Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dylonj
    replied
    I had a quick question. I am just scanning through Geri's discography and Ride It sounds sooo familiar. Did it sample something? I know I've heard that melody before and the accordian. It's driving me insane!

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post
    The former since they score those hits with their own popularity & merit while the latter only score those hits cuz of the holiday gimmick.

The holiday songs have a life of their own that has nothing to do with the artist.

Since the song is the biggest holiday song since around 2007 (worldwide) every single year, does it mean that Mariah owns a holiday all to herself?

Lemme rephrase: What is better owning a holiday and slay it with the soundtrack which you have written and produce or being irrelevant for 12 weeks out of a year.

I tend to believe that popular current acts should be strong enough to squeeze a hit out in the 4th quarter, don't u think? I mean Ariana was able to do that in 2018. I guess Dual and Co aren't that popular afterall.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    I've heard a few lana Del Ray songs I like and I want to get in the rest of her music. Any Album I should start with?

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    Some people score hits that endure for a couple of weeks and then are forgotten forever. Some others have success with the same hit every year. Now what's more irrelevant?
    I agree:

I Don't Wanna Cry- Peak #1- streams: 8,534,077

Jk. AIWFC is a classique and deserve the pole position, doesn't matter if it's because people stan captialism and christmas. At the end of the day there are tons of unsuccessful Christms albums, so being the most popular christmas song is an achievement in itself

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I can't at those Wham and Brenda Lee stans thinking their fave is somehow relevant just cuz they score those gimmicky Xmas hits for a few weeks.
    ddd you can’t even sh*t on Kween openly anymore because it goes against your principles to drag someone with the week’s #1 hit.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    Some people score hits that endure for a couple of weeks and then are forgotten forever. Some others have success with the same hit every year. Now what's more irrelevant?
    The former since they score those hits with their own popularity & merit while the latter only score those hits cuz of the holiday gimmick.

The holiday songs have a life of their own that has nothing to do with the artist.

Leave a comment:

• Hejira
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I can't at those Wham and Brenda Lee stans thinking their fave is somehow relevant just cuz they score those gimmicky Xmas hits for a few weeks.
    Let em have IT! It's barely more than a week before they return to 1k daily streams

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Outselling your faves' entire career x 8853389 just by twirling ^^
    I stan the top 2 best selling female artists ever tho so what gives?

Last edited by aRat; Tue December 17, 2019, 16:16.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Last edited by aRat; Tue December 17, 2019, 16:01.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Kween did it better tho

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    What is RaccooKnee doing there [MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION]?
    Outselling your faves' entire career x 8853389 just by twirling ^^

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    What is RaccooKnee doing there [MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION]?

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Thots on Dua's new qualitea song?

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    That’s such a bop. I’ll need to explore more of her discography
    She has so many underrated bops

This should've been a top 5 but the GP stays tasteless

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    A bop. Looking forward to album.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Why? Charts are meant to reflect what's popular. Christmas songs are popular at this time. The chart reflects that. Why should they be treated differently?
    True. But they'll disappear after the 25th until 11 months later

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

What we gonna do, is give Ciara her things in 2020
    Thatís such a bop. Iíll need to explore more of her discography

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Holiday based songs should be weighed differently for streams during targeted holidays. Congratulations though
    Why? Charts are meant to reflect what's popular. Christmas songs are popular at this time. The chart reflects that. Why should they be treated differently?

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Thereís one Mariah, there was one Whitney, thereís one Britney.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Blasting this legend all day. Seeing a non promoted song from the 60's at no 3 is incredible, congrats Brenda.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

What we gonna do, is give Ciara her things in 2020
    If she gives us quality bops

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Fell and broke my shoulder Wednesday and the only thing that could've cheered me is to see legend Mariah scoring another #1. She is truly the Queen.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Holiday based songs should be weighed differently for streams during targeted holidays. Congratulations though

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

Only the best selling female of all time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X