X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hejira
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Can we remember this is the pop talk thread, therefore music discussion only.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Can we remember this is the pop talk thread, therefore music discussion only.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

it's more iconic than the original tbh
    Their portrayal of Feminem isn’t too far off from the real thing tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Tea. The only good thing about the Eminem movie is Lose Yosef.
    His first top 10 (and one of a very small handful) on the black airplay chart.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Tea. The only good thing about the Eminem movie is Lose Yosef.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    This scene is so stupid and iconik that many people in the hood actually think this happened in the original.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    This scene is so stupid and iconik that many people in the hood actually think this happened in the original.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I totally get your point. Very few artists can stay on top forever (In Europe, that's at least easier than in America.), but at least you hope that after a few good years, you decrease in stardom mildly (e.g. as was the case with Kylie Minogue). Going from 100 to 0 is always very harsh and yeah, it does happen from time to time. The UK sometimes treats female artists after a big first era that way (e.g. Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis, Emeli Sandé, Pixie Lott, Jessie J).
    In case of Katy Perry, I think there was never big interest in her as an artist to begin with. People loved her sound produced by Dr Luke and once she changed the producer, the music hasn't connected with the public anymore. The short hair of the 'Witness' era didn't help either.
    I think more are should start spending more time in south America with promo tbh. They seem to be very loyal. Just look at shakira & daddy yankee . They're just as big as the new kids still.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

.. And I like it that way

... some people think that just because Gaga collaborated with Beyoncé on (the dreadful overproduced) "Telephone" the Bey fans have to be kissing Gaga's ass or something .... When the reality is that the Bey fans owe nothing to Gaga and their fans and don't have to like that woman if they don't want to.
    I actually like Gaga. Her fans on Twitter & Atrl have become very racist towards beyonce & her family over the past few years. If you're active on either, then you know I'm telling the truth

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

But I'll spill tea no matter who it is
    .. And I like it that way

... some people think that just because Gaga collaborated with Beyoncé on (the dreadful overproduced) "Telephone" the Bey fans have to be kissing Gaga's ass or something .... When the reality is that the Bey fans owe nothing to Gaga and their fans and don't have to like that woman if they don't want to.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

That's not true at all ... He doesn't hate Britney. .... Right Aaronsmithjune1?
    I love Rihanna, Drake and of course the XO singer. But I'll spill tea no matter who it is

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    cheapthrill playing troubleshooter, it’s so kute.

But anyway, how did something with all this chocolate sauce reach #5 in your hole, aRatchet? #1 in Hejira‘s too! 1:53 is literally the most chocolate thing you’ll ever hear.
    This song is harmony galore. We don't get this anymore, especially from male vocals. Male pop stars are so idiotically boring these days, no vocal power unless a helium balloon is supposed to sound good these days.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Oop.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post

You are so incredibly annoying with your hate on every artist that isn't Beyonce. On every damn page. You should learn the difference between facts and opinions.
    That's not true at all ... He doesn't hate Britney. .... Right Aaronsmithjune1?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    cheapthrill playing troubleshooter, it’s so kute.

But anyway, how did something with all this chocolate sauce reach #5 in your hole, aRatchet? #1 in Hejira‘s too! 1:53 is literally the most chocolate thing you’ll ever hear.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    You are so incredibly annoying with your hate on every artist that isn't Beyonce.
    Literally not true, but we can't expect truth from you.
    You could have ended that post after the first five words and I still would have thumb-upped you immediately.
    I suggest you take a break from the thread if you feel the need to say things like this.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

The way him and Katy fell from the top in a matter of years in unheard of. Their peaks made you believe they were gonna be future icons

50 cent 2003 - 2009
    Katy Perry 2008 - 2015
    I totally get your point. Very few artists can stay on top forever (In Europe, that's at least easier than in America.), but at least you hope that after a few good years, you decrease in stardom mildly (e.g. as was the case with Kylie Minogue). Going from 100 to 0 is always very harsh and yeah, it does happen from time to time. The UK sometimes treats female artists after a big first era that way (e.g. Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis, Emeli Sandé, Pixie Lott, Jessie J).
    In case of Katy Perry, I think there was never big interest in her as an artist to begin with. People loved her sound produced by Dr Luke and once she changed the producer, the music hasn't connected with the public anymore. The short hair of the 'Witness' era didn't help either.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

You are so incredibly annoying with your hate on every artist that isn't Beyonce. On every damn page. You should learn the difference between facts and opinions.
    You could have ended that post after the first five words and I still would have thumb-upped you immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Literally not true, but we can't expect truth from you. Only thing I mostly say that if a song is forgotten or not, and also acknowledges Beyoncé forgotten songs too
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Tue March 10, 2020, 17:39.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied
    The Gaga stans really thought sis was safe after Asib.It's only downhill from here on out.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    I wouldn't call top 5 debuts in US & UK no success.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    The Gaga stans really thought sis was safe after Asib.It's only downhill from here on out.
    Bradley Cooper is not around .. So no success

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    The best song of the 2000s decade, but y'all not ready for that conversation

I blame her for it being so forgagatten. She paid it dust since it premiered. Youtube views are ok but spotify? Bye

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

We did it, pop won
    More importantly good pop won.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    DSN is #3 this week in the US spiritboy beredy Loose KEY9481 LOVE+FEAR
    We did it, pop won