X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    First year nominee. Good luck on J.No making the cut.
    Good luck to Maria to finally get over her obsession and unprovoked seething everytime J gLObal's name gets mentioned

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

but wow, what a f moment

Released 23 years ago, it sounds like music from 3098

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The fact that you have to compare a fifth album to a ninth album says so much lmfao.

Let’s see....

In the Zone:

#1, 8th best-selling album of 2003 worldwide, 3rd best-selling female album of 2004 in the US, at least 7 million copies sold worldwide, over 600k copies sold in its first week in the US alone, certified 2x Platinum, spawned the Grammy-winning, legendary classic "Toxic" which peaked at #9 and the Top 20 hit "Everytime", all singles were successful globally. Green on Metacritic.

Witness:

Debuted at #1 and left the Top 10 after one week, sold 311,000 copies in the US as of 2020, probably had her last real hit with "Chained to the Rhythm", maybe sold 900k units worldwide. Yellow on Metacritic.

Blackout:

Outsold "Smile" in its first day of availability alone, debuted at #2 with 290k copies, certified Platinum, spawned the hit singles "Gimme More" (#3 in the US) and "Piece of Me" (#18 in the US, critically acclaimed masterpiece that is credited with influencing pop music the following years, dubbed the Bible of Pop.

Smile:

Clown nose, debuted at #5 with 50k units even though several alternate versions of the album were available, spent one whole month on the Billboard 200, certified paper, left several charts after one week, had to add "Never Really Over" to get some streams and so that it would look like the album had a hit, 3 Bubbling Under smash hits, not even gonna estimate worldwide sales because that would be embarrassing. Katy is rocking her favorite color yellow on Metacritic again.

Katy is probably not even gonna make it til album #9 and her career lasted 5 whole seconds, her music is universally panned and yet a Katy Pussy out of all people is trying to come for Britney AND Beyoncé? This is hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Explain the tragic mess post Dr Luke
    Never Really Over has 1.5 times as many streams as Britneys biggest song on Spotify. Witness singles have all been certified in the US and UK.
    NRO outpeaked Make me, Daisies outpeaked Slumber Party.

If that is all "tragic mess", your girl is in dire straights.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

J gLObal has her shook and permanently seething phew
    First year nominee. Good luck on J.No making the cut.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Tue February 23, 2021, 19:23.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Insert random producer/ demo girl and Thats Britneys entire career.

Katy was instrumental in the Dr Luke years. She brought a lot to the table.

She is a bonafide writer.

Explain the tragic mess post Dr Luke

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Well at this point in Kitty's career it's obvious Dr Luke was the mastermind behind her. Without him she reminds hitless and Grammyless
    Insert random producer/ demo girl and Thats Britneys entire career.

Katy was instrumental in the Dr Luke years. She brought a lot to the table.

She is a bonafide writer.

Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied

Katy doesn't shop around for tracks, she actually writes her own songs. She ain't Brit or Bey.
    Well at this point in Kitty's career it's obvious Dr Luke was the mastermind behind her. Without him she reminds hitless and Grammyless

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

I don't curr if that local girl writes her own stuff. The end result is still a complete uneventful bore to me.

Beyonce's stuff is vastly superior to Tayloo's even if she writes much less or not at all
    Well that's a completely seperate point and non pivotal to the songwriting discussion.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion on the quality of the material in question.

Bey for me splits right down the middle. She has some great stuff and also some utter trash. But then again that can be said for everyone except Katy.

She just serves qualitea..

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Who compared Run the World to Bohemian Rhapsody ?

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

You can hate or love Taylor but she actually writes her own stuff. She brings written things to her co writers who then work with her from her ideas. This is the opposite of what Beyonce does, in which ideas are brought to her, then she makes changes and adds on.

Taylor is a bonafide writer.

I don't curr if that local girl writes her own stuff. The end result is still a complete uneventful bore to me.

Beyonce's stuff is vastly superior to Tayloo's even if she writes much less or not at all

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

OMG I had never seen that before.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Gotta give it to her the gud sis makes good lullabies
    You can hate or love Taylor but she actually writes her own stuff. She brings written things to her co writers who then work with her from her ideas. This is the opposite of what Beyonce does, in which ideas are brought to her, then she makes changes and adds on.

Taylor is a bonafide writer.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    The hits keep on coming.

Last edited by aRat; Tue February 23, 2021, 18:03.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Writing a song is not just writing the lyrics. Taylor has written entire albums and songs ( lyrics and music ) completely on her own.
    Gotta give it to her the gud sis makes good lullabies

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied

I wonder why they didn't use this verse? Maybe it didn't fit their narrative? I wonder why it's not stated that half the writers come from the used sample?

I'm repping for the girls who taking over the world
    Help me raise a glass for the college grads
    41' Rollie to let you know what time it is, check
    You can't hold me (you can't hold me)
    I work my nine to five, better cut my check
    This goes out to all the women getting it in, you on your grind
    To all the men that respect what I do, please accept my shine
    Boy, you know you love it
    How we're smart enough to make these millions
    Strong enough to bear the children (children)
    Then get back to business
    See, you better not play me (me)

Plus one is a 6 minute long ballad while the other is a 3 minute uptempo to uplift girls it never made sense to compare.

