconditionally , the power, those flawless transitions and that sustained belt at 3.03.

Last edited by InFamous; Thu January 21, 2021, 23:56.

Comment

• Even after having one of the most colossal flobs of all time, Kween was still in high demand as a performer, and therefore asked to performed at the biggest entertainment show of the year just a few months removed from Glitter. The end result was one the best renditions of the national anthem ever. Another GOAT trophy to her case.

I flatlined at 2:14.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• I honestly find it shocking that anyone can enjoy Christina screaming. It's cringe-worthy. She is a great singer when she doesn't try to shout, and she once had vocal ability to pull off higher notes. But she should stick to where she shines and stop the agony. She has a very recognizable tone and is really great when she is not straining or over ad-libing.
          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Not Dua serving Ariana pronounciation on the chorus of We're good.

What language is she singing in ? After the word "ways" I'm like huh ?

Those counter harmonies and adlibs though. I approve.

Edit - Listened to the chorus ten times and this is what I think she is singing, chile that was tough to work out
            Cant figure out if she is singing "As" before Long but I can't really hear it so I did not put it in .

We're not meant to be like sleeping and cocaine,
            So let's at least agree to go our seperate ways
            How can I judge you when you're with somebody else
            Long as you swear you wont be pissed when I do it myself lets
            end it like we should and say we're good.
            Last edited by InFamous; Fri January 22, 2021, 03:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Even after having one of the most colossal flobs of all time, Kween was still in high demand as a performer, and therefore asked to performed at the biggest entertainment show of the year just a few months removed from Glitter. The end result was one the best renditions of the national anthem ever. Another GOAT trophy to her case.

I flatlined at 2:14.

Which version do you prefer ? Both audios are the exact same note for note except the word "ramparts" was done in chest voice in the second one as opposed to head voice in the one you posted.

Personally I prefer it in chest voice - I feel it has more impact.

Comment

• The rap singing/ occasional lip syncing really preserved her voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                  I honestly find it shocking that anyone can enjoy Christina screaming. It's cringe-worthy. She is a great singer when she doesn't try to shout, and she once had vocal ability to pull off higher notes. But she should stick to where she shines and stop the agony. She has a very recognizable tone and is really great when she is not straining or over ad-libing.

This is at least a million times better than that Grammy performance.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                    The rap singing/ occasional lip syncing really preserved her voice.
                    She also has on of the best techniques in the game. She knows better than to damage those vocal chords.
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Aaliyah and Britney created snakes.
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

She also has on of the best techniques in the game. She knows better than to damage those vocal chords.
                        I wonder will the Adele song with she and bey be upbeat or a ballad. Because I want voooooocals

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

I wonder will the Adele song with she and bey be upbeat or a ballad. Because I want voooooocals
                          I want Partition Part II. It's time for Adele to come over to the dark side. We need to see that snatched body in lingeries, make that stupid ex-husband cry girl

I hope it's something like RITD, serving vocals but still upbeat
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• aRatchet, did this make news in your hole?

The next week, Gold Digger broke the digital sales record and unseated GOAT at #1 after 14 weeks.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                              aRatchet, did this make news in your hole?

The next week, Gold Digger broke the digital sales record and unseated GOAT at #1 after 14 weeks.
                              I think yes. I def remember this. Back when he was hawt phew.
                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

This performance is a tribute. Do you even know who James Brown was? If not, watch any of his performances and see how he sings.

James Brown did not sing like that, love...

PS: And don't get me wrong, in general I am a Christina fan too
                                Last edited by jio; Fri January 22, 2021, 16:19.
                                jio CHARTS NOW: 30/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10571206

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

I completely agree

Comment

• Not Sabrina also firing back at Olive.

Maybe "blonde" was the only rhyme
                                    The only rhyme

But you been tellin' your side
                                    So I'll be telling mine

You can try
                                    To get under my, under my, under my skin
                                    While hе's on mine

Don't drive yourself insane
                                    It won't always be this way

The juiciness is over the top. I'm living for all of teeny drama tbh

Maybe I have some youth left in me still. Poor stevyy
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Skin is sucha bop, phew.

Skin > Lie Lie Lie >>> Drivers License

98 - OUT

Comment

• Although there are some decent versions out there of America The Beautiful, God Bless America and The Star Spangled Banner... Mariah, Whitney, Gaga, Celine come to mind... I don't like any of these songs... at all...

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

PS: And don't get me wrong, in general I am a Christina fan too
                                          It's probably clear that they are not singing the same. Do you know what tribute is? It was an acclaimed performance. And surely, not everyone might like it, but it's the third-best ever Grammy performance.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                            Skin is sucha bop, phew.

Skin > Lie Lie Lie >>> Drivers License

lmaoo it's almost the opposite for me

DL >>> the other two, even though Skin(ny) is growing on me
                                            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Not Sabrina also firing back at Olive.

The only rhyme

So I'll be telling mine

You can try
                                              While hе's on mine

And another young star that's influenced by Legend X.
                                              Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Not Sabrina also firing back at Olive.

The only rhyme

So I'll be telling mine

You can try
                                                While hе's on mine

What kind of 8th grade Nickelodeon beef is this?

Comment

• This is how it’s done, chillren.

Comment

• Or this

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X