Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

I have exactly the same feeling about Beyoncé.
    Lol. Beys voice definitely got darker for the better. While she probably lost a few notes like anyone, especially carrying twins. I def prefer he voice now over 2006 voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Lol. Beys voice definitely got darker for the better. While she probably lost a few notes like anyone, especially carrying twins. I def prefer he voice now over 2006 voice.
      Exactly, it depends on your preferences. You don't like Xtina's version of Ave Maria, I think this performance is one of her best ever.
      Xtina and Beyonce are some of the best singers ever. It is normal that not everyone will like every performance. Others prefer Mariah's vocal type, others Whitney, others Celine - but they're all phenomenal anyway.
      Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• I can agree to disagree of what you prefer but if you watch Bey's Ave Maria version from 2018 and come to this conclusion

I think trying to sing outside her range and having kids kinda damaged her voice. But I don't think it's beyond repair.
        you're not being reasonable behind the stan goggles Her voice tone changed with age and pregnancies but no damage and loss of range in sight. There are only a few examples of a list celebrities that were able to preserve their voice and vocal prime as long as she did with that range. Celine and Aretha Franklin are probably the only other that comes to my mind. Her range was always greater to begin with, so I dont see how the first part applies anyway. Show me one vid where she is losing control The latter part is what's often critized about XTina, e.g. the last 10 pages everytime she is brought up. She has it in her but she is by no means as consitent because she is often pushing it too far. That said I don't think her voice changed too much over time though, she's had bad years (Lotus era) but she bounced back.
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

This, she just didn't give a damn. I remember hearing that she went to some fashion show in Europe and bared both her breasts for a full minute. Europe didn't give a damn and this was back in like 92 or something. The way America couldn't handle a nipple in 2003
          She showed her nipple right in front of me in Istanbul show and that was a moment.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Nipple Gate was so blown out of proportion by American Media it's really disgusting
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Madonna never really flopped outside of american life and her recent albums that was released in her 50s and clearly wasn't gonna be huge due to age
              Erotica was a huge flop back in the day, it is easy to say what you say now, unless you witnessed that era you have no idea about it.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• While i love me some Christina (i love Stripped, B2B and Bionic albums a lot), i will always take Beyoncé over her. This doesn't mean Xtina is bad, just that i love Beyoncé's singing technique more.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                  I can agree to disagree of what you prefer but if you watch Bey's Ave Maria version from 2018 and come to this conclusion

you're not being reasonable behind the stan goggles Her voice tone changed with age and pregnancies but no damage and loss of range in sight. There are only a few examples of a list celebrities that were able to preserve their voice and vocal prime as long as she did with that range. Celine and Aretha Franklin are probably the only other that comes to my mind. Her range was always greater to begin with, so I dont see how the first part applies anyway. Show me one vid where she is losing control The latter part is what's often critized about XTina, e.g. the last 10 pages everytime she is brought up. She has it in her but she is by no means as consitent because she is often pushing it too far. That said I don't think her voice changed too much over time though, she's had bad years (Lotus era) but she bounced back.
                  This song had her against the ropes even while not moving and the song being shorted .

Comment

This song had her against the ropes even while not moving and the song being shorted .

It had great moments but it was moment the song was getting away from her too

Comment

• I always feel like Jessie J is criminally underrated because of her relatively short career but that girl can siiing

Last edited by BeeBoy; Mon January 25, 2021, 14:23.
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I always feel like Jessie J is criminally underrated because of her relatively short career but that girl can siiing

Tori kelly too

Now why ain't nobody tell me celine dion got almost 30 studio album.

Comment

Who?
                          No need for you to know her. Just be happy Katy Perry was inspired by Debbie Gibson.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Christina Aguilera is an amazing singer, but although she can easily outsing Beyonce, it's a bit too much sometimes.
                            However, I do prefer Xtina over Beyonce on most days.

Christina has many great songs in her discography. Shame there are also lots of songs I always skip.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                              she can easily outsing Beyonce

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• BeeBoy Lol

Moving On

The don't make men this sexy anymore. I suggest y'all get into his material

​​​​​

Comment

As a dusty diva stan he prolly thinks screaming and singing are the same
                                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Christina Aguilera is an amazing singer, but although she can easily outsing Beyonce, it's a bit too much sometimes.
                                    However, I do prefer Xtina over Beyonce on most days.

Christina has many great songs in her discography. Shame there are also lots of songs I always skip.
                                    Which? Just don't write that you don't like some of the Stripped-B2B-Libby songs.
                                    I understand if you skip the entire Lotus because... well.

I noticed that every big singer has at least one tragic album. (and has at least 5 studio albums)

btw, Mi Reflejo> Bionic
                                    Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

I always feel like Jessie J is criminally underrated because of her relatively short career but that girl can siiing

Her tone is kinda disgusting to me though. Even when she isn't screaming and screeching it always seems like she is to me
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Rosalia>Dula

*in everything

Rosalia is the best artist of the 2010s (and 2020s) yep, yep.

Comment

• aRat you see the zaddy I posted

Comment

• The way Britney & Beyonce managed to stay relevant all these years and sell between 190m-210m records really got certain groups mad. now coming for dua?

Comment

• Congratulations to them.
                                              Bieber, Pitbull and Lil Wayne also sold a lot of records. So you'll agree if everyone is in the same league.

Comment

• I know iTunes sales don't mean much, but #3 right now is this MAGA rap anthem called The Patriot that I refuse to link to, but it's probably redundant to say how utter garbage it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Which? Just don't write that you don't like some of the Stripped-B2B-Libby songs.
                                                  I understand if you skip the entire Lotus because... well.

I noticed that every big singer has at least one tragic album. (and has at least 5 studio albums)

btw, Mi Reflejo> Bionic

My favorite Christina songs (in no particular order):

Army of Me
                                                  Genie in a bottle
                                                  Come on over baby
                                                  Candyman
                                                  Hurt
                                                  Walk Away
                                                  Impossible
                                                  Infatuation
                                                  Not myself tonight
                                                  Your body
                                                  Makes me wanna pray
                                                  Nasty Naughty Boy
                                                  I Am
                                                  Monday Morning
                                                  You Lost Me
                                                  Blank Page
                                                  Let there be love
                                                  Lady Marmelade
                                                  Change
                                                  Nobody wants to be lonely (with Ricky M.)

One of my least favorite:
                                                  Woohoo

I have bought most of her cd's (except for the last one).

Comment

My favorite Christina songs (in no particular order):

Army of Me
                                                    Genie in a bottle
                                                    Come on over baby
                                                    Candyman
                                                    Hurt
                                                    Walk Away
                                                    Impossible
                                                    Infatuation
                                                    Not myself tonight
                                                    Your body
                                                    Makes me wanna pray
                                                    Nasty Naughty Boy
                                                    I Am
                                                    Monday Morning
                                                    You Lost Me
                                                    Blank Page
                                                    Let there be love
                                                    Lady Marmelade
                                                    Change
                                                    Nobody wants to be lonely (with Ricky M.)

One of my least favorite:
                                                    Woohoo

I have bought most of her cd's (except for the last one).
                                                    Hurt is my favorite single by X.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X