No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why they didn't use this verse? Maybe it didn't fit their narrative? I wonder why it's not stated that half the writers come from the used sample?

I'm repping for the girls who taking over the world
    Help me raise a glass for the college grads
    41' Rollie to let you know what time it is, check
    You can't hold me (you can't hold me)
    I work my nine to five, better cut my check
    This goes out to all the women getting it in, you on your grind
    To all the men that respect what I do, please accept my shine
    Boy, you know you love it
    How we're smart enough to make these millions
    Strong enough to bear the children (children)
    Then get back to business
    See, you better not play me (me)

Plus one is a 6 minute long ballad while the other is a 3 minute uptempo to uplift girls it never made sense to compare.

I could randomly pick out:

Gallileo, Gallileo
    Gallileo, Gallileo
    Gallileo Figaro, magnifico
    I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
    He's just a poor boy from a poor family
    Spare him his life from this monstrosity
    Easy come easy go, will you let me go?
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go (let him go)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go (let him go)
    Bismillah! We will not let you go (let me go)
    Will not let you go (let me go)
    Never, never, never, never let me go
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    Oh, mama mia, mama mia
    Mama mia, let me go

Now Run The World looks like the lyrical masterpiece.
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Writing a song is not just writing the lyrics. Taylor has written entire albums and songs ( lyrics and music ) completely on her own.
      Gotta give it to her the gud sis makes good lullabies
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        The hits keep on coming.
        J gLObal has her shook and permanently seething phew

Last edited by aRat; Tue February 23, 2021, 16:03.
        98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Gotta give it to her the gud sis makes good lullabies
          You can hate or love Taylor but she actually writes her own stuff. She brings written things to her co writers who then work with her from her ideas. This is the opposite of what Beyonce does, in which ideas are brought to her, then she makes changes and adds on.

Taylor is a bonafide writer.

Comment

OMG I had never seen that before.

Comment

You can hate or love Taylor but she actually writes her own stuff. She brings written things to her co writers who then work with her from her ideas. This is the opposite of what Beyonce does, in which ideas are brought to her, then she makes changes and adds on.

Taylor is a bonafide writer.

I don't curr if that local girl writes her own stuff. The end result is still a complete uneventful bore to me.

Beyonce's stuff is vastly superior to Tayloo's even if she writes much less or not at all
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Who compared Run the World to Bohemian Rhapsody ?

Comment

I don't curr if that local girl writes her own stuff. The end result is still a complete uneventful bore to me.

Beyonce's stuff is vastly superior to Tayloo's even if she writes much less or not at all
                  Well that's a completely seperate point and non pivotal to the songwriting discussion.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion on the quality of the material in question.

Bey for me splits right down the middle. She has some great stuff and also some utter trash. But then again that can be said for everyone except Katy.

She just serves qualitea..

Comment

Katy doesn't shop around for tracks, she actually writes her own songs. She ain't Brit or Bey.
                    Well at this point in Kitty's career it's obvious Dr Luke was the mastermind behind her. Without him she reminds hitless and Grammyless

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Well at this point in Kitty's career it's obvious Dr Luke was the mastermind behind her. Without him she reminds hitless and Grammyless
                      Insert random producer/ demo girl and Thats Britneys entire career.

Katy was instrumental in the Dr Luke years. She brought a lot to the table.

She is a bonafide writer.

Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 16:34.

Comment

Insert random producer/ demo girl and Thats Britneys entire career.

Katy was instrumental in the Dr Luke years. She brought a lot to the table.

She is a bonafide writer.

Explain the tragic mess post Dr Luke

Comment

First year nominee. Good luck on J.No making the cut.
                          Last edited by Goldmoney; Tue February 23, 2021, 17:23.
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Explain the tragic mess post Dr Luke
                            Never Really Over has 1.5 times as many streams as Britneys biggest song on Spotify. Witness singles have all been certified in the US and UK.
                            NRO outpeaked Make me, Daisies outpeaked Slumber Party.

