Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Cardi has a very fun, natural playful personality. Something kitty has been trying to force for years

​​
    Well even I'm not gonna attempt to defend that

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
      And people wonder why we take appropriation accusations so seriously.
      Not you catching the edit I didn't want her to get dragged

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well even I'm not gonna attempt to defend that
        What am I supposed to do when my grandchildren ask me about this?

Comment

What am I supposed to do when my grandchildren ask me about this?
          Grandchildren?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Grandchildren?
            I forgot to renew my homosexual permit

Comment

• B'Day is a mood

Comment

• On this day 32 years ago, one of the most iconic songs & videos was released. The rest is herstory.

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  On this day 32 years ago, one of the most iconic songs & videos was released. The rest is herstory.

Sounds legendary to me

Comment

Yours automatically updates.

Comment

You've sucked enough for your permit to last you a lifetime
                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

You've sucked enough for your permit to last you a lifetime
                        The guy I met last night got a gold star

Comment

B'Day is a mood

Single Ladies’ baby mama
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            On this day 32 years ago, one of the most iconic songs & videos was released. The rest is herstory.

Dat chocolate choir tho.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• spiritboy “I’m down on my knees, I wanna take you there” is such a clever double entendre too.

Comment

• Madonna was clearly cribbing notes from the Weather Girls' Christmas song:

I've been a good girl all year long
                                I done my best right or wrong
                                Come on Santa won't you please
                                Look at me I'm on my knees
                                Oh bring me a man

Comment

• I don't like notation of 'act 1 x act 2'. It sounds try-hard. I prefer 'act 1 feat. act 2' or, when the parts are equal, 'act 1 & act 2'. What I miss is something like '[well-known act 1] introducing 'newcomer act 2]', e.g. 'Apologize' by Timbaland introducing OneRepublic. I like the idea of an established act helping an artist with their first steps until they're able to work on their own. More artists should do that.

Comment

spiritboy “I’m down on my knees, I wanna take you there” is such a clever double entendre too.
                                    The real kii is that it's not a double entendre at all. She was obvi always singing about sucking d**k and not praying.

The good sis always been a troll
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

The real kii is that it's not a double entendre at all. She was obvi always singing about sucking d**k and not praying.

Tell that to my mother who totally missed the point of the song and still thinks it’s about being one with Jesus.

Comment

Tell that to my mother who totally missed the point of the song and still thinks it’s about being one with Jesus.
                                        What does she think the song "Deeper And Deeper" is about then?

Does she also think "Rain" is really about rain?
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

What does she think the song "Deeper And Deeper" is about then?

Does she also think "Rain" is really about rain?
                                          I don’t think she knows those songs, she’s not really a Vadge stan either (she only listens to Motown and 70s-80s soul, songs that are pretty straightforward lyrically ). But LAP is such a pop staple that there’s no way you won’t come across it at some point. She’s a religious woman and the song has a spiritual/religious backdrop to it so. The last modern song she brought to my attention was Screechlicia’s No One.
                                          Last edited by Goldmoney; Wed March 3, 2021, 21:05.

Comment

• To be honest, I wouldn't mind songs being less sexual. I mean yeah, sex is part of life and shouldn't be condemned if used in music, but then again, you can do it the cheap way or the classy way. What about other topics though: friendship, love, heartache, stress in the job, family, social/political issues...

Comment

Mariah and honey also. Clearly about her getting showered with the good stuff.

Comment

• I was mentioning to Akini the banality of mentioning oral in songs anymore- it's mentioned in so many song! It's lost any edginess it might have had awhile ago. idk maybe if you're in high school, it doesn't sound tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  I was mentioning to Akini the banality of mentioning oral in songs anymore- it's mentioned in so many song! It's lost any edginess it might have had awhile ago. idk maybe if you're in high school, it doesn't sound tired.
                                                  'Erotica' was 'Erotica' because no one else was doing 'Erotica' back then. That pretty much sums up what you're trying to hint at.

Comment

• Well I mean he didnt hint at anything, he stated it as directly as it is possible to do so.

cheapthrills completely agree. Even on something like 34 35 I just roll my eyes when Ariana sings something like F&&K me till the daylight or whatever. Its like Ok CAN yall come up with something new.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X