No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next big name will be Nathy Peluso. You will see.
    The potential Xtina x Rosalia collab will likely be a flop, but it will win Latin Grammy. My prediction.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Cool to know! There's been an advertisement for his album a couple of weeks ago on German TV, but the album didn't enter the chart, so they dropped it soon again.
      I don't know his music well, but apparently, he's somewhere in the country/rock/folk field and I would like him do well in the Netherlands .
      Danny Vera wrote a new song for André van Duin, who is one of the most iconic/famous comedians in the Netherlands. André changed the lyrics so now it's about his late huband. It's really touchy and this is another Danny Vera song I love, but he doesn't sing on it.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It still irks me how Taylor sings " If I was a man" instead of the correct " If i were a man" in The Man. So jarring.

Comment

• The greatest song ever!
          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
            The greatest song ever!
            I feel she was really inspired by Joga there. Joga is better of course but Stonemilker is pretty good too.

I didnt really vibe with that album that Earth intruders is on at all, Volta and never really listened much after that.
            Last edited by InFamous; Mon February 22, 2021, 23:34.

Comment

• This should have been a kitty song tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                Could we talk about male artists for a change?

Comment

• Crazy, Labels need to catch up and invest in the format a lot more.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Crazy, Labels need to catch up and invest in the format a lot more.
                    I'm not sure whether vinyls have reached the mainstream yet. Thus far, I'd say they're mostly popular when it comes to artists in the rock/alternative field or ones with a 'hipster' image (e.g. Billie Eilish). Not sure whether rap fans would buy vinyls.
                    Last edited by theMathematician; Tue February 23, 2021, 10:46.

Comment

• Well it's the biggest physical format not sure how that would not be mainstream physical sales are dead they only cater to collectors and fans anway. Everyone else is basically streaming. Kendrick's debut GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY was one of the best selling vinlys in 2020 for example.
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Why Kendrick Lamar's first album though when he had two more recent studio albums since?

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                          The next big name will be Nathy Peluso. You will see.
                          The potential Xtina x Rosalia collab will likely be a flop, but it will win Latin Grammy. My prediction.

Just googled her. Looks kind of Dua'd.
                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            It still irks me how Taylor sings " If I was a man" instead of the correct " If i were a man" in The Man. So jarring.
                            But but isn't writing her only talent?
                            BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• The hits keep on coming.

Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

But but isn't writing her only talent?
                                The fact that no one on her team realized that was wrong...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                  This should have been a kitty song tbh

Katy doesn't shop around for tracks, she actually writes her own songs. She ain't Brit or Bey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                    Well it's the biggest physical format not sure how that would not be mainstream physical sales are dead they only cater to collectors and fans anway. Everyone else is basically streaming. Kendrick's debut GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY was one of the best selling vinlys in 2020 for example.
                                    Exactly - the "mainstream" do not purchase music in any format anymore.
                                    I cannot believe that fans buy some much Vinyl.. most people don't even listen to them or open them.

OT - the plural of vinyl is also vinyl
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 14:03.

Comment

• I know it was meant as a quick lil shade but I love how that's always thrown around to shade Bey when she is more involved in song writing, creating harmonies and production confirmed by multiple sources than Rihanna, Britney, JLO, Whitney, Celine ever were yet no one mentiones them She has the second most number ones alone as a songwriter with 12 among females and y'all will have to deal. Just because she doesn't write songs solely on her own that end up on albums doesn't make her someone that "goes shopping", records them in the exact way the demos are and call it a day like most pop artists do

aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Beyonce has an average of 2.5 - 5 percent contribution to her songs, according to the ASCAP directory, which tells the real story. Very occasionally she has a bit more.

People coming out and saying things cannot be taken at face value. People were also claiming that Selena Gomez was instrumental in writing Rare, then the already written and sung demos started to leak months later.

Comment

• I would be here for Beyoncé pulling a Taylor Swift and actually writing most of an album's lyrics on her own. If she's so talented, she will be able to do so. I don't think that she's labelled herself a 'singer-songwriter' but more of a 'singer and entertainer', however I feel like people expect her songwriting to be part of her job's description. In that context, issues like Smash/Smack Into You or the comparison Bohemian Rhapsody vs. Run The World (Girls) didn't really do her a favor.

Comment

• Writing a song is not just writing the lyrics. Taylor has written entire albums and songs ( lyrics and music ) completely on her own.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Just googled her. Looks kind of Dua'd.
                                              Both talented, beautiful, ambitious, so you're right.
                                              Dua is the biggest girl in Europe in the 2020-21 season. Nathy x Rosalia x Kali take over the Latin market.
                                              Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Tue February 23, 2021, 15:06.
                                              Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                Beyonce has an average of 2.5 - 5 percent contribution to her songs, according to the ASCAP directory, which tells the real story. Very occasionally she has a bit more.
                                                care to provide a source? ASCAP is the same company that awarded her songwriter of the year at 21. And as i stated there are multiple sources. I know she has a huge discography and she hasn't had contribution for lyrics to all her songs and in some cases minor but discreting her whole pen game because of that makes zero sense. And even if we put lyrics aside she is far more involved with production, vocal layering and harmonies. Plus she always has her vision, full creative control ever since Mathew stepped aside.

Main point still stands: There are numerous big names that never wrote a single word for any of their songs, just record demos and call it a day if even that yet people throw around Bs name.

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                or the comparison Bohemian Rhapsody vs. Run The World (Girls) didn't really do her a favor.
                                                which never made any sense because Bohemian rhapsody is avery complex song and they compared the chorus to verses. I can make every song look bad if I chose the chrous where the same line is repated to compare it to the most complex part of another song. It was basically just cherry picking Run The World when it's is much more complex song than most that was out in 2011

No one has to sit down and write a whole album by themselves. That's not what it's solely about. I've stated the big names on the top of my head that aren't involved in songwriting at all,neither in any musical development yet they still have their rightful place in the industry Everyone has their strength. For some it's the voice, others it's performing, dancing etc..I agree she is more singer and entertainer and visual artist. But she is very much involved in everything she puts out there and has rightfully contributed to many of her hit singles lyrically.

In the end: I was just saying it makes zero sense to call her name as someone that goes out shopiing for hit songs and puts them on album with a bunch of fillers.
                                                Last edited by BeeBoy; Tue February 23, 2021, 15:18.
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Love this tho
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• ^ It was just playful back and forth with ASJ. Relax, however what I said is correct And you can look up the ASCAP/ ACE registry yourself if you want to.

Her songwriting contribution on Formation amounts to 12.5 percent.

Also , you seem to think songwriting is just "lyrics". It isnt. Songwriting credits includes lyrics and medley. Also music.

Also no one really thinks that Ariana / Selena/ Rihanna write anything lol. I think what hurt Bey a lot was that time she was removed from the writers list of that Oscar song or whatever.

Anyway I dont care what she does or doesnt write, its irrelevant to me. But you know perfectly well she does shop for tracks. I mean Victoria Beckham has a version of a song that ended up on her album and Ariana ended up recording REM which Bey has a demo of. And Sia spoke of being in writing camps for Bey where she was taking bits she liked adding subtracting etc etc. To me changing or adding on to the work of others is not bonafide writing. And thats is what my take on it is.

Also Whitney or Celine never claimed to be songwriter anyway.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 15:58.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X