X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
    Did you hear iconic Russian language version of Daria Kinzer masterpiece "Celebrate" ?
    Masterpiece?

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Did you hear iconic Russian language version of Daria Kinzer masterpiece "Celebrate" ?
    Yeah, it was actually hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    French language version of "This Time".

Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu January 9, 2020, 14:22.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    "Kuula" also had like three or four versions, and "Is It True?" from 2009 tried this multilingual approach.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    Wow I didnít know that it was released in German as well
    Anyway stream this
    Omg YES! Most underrated album track ever I think. Maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Estonian Eurovision entry from 2013 year "Et uus saaks alguse" was recorded on five European languages.
    "Kuula" also had like three or four versions, and "Is It True?" from 2009 tried this multilingual approach.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    In past (60s, 70s) many acts released their singles in multiple languages, especially if we talk about Eurovision entries and it's not only about the winners.

German language version of Irish Eurovision song from 1974 year.
    I remember Gigliola Cinquetti constantly doing Spanish (and sometimes French & English) versions of her singles (beyond just "Non Ho L'Eta" and "Si"). It was a fairly standard practice in 1960s and 1970s for the acts aiming to expand their popularity.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    Estonian Eurovision entry from 2013 year "Et uus saaks alguse" was recorded on five European languages.

Swedish : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGktzfwcfU
    Russian : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbqUHSfHXE
    English : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PhIOOteBk
    Spanish : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-skZajVlc
    Estonian : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhW_wKh4cw

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    In past (60s, 70s) many acts released their singles in multiple languages, especially if we talk about Eurovision entries and it's not only about the winners.

German language version of Irish Eurovision song from 1974 year.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    It was a pretty cool and innovative idea that Avril Lavigne released her hit single 'Girlfriend' in multiple languages (including German). I remember myself thinking back then that, if an artist was ambitious (or materialistic) enough to release versions of their albums in multiple languages according to their key markets, they'd have a chance to break MJ's record for best-selling album worldwide... Too bad no one had that multilingual approach ever since :( .
    I actually love the idea. Altho, I think that Americans singing in German always sound off and they still have a thick accent. I think it is easier in Spanish...

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    BGKC

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    It was a pretty cool and innovative idea that Avril Lavigne released her hit single 'Girlfriend' in multiple languages (including German). I remember myself thinking back then that, if an artist was ambitious (or materialistic) enough to release versions of their albums in multiple languages according to their key markets, they'd have a chance to break MJ's record for best-selling album worldwide... Too bad no one had that multilingual approach ever since :( .
    Wow I didnít know that it was released in German as well
    Anyway stream this

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by dylonj View Post
    Will there ever be a resurgence of girl groups? I miss the days of atomic kitten, sugababes, girls aloud, the saturdays etc.
    I miss the days when I actually used to enjoy current music filled with these girl groups.

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    ^^^I will give it a shot....but I tend to like my girl groups in English only.....which is weird because I listen to music in other languages just not girl groups.

Leave a comment:

• LastDreamer
    replied
    I've seen them around but never listened. Is anything in English?
    As I know there are only some English language songs from all Lithuanian girl groups, which were recorded for national Eurovision pre-selections, but flopped hard.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    As if a Floponce stan would know about that.

Henny you should stream some flops from Beyonce's The lion King: The Gift instead of trying to come for ppl with taste, maybe then one of these flops can outstream or outchart Swan Flop
    I stan Yoncť and RnB/Hip Hop and I'm a 90s kid of course I know the urban classiques.

Lion King: The curse songs will never get to the flop success that Swan Skank achieved.
    All of them deserved better though SS is Top 10 for Dua from me tbh

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    ‪"This oneĎs by a little known pop singer by the name of Ms Britney Spears. One of the greatest pop singers of all time and an angel if there ever was one on this earth."‬

The power that that has

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Not surprised the Dula Peep stan doesn't know anything about Hip Hop classics
    As if a Floponce stan would know about that.

Henny you should stream some flops from Beyonce's The lion King: The Gift instead of trying to come for ppl with taste, maybe then one of these flops can outstream or outchart Swan Flop

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Only if they were #1 in y'alls hole like Ghetto Supastar, Ms. Jackson, In Da Club, etc.
    He only stans high chart peaks and small clothing sizes. He doesn't know what qualitea is

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

The laughing in the back made it 10◊ funnier [MENTION=21675]BeeBoy[/MENTION]
    A hot mess

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Only if they were #1 in y'alls hole like Ghetto Supastar, Ms. Jackson, In Da Club, etc.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    [MENTION=21675]BeeBoy[/MENTION]? I showed this to [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet but he didnít like it.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Will there ever be a resurgence of girl groups? I miss the days of atomic kitten, sugababes, girls aloud, the saturdays etc.
    Maybe you will like O3Gne.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X