Clear All

• beredy
    replied
    FINE LINE Survivor has started!

Click here to join Round 1!

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Currently strihming the new The Weeknd album. Thanx for saving my day daddy.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Their opening sales may end up lower because of the current state of society, but that doesn't harm their chance to end up as hits when all is said and done. There are albums whose opening sales make up 10% or even less of their total. I wouldn't buy either of those two now: Dua Lipa's album because there is a high chance that there will be a re-release and the Weeknd's because I don't know whether I'll like the album after having only heard 'Blinding Lights' thus far. I'll decide in a few months...

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ and both have huge hits. They will both do well.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    I am so glad my faves Dua and Weeknd and still releasing their albums despite the high possibility of their releases going under the radar and underperforming. We need good music to distract us more than ever
    How will they go under the radar when no one else is releasing anything? This may be the best time to release new music.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I am so glad my faves Dua and Weeknd and still releasing their albums despite the high possibility of their releases going under the radar and underperforming. We need good music to distract us more than ever

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Some artists already delaying their releases, already three of "my" concert got cancelled and now they also cancelled this years ESC. Thank god there's some good music out right now, makes up for all those delays/cancellations.
    Why though? Do they think we don't listen to music while corona is spreading???

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    So Dua just reposted a tweet from a user named "JLO CAN'T SING":

Hejira Goldmoney stevyy do yall stan now? ​​​​​​​
    I endorse it.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    So Dua just reposted a tweet from a user named "JLO CAN'T SING":

Hejira Goldmoney stevyy do yall stan now? ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Well

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

That video is fire. One of the most important works of the late 90s

The video is so corny, I love it. I just watched it again. The girls in crop tops just happening to stop by at once for a drive to the soda shop. The soda shop where they are all drinking water. The cute but aloof clean-cut skateboarding guy. Matching VW bugs. ALL PERFECTION.
    Candy is as ghey as pop gets.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Some artists already delaying their releases, already three of "my" concert got cancelled and now they also cancelled this years ESC. Thank god there's some good music out right now, makes up for all those delays/cancellations.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

The video is so corny, I love it. I just watched it again. The girls in crop tops just happening to stop by at once for a drive to the soda shop. The soda shop where they are all drinking water. The cute but aloof clean-cut skateboarding guy. Matching VW bugs. ALL PERFECTION.
    ... And what about the over the top exaggerated and ridiculous facial expressions and gestures , the abysmal choreography and the whole (failed) trying to be sexy and showing sex appeal thing with basically no tits, no ass, and by simply being an awkward skinny white woman (almost anorexic looking) in her puberty ...

The entire music video is a massive cringe (nearly traumatic)

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchum View Post
    I miss urban/rnb section
    same

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Some people praise "Candy" a lot but it was SOOO Max Martin wannabe meets I want to be Britney so bad that it hurts and it's cringy as f*ck and the music video is just painful to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    I miss urban/rnb section

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    I hate all her popstar era songs TBH. Just horrid.
    Totally agree ... And it has nothing to do with her trying to be a popstar because there's nothing wrong with being one ... It's just that her songs in particular were just horrible.

Her only half-decent, quite cute song from that period was "I Wanna Be With You" .. But d*mn still she was so bad. Some people praise "Candy" a lot but it was SOOO Max Martin wannabe meets I want to be Britney so bad that it hurts and it's cringy as f*ck and the music video is just painful to watch.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue March 17, 2020, 00:43.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    I hate all her popstar era songs TBH. Just horrid.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    @MrLeonix: The song's definitely got a hectic atmosphere, which you've got to like. Other then that, it's of course a matter of taste...
    Nope, I hate that song. . . But yeah, matter of taste of course.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    @MrLeonix: The song's definitely got a hectic atmosphere, which you've got to like. Other then that, it's of course a matter of taste...

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    Vanessa Amorosi is soooooooooooooooooooooooo very underrated. I love her.
    True. Shame she was not voted to represent Australia this year at Eurovision.

I discovered her watching the Olympics where she sang Heroes Live Forever. Such a stunning song.

Glad she came back recently with Hello Me. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

We Dutch always discover new artists first. Whitney Houston (All At Once), Gloria Estefan (Dr. Beat), Mariah Carey (Vision Of Love), Janet Jackson (What Have You Done For Me Lately), Celine Dion (Where Does My Heart Beat Now)... we embraced them right from the start. Some of them long before other countries did.
    That is great. My country is always LAST.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Vanessa Amorosi is soooooooooooooooooooooooo very underrated. I love her.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    Ava has more than one song?
    We Dutch always discover new artists first. Whitney Houston (All At Once), Gloria Estefan (Dr. Beat), Mariah Carey (Vision Of Love), Janet Jackson (What Have You Done For Me Lately), Celine Dion (Where Does My Heart Beat Now)... we embraced them right from the start. Some of them long before other countries did.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    You may want to check out Mandy Moore's 'In My Pocket'. It flopped back then, so should hardly be known on here, but it's like an oriental remix of 'State of Mind'.
    That song is horrible as f*ck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X