If that is all "tragic mess", your girl is in dire straights.

Comment

• The fact that you have to compare a fifth album to a ninth album says so much lmfao.

Let’s see....

In the Zone:

#1, 8th best-selling album of 2003 worldwide, 3rd best-selling female album of 2004 in the US, at least 7 million copies sold worldwide, over 600k copies sold in its first week in the US alone, certified 2x Platinum, spawned the Grammy-winning, legendary classic "Toxic" which peaked at #9 and the Top 20 hit "Everytime", all singles were successful globally. Green on Metacritic.

Witness:

Debuted at #1 and left the Top 10 after one week, sold 311,000 copies in the US as of 2020, probably had her last real hit with "Chained to the Rhythm", maybe sold 900k units worldwide. Yellow on Metacritic.

Blackout:

Outsold "Smile" in its first day of availability alone, debuted at #2 with 290k copies, certified Platinum, spawned the hit singles "Gimme More" (#3 in the US) and "Piece of Me" (#18 in the US, critically acclaimed masterpiece that is credited with influencing pop music the following years, dubbed the Bible of Pop.

Smile:

Clown nose, debuted at #5 with 50k units even though several alternate versions of the album were available, spent one whole month on the Billboard 200, certified paper, left several charts after one week, had to add "Never Really Over" to get some streams and so that it would look like the album had a hit, 3 Bubbling Under smash hits, not even gonna estimate worldwide sales because that would be embarrassing. Katy is rocking her favorite color yellow on Metacritic again.

Katy is probably not even gonna make it til album #9 and her career lasted 5 whole seconds, her music is universally panned and yet a Katy Pussy out of all people is trying to come for Britney AND Beyoncé? This is hilarious.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• but wow, what a f moment

Released 23 years ago, it sounds like music from 3098

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

First year nominee. Good luck on J.No making the cut.
                                    Good luck to Maria to finally get over her obsession and unprovoked seething everytime J gLObal's name gets mentioned
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

but wow, what a f moment

Released 23 years ago, it sounds like music from 3098

A moment most pleasing to me. Can't wait for Dua to serve psychedelic excellence like this in the future
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Yikes at that meltdown from the "off key in my chorus" ( and verse) fan
                                        Also anyone who follows charts and sales trends knows that comparing an album release in 2003 to an album release in 2020 makes absolutely zero sense.

Thank God Aaronsmithjune1 , the person I was actually talking to, has a sense of humour
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Tue February 23, 2021, 18:42.

Comment

A moment most pleasing to me. Can't wait for Dua to serve psychedelic excellence like this in the future
                                          Frozen - Birds of Prey - maybe Dua will record a song for the trinity of dark-ahead of time songs.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

Good luck to Maria to finally get over her obsession and unprovoked seething everytime J gLObal's name gets mentioned
                                            It’s human nature sis. Even when she isn’t even crossing Kween’s mind, her name always gets brought up.
                                            Originally posted by beredy

Comment

Have you heard Katy's psychadelic excellence ? There is a hint of Frozen in this track.

Comment

I mean JLO isn't black so why would she get nominated for that.

Comment

It’s human nature sis. Even when she isn’t even crossing Kween’s mind, her name always gets brought up.
                                                  Maybe the hosts know that Maria is only interesting when she is fuming about J gLObe
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Yikes at that meltdown from the "off key in my chorus" ( and verse) fan
                                                    Also anyone who follows charts and sales trends knows that comparing an album release in 2003 to an album release in 2020 makes absolutely zero sense.

Thank God Aaronsmithjune1 , the person I was actually talking to, has a sense of humour
                                                    I was just waiting for the Selena comment. How predictable.

Just like comparing a fifth album to a ninth album makes no sense. We can also look at how Katy's peers Taylor and Lady Gaga are doing these days since you want to include other artists to make yourself feel better. Because I have a sense of humor too and I'd like to have a biiiig laugh with you.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X