Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The top 15 hit that got away, a crime against music that this was not pushed as a single the week before the album was released.

    Cry about it Later

    Comment


    • ^This reminded me of the fact that Break the Ice by Britknee should've been bigger than it was, too.
      Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

      Comment


      • ^ I always found BTI slightly overrated tbh.

        Comment


        • I really like this male cover of WBT on the guitar.

          Comment


          • My favorite current singer: great looks, smooth voice, fun songs. His latest was released today:

            My Instagram... - Click here

            Comment


            • This song randomly played on my spotify today after a Zayn song. Love it. Does anyone know what language this is ? Indonesian ?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                But you have been using this narrative for years... as if adele released her music during the sales peak. I also asked for consumption sales. U make all these claims and yet when you are put on the spot, you resort to innuendo.
                No I didn't. I always use frih strihms and Dua has outstrihmed Adull, babygorl
                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                  No I didn't. I always use frih strihms and Dua has outstrihmed Adull, babygorl
                  deine platte hakt.
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                    No I didn't. I always use frih strihms and Dua has outstrihmed Adull, babygorl
                    it's not all about streaming, Adele is one of the few artists around that has the full demographic.

                    Don't see how, when Adele has sold over 63 million albums, and well 70 million singles!
                    Last edited by Rolling; Sat January 30, 2021, 01:57.

                    Comment


                    • anyway, adele's next era will decimate all existing streaming records. The way her previous 2 albums were doing, I could see her new album debuting with 300-400 million streams in the first week (on Spotify alone).
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • NAh she willnever be as big on streaming as she is in physicals. The latter format is dead so she will definnitely underperform if you just compare it by numbers. A totally different market than when she last had an album out. SHe will do great but I can already see the essays to why she isn't doing 1m first week.
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                          No I didn't. I always use frih strihms and Dua has outstrihmed Adull, babygorl
                          Those free streams really skew stuff tbh. I mean I listen to Levitating at least five times a day solely cos it is on THH, if it wasnt there theres no way I would seek it out. I am sure it is the same for millions of others. They arent sales really. Its like hearing something on the radio/ And i havent bought music in years, I just feel what i do is listen not purchase.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                            NAh she willnever be as big on streaming as she is in physicals. The latter format is dead so she will definnitely underperform if you just compare it by numbers. A totally different market than when she last had an album out. SHe will do great but I can already see the essays to why she isn't doing 1m first week.
                            North Korea threads.

                            Is Adele over ?
                            Adele underperforming. Why ?
                            Adele drops 40 percent from last albums first week. What happened ?
                            I was told Adele would never flop. OOPS.
                            Can Adele recover ?
                            Is Gaga more global than Adele ?
                            Folklore outsold Adele. Why ?

                            Etc

                            Comment




                            • Beyonce going viral for chatting with her fans
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                              Comment


                              • The fact that anyone thinks that is actually Beyonce talking to them.
                                Can i borrow your credit card ?

                                Comment


                                • So SyCo record company doesn't exist anymore, the doors was closed last year and artists on that label have moved over to other labels under Sony.

                                  No more crap music from Simon!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                    NAh she willnever be as big on streaming as she is in physicals. The latter format is dead so she will definnitely underperform if you just compare it by numbers. A totally different market than when she last had an album out. SHe will do great but I can already see the essays to why she isn't doing 1m first week.
                                    You do know that she appeals to older demographics who do buy physical albums, don't you? Think of Santiano, Andrea Berg, Helene Fischer or Sarah Connor! They all still sell huge amounts of physical albums.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                      You do know that she appeals to older demographics who do buy physical albums, don't you? Think of Santiano, Andrea Berg, Helene Fischer or Sarah Connor! They all still sell huge amounts of physical albums.
                                      Yes that's why I said she will never be as big in streaming as she is on physicals still it's delusional to think her numbers could be close to 2015. Her hype was bigger then and the physical market double the size probably. She will most likely still shit on everybody else but expecting this to move anything close to the amount of copies as 25 especially in the first few weeks is delusional.

                                      I can't wait it will be really interesting once she releases. I also think she might change her sound quite a bit so that will have an effect too
                                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                      Comment


                                      • I would happy if she came close to '21' to '25' successwise again, but I don't expect it. On the other hand, there are many artists who are actually able to have one huge album after another (Helene Fischer, Pablo Alboran, Rasmus Seebach, Six 60), so let's wait and see how it'll turn out.

                                        Comment


                                        • Maybe you shouldn't compare local acts to a WW superstar who has the best selling album of the 21st century

                                          It's a totaly different scenario of you only cater to one or two markets.

                                          Also I'm not saying it's not going to be huge. I think it will compared to everybody else just not comparable to her last two albums.
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                          Comment


                                          • If she'll manage to sell 10m copies of her album, i would call it a great success.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

                                              Yes that's why I said she will never be as big in streaming as she is on physicals still it's delusional to think her numbers could be close to 2015. Her hype was bigger then and the physical market double the size probably. She will most likely still shit on everybody else but expecting this to move anything close to the amount of copies as 25 especially in the first few weeks is delusional.

                                              I can't wait it will be really interesting once she releases. I also think she might change her sound quite a bit so that will have an effect too
                                              But no one has said it's going to sell like 25, no one!

                                              Everyone knows it won't, but it definitely will sell more than any other artists album because the interest is still there.

                                              The fab base that does claim to sell loads with her next album are the hive, they said it about the Flop Lion king album, said it would be the biggest album of the year and win every music award it was nominated for.

                                              So what happened? Can't say it wasn't promoted when the movie was that big!

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                If she'll manage to sell 10m copies of her album, i would call it a great success.
                                                Yes that's what I'm thinking. 10-15m WW would already be a great success. She was on a different level with 10m+in the US alone in no time. People would just need to adjust. I can already see the essays how 15m WW is a flop.
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Rolling View Post
                                                  But no one has said it's going to sell like 25, no one!

                                                  Everyone knows it won't, but it definitely will sell more than any other artists album because the interest is still there.

                                                  The fab base that does claim to sell loads with her next album are the hive, they said it about the Flop Lion king album, said it would be the biggest album of the year and win every music award it was nominated for.

                                                  So what happened? Can't say it wasn't promoted when the movie was that big!
                                                  Girl keep your little stan goggles and hate in the drawer. You're obsessed to be honest, when nobody mentioned that she is a flop your fave would drag you. I hope the rumors are true and your worst nightmare collab happens

                                                  I'm just talking numbers with her and not shading. There will be plenty of people who expect 25 numbers and will write essays about just wait. I can't wait for the album. And as I've stated multiple times on this page, I think it will be a success either way! Bye
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Lets talk why that Bey album went flipflop.

                                                    No one really liked the idea she was in that movie to start with apart from her fans.
                                                    The vast amount of people went because of the original, not because she was in it.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X