I could randomly pick out:

Gallileo, Gallileo
    Gallileo, Gallileo
    Gallileo Figaro, magnifico
    I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
    He's just a poor boy from a poor family
    Spare him his life from this monstrosity
    Easy come easy go, will you let me go?
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go (let him go)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go (let him go)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go (let me go)
    Will not let you go (let me go)
    Never, never, never, never let me go
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    Oh, mama mia, mama mia
    Mama mia, let me go

Now Run The World looks like the lyrical masterpiece.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    ^ It was just playful back and forth with ASJ. Relax, however what I said is correct And you can look up the ASCAP/ ACE registry yourself if you want to.

Her songwriting contribution on Formation amounts to 12.5 percent.

Also , you seem to think songwriting is just "lyrics". It isnt. Songwriting credits includes lyrics and medley. Also music.

Also no one really thinks that Ariana / Selena/ Rihanna write anything lol. I think what hurt Bey a lot was that time she was removed from the writers list of that Oscar song or whatever.

Anyway I dont care what she does or doesnt write, its irrelevant to me. But you know perfectly well she does shop for tracks. I mean Victoria Beckham has a version of a song that ended up on her album and Ariana ended up recording REM which Bey has a demo of. And Sia spoke of being in writing camps for Bey where she was taking bits she liked adding subtracting etc etc. To me changing or adding on to the work of others is not bonafide writing. And thats is what my take on it is.

Also Whitney or Celine never claimed to be songwriter anyway.
    Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 17:58.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Love this tho

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Beyonce has an average of 2.5 - 5 percent contribution to her songs, according to the ASCAP directory, which tells the real story. Very occasionally she has a bit more.
    care to provide a source? ASCAP is the same company that awarded her songwriter of the year at 21. And as i stated there are multiple sources. I know she has a huge discography and she hasn't had contribution for lyrics to all her songs and in some cases minor but discreting her whole pen game because of that makes zero sense. And even if we put lyrics aside she is far more involved with production, vocal layering and harmonies. Plus she always has her vision, full creative control ever since Mathew stepped aside.

Main point still stands: There are numerous big names that never wrote a single word for any of their songs, just record demos and call it a day if even that yet people throw around Bs name.

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    or the comparison Bohemian Rhapsody vs. Run The World (Girls) didn't really do her a favor.
    which never made any sense because Bohemian rhapsody is avery complex song and they compared the chorus to verses. I can make every song look bad if I chose the chrous where the same line is repated to compare it to the most complex part of another song. It was basically just cherry picking Run The World when it's is much more complex song than most that was out in 2011

No one has to sit down and write a whole album by themselves. That's not what it's solely about. I've stated the big names on the top of my head that aren't involved in songwriting at all,neither in any musical development yet they still have their rightful place in the industry Everyone has their strength. For some it's the voice, others it's performing, dancing etc..I agree she is more singer and entertainer and visual artist. But she is very much involved in everything she puts out there and has rightfully contributed to many of her hit singles lyrically.

In the end: I was just saying it makes zero sense to call her name as someone that goes out shopiing for hit songs and puts them on album with a bunch of fillers.
    Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue February 23, 2021, 17:18.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Just googled her. Looks kind of Dua'd.
    Both talented, beautiful, ambitious, so you're right.
    Dua is the biggest girl in Europe in the 2020-21 season. Nathy x Rosalia x Kali take over the Latin market.
    Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Tue February 23, 2021, 17:06.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Writing a song is not just writing the lyrics. Taylor has written entire albums and songs ( lyrics and music ) completely on her own.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I would be here for Beyoncé pulling a Taylor Swift and actually writing most of an album's lyrics on her own. If she's so talented, she will be able to do so. I don't think that she's labelled herself a 'singer-songwriter' but more of a 'singer and entertainer', however I feel like people expect her songwriting to be part of her job's description. In that context, issues like Smash/Smack Into You or the comparison Bohemian Rhapsody vs. Run The World (Girls) didn't really do her a favor.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Beyonce has an average of 2.5 - 5 percent contribution to her songs, according to the ASCAP directory, which tells the real story. Very occasionally she has a bit more.

People coming out and saying things cannot be taken at face value. People were also claiming that Selena Gomez was instrumental in writing Rare, then the already written and sung demos started to leak months later.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I know it was meant as a quick lil shade but I love how that's always thrown around to shade Bey when she is more involved in song writing, creating harmonies and production confirmed by multiple sources than Rihanna, Britney, JLO, Whitney, Celine ever were yet no one mentiones them She has the second most number ones alone as a songwriter with 12 among females and y'all will have to deal. Just because she doesn't write songs solely on her own that end up on albums doesn't make her someone that "goes shopping", records them in the exact way the demos are and call it a day like most pop artists do

Leave a comment:

Working...
X