Clear All

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Two black women on a song can do well.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
    Whitney as bland - now I've heard everything.

brb going to pick up some industrial-strength rat posion at Home Depot.
    Some of those songs on the second album were not it tho sis, no wonder the blacklash was swift and vast. So when IYBT came out, millions upon millions of afros, dreadlocks and weaves were scalped, buried and never seen again.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I love this Karen sound so much... well technically and objectively, calling it a Karen song is 100% deluded... but I will werq it into my essay.

The thing is, it appeared on 3 CDs at the same time and still sold a ton of singles. I am not sure, why radio denied it its ultimate #1 reign, but two black ladies on a track must have been too much for many.

I had to buy 2 copies of #1's bc after the initial release, my first copy was worn out due to me consistently playing this one track which also happens to be my alltime most played tune ever.

If properly counted, I am convinced that I have played the song between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 times. It's just the right kind of inspirational music and a song featuring my 2 alltime favs is automatically something that I cannot treat in a sane way.

In conclusion, people who are shading When You Believe are most likely QAnon because I have no idea how anyone could not see the presence of a higher being / power in this vocal showcase.

It's the greatest moment in music history and the sooner people acknowledge that, the better the chances that Karma won't get you.

So, worship is the only solution.
    If radio was against having two black women on the same song, don’t you think Karen radio would have been where it suffered the most?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    If Kween or Whitney had any musical input into the song at all (remember, this was for a chillren’s film ) I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have become the Karen-clunker that it did. It’s grown on me over time but errbody thot it was going to be the biggest hit of all time when it was announced. Here’s what we got:

Hot 100: #15
    Chocolate Radio: #33
    Mainstream Radio: #35
    Karen Radio: #3

Ironically, it still holds the record for the most added song on all of radio in a week in history. But at least it became a cute lil’ top 10 in aRatchet’s Hole.
    I love this Karen sound so much... well technically and objectively, calling it a Karen song is 100% deluded... but I will werq it into my essay.

The thing is, it appeared on 3 CDs at the same time and still sold a ton of singles. I am not sure, why radio denied it its ultimate #1 reign, but two black ladies on a track must have been too much for many.

I had to buy 2 copies of #1's bc after the initial release, my first copy was worn out due to me consistently playing this one track which also happens to be my alltime most played tune ever.

If properly counted, I am convinced that I have played the song between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 times. It's just the right kind of inspirational music and a song featuring my 2 alltime favs is automatically something that I cannot treat in a sane way.

In conclusion, people who are shading When You Believe are most likely QAnon because I have no idea how anyone could not see the presence of a higher being / power in this vocal showcase.

It's the greatest moment in music history and the sooner people acknowledge that, the better the chances that Karma won't get you.

So, worship is the only solution.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Whitney as bland - now I've heard everything.

brb going to pick up some industrial-strength rat posion at Home Depot.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    If Kween or Whitney had any musical input into the song at all (remember, this was for a chillren’s film ) I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have become the Karen-clunker that it did. It’s grown on me over time but errbody thot it was going to be the biggest hit of all time when it was announced. Here’s what we got:

Hot 100: #15
    Chocolate Radio: #33
    Mainstream Radio: #35
    Karen Radio: #3

Ironically, it still holds the record for the most added song on all of radio in a week in history. But at least it became a cute lil’ top 10 in aRatchet’s Hole.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    The fact that the song is called 'Check On It' when she never sings those words (apart from the background singing towards the end) in it .

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    This has now became my favorite bey song. Timeless, catchy & unmatched

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Who would have thought that if you combine the forces of 2 of the blandest ballad divas you would end up getting the blandest and corniest song of all time?
    what? It's one of their best. Like are you serious​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Do you know this, aRatchet? It’s probably one of the most timeless chocolate classiks ever, even you have probably heard the hook a few times in passing. If not, then definitely BeeBoy It missed your hole completely and only made #36 in mine, but 80s rap songs tend to become more lauded over time. It finally became a top 10 in both our holes in 2010 when the BEPs sampled it on Rock That Body.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    the grace that that has.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Who would have thought that if you combine the forces of 2 of the blandest ballad divas you would end up getting the blandest and corniest song of all time?
    an academy award winning, legendary song which is also currently charting on the billboard gospel songs chart (in fact, it's always charting). that is what legendry can do.

it was even a top 10 in Germany!

chartrun: 20 - 16 - 12 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 8 - 11 - 16 - 15 - 17 - 20 - 24 - 25 - 32 - 41 - 55 - 75

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    The latest Love on the Brain clone. Miss Fentys impact.

This album has some decent tracks though, as well as some rubbish but worth a listen for sure.

Madison Beer - emotional bruises

She feels like Rihanna & Dua hybrid

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
    this song should be so much bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    this song should be so much bigger.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    You’re off by ten years boo.
    This is so bad fantasy Remix remain top tier

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Fantasy Remix?
    You’re off by ten years boo.

Leave a comment:

• Aaronsmithjune1
    replied
    Chocolate History Month might be over but GOAT anniversary month is here.
    Fantasy Remix?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Chocolate History Month might be over but GOAT anniversary month is here.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Schitt's Creek getting a Golden Globe reminded me of this banger. Better than anything Dua, Britney, Christina, Ariana, or the Big 5 ever delivered (OK fine, maybe equal to GOAT, G$)

LA-la-lala-la-LA-la
    All I know is they mention Kween a lot on that show, no wonder it has so much acclaim.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Excuse me, how dare you imply Alexis Rose is anything less than brilliant.
    Never heard of her

Meanwhile stream Effortlessly by Madison Beer

She sounds so like Ariana tonally on certain parts of this.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Thats just Work Bitch with different lyrics. Which came first ?
    Excuse me, how dare you imply Alexis Rose is anything less than brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The latest Love on the Brain clone. Miss Fentys impact.

This album has some decent tracks though, as well as some rubbish but worth a listen for sure.

Madison Beer - emotional bruises

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Schitt's Creek getting a Golden Globe reminded me of this banger. Better than anything Dua, Britney, Christina, Ariana, or the Big 5 ever delivered (OK fine, maybe equal to GOAT, G$)

LA-la-lala-la-LA-la
    Thats just Work Bitch with different lyrics. Which came first ?

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied

LA-la-lala-la-LA-la

Leave a comment:

Working...
X