• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    https://trends.google.de/trends/expl...,%2Fm%2F01cpyy

Damn Miss Corona is murdering the pop gerls on the charts

Last edited by aRat; Sat March 14, 2020, 00:29.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

At least it gave us this iconic gif

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Hejira a bird twittered to me that Mandy Moo is bombing. Why?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    The One Direction Pop Boys on my alltime LastFM Top Artists Chart:

#23 - 4,515 - Zayn
    #35 - 3,191 - Niall Horan
    #84 - 1,476 - Harry Styles
    #187 - 530 - Liam Payne
    #208 - 467 - Louis Tomlinson

<3

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Will the Coronavirus have an effect on the music?

Tours are cancelled, maybe streaming numbers rise (people staying at home = having more time to listen to music) but physical sales will probably drop even more. What do you think?
    Corona's "Rhythm of the night" is showing really impressive numbers.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    People still bought albums the week of 9/11.

Except Glitter which Kween still maintains is the reason why it flopped.
    116,000 people did go out and bought it in the first week in the USA. It also gave us the #1 singles Loverboy (4 weeks) and Never Too Far / Hero (Medley) <3 kween. If that was a flop then what is Artpop?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

all major world events happened during the physical era. (The longest war in modern history, the cold war happened during the Beatles era and Thriller and look how they turned out...)
    Girl you didn't have country-wide quarantines and lockdowns during these events.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

At least it gave us this iconic gif

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Yeah that's true but my point is that they'll survive somehow. If this virus had happened during the era where physical CDs reigned then things would look really bleak for artists.
    all major world events happened during the physical era. (The longest war in modern history, the cold war happened during the Beatles era and Thriller and look how they turned out...)

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yeah but only hits .... she won’t likely be able to tour, promote and do the cool stuff of a proper era.

Streaming alone doesn’t make much money either, so artists will suffer economic consequences in the next few months as they’re used to earn millions of dollars through ticket sales.
    Yeah that's true but my point is that they'll survive somehow. If this virus had happened during the era where physical CDs reigned then things would look really bleak for artists.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Thankfully streaming and airplay is all you need to score hits these days so my fave will not be affected since she excells at both of these
    Yeah but only hits .... she won’t likely be able to tour, promote and do the cool stuff of a proper era.

Streaming alone doesn’t make much money either, so artists will suffer economic consequences in the next few months as they’re used to earn millions of dollars through ticket sales.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

This is IMO the worst time to release new music and pull an era ..... streaming numbers will likely rise but other than that artists will struggle to tour and promote, also if things don’t get better in a few months upcoming music award shows that artists use as promotion like the BBMAs or VMAs may be affected too.

Honestly, I hope Beyoncé doesn’t launch a new era now, and Rihanna shouldn’t release anything right now she hasn’t waited 4 years for screwing her era in the mid of the Corona virus mess.
    Thankfully streaming and airplay is all you need to score hits these days so my fave will not be affected since she excells at both of these

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Agreed. The video of all German No. 1 singles of 2019 is basically a collection of embarassments.

MrLeonix : I wouldn't suggest either of them to launch eras at the moment, but yeah, the state of the music industry would be even direr than it already is that way. I'm not scared of buying a CD (yet), the thing is that there's nothing interesting out there or up for a soon release. I'm thinking about Sarah Connor's smash album perhaps... Dua Lipa's record will only have 11 tracks, so I'm not going to spend money on that one as there's going to be a re-release one way or another.
    uh, girl, 2020 has been dry as fark. I agree. Niall's is the first great release in MONTHS. Alanis will be the next one.

My favs really did go in quarantine this year so far.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Oh, I forgot about the promo. Yeah, that‘s probably the worst part for artists, they can‘t do their promo. iirc Niall already had to cancel some stuff for his new album.

Dua and Lady Gaga are two bigger names that are already affected with upcoming albums.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    You're right. Though as a chart enthusiast, it will be a pity to have a look at charts and sales at that time, even though they, of course are not a priority at the moment. But basically, Japan dealt with this before when Fukushima was a big thing. If I remember correctly, the No. 1 album only sold a few thousand copies that week.
    Albums sales through ticket bundles may be affected too if concerts keep getting cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    You're right. Though as a chart enthusiast, it will be a pity to have a look at charts and sales at that time, even though they, of course are not a priority at the moment. But basically, Japan dealt with this before when Fukushima was a big thing. If I remember correctly, the No. 1 album only sold a few thousand copies that week.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Agreed. The video of all German No. 1 singles of 2019 is basically a collection of embarassments.

MrLeonix : I wouldn't suggest either of them to launch eras at the moment, but yeah, the state of the music industry would be even direr than it already is that way. I'm not scared of buying a CD (yet), the thing is that there's nothing interesting out there or up for a soon release. I'm thinking about Sarah Connor's smash album perhaps... Dua Lipa's record will only have 11 tracks, so I'm not going to spend money on that one as there's going to be a re-release one way or another.
    It’s simply not the right time to release anything, a bunch of artists are already starting to cancel concerts and in some occasions it’s not because they want but because governments are basically forcing them yo do so.

and the film industry isn’t doing much better, dozens of movies that were due to premiere this and next month were already postponed.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    The German singles chart is the worst in the world right now...

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Will the Coronavirus have an effect on the music?

Tours are cancelled, maybe streaming numbers rise (people staying at home = having more time to listen to music) but physical sales will probably drop even more. What do you think?
    This is IMO the worst time to release new music and pull an era ..... streaming numbers will likely rise but other than that artists will struggle to tour and promote, also if things don’t get better in a few months upcoming music award shows that artists use as promotion like the BBMAs or VMAs may be affected too.

Honestly, I hope Beyoncé doesn’t launch a new era now, and Rihanna shouldn’t release anything right now she hasn’t waited 4 years for screwing her era in the mid of the Corona virus mess.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri March 13, 2020, 19:36.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Current german rappers are the most cringy and second hand embarrassment inducing creatures I have ever seen. Such things can only have success here coz no other nation would let them happen.
    Remember when good rap songs topped your hole?

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Why do I feel like this is also Herpa shade

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Current german rappers are the most cringy and second hand embarrassment inducing creatures I have ever seen. Such things can only have success here coz no other nation would let them happen.
    They are so successful bc our new generation of teens is the offspring of AfD-voters... with no perspectives... no education... and a low IQ. My thesis is that 99% of all people who are willingly listenting to a Capital Bra song, cannot even speak proper German.

The German singles chart is the worst in the world right now...

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Tansike Physical sales already dead boo
    Why do I feel like this is also Herpa shade

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Tansike Physical sales already dead boo

Leave a comment:

Working...