Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    All jokes aside lets be honest for a second. This track peaking at no 2 is far from a "flop" and seeing as Dua is a British artist neither is it "local"
    So flopped and localed absolutely does not apply to Dua.

Also, Billboard are a mess for making these changes two days after the charts should have been published. They have been letting these web sales slide for everyone for months at this stage, so they should have announced the change then implemented it the following week. Levitating is a far bigger hit than a lot of those fradulent smash and grab number ones we saw all through last year.
    I disagree.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I disagree.
      That's ok.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Wait a minute, Beautiful Ghosts by Taylor Swift only has 9m streams on Spotify????? Loyal Brave True has 5x more streams? Wtf
        Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

In my mind this one of the biggest and best hits of all time because it was just so inescapable when I was a kid and I have so many good memories associated to that time
          The beat was originally offered to Kween.

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I really cannot imagine Mariah doing Family Affair.

Comment

• I haven't listened to such a good remix for a long time.

Where Have You Been should be a lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                Imo Celine only made into the vocal Trinity because she had ballads and sold a lot. Her voice is not comparable to Whitney & Mariah's at their peaks.

Wayne

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                  Wait a minute, Beautiful Ghosts by Taylor Swift only has 9m streams on Spotify????? Loyal Brave True has 5x more streams? Wtf
                  Probably 'no one' gave it a chance because of the critically panned movie.
                  Pro: freedom of speech
                  Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Probably 'no one' gave it a chance because of the critically panned movie.
                      She is the most streamed woman on Spotify. 9m for a new song.

Comment

She is the most streamed woman on Spotify. 9m for a new song.
                        If you want to make a meanigful comparison between Taylor and Christina maybe you should compare the streams of their last lead single or last album, not some random song from a movie that no one has even heard about.

Comment

• 19th May 2021 will go down in history as Dua Day, I fear, the day it was announced that Levitating peaked at 2 due to anomalies in the reported data.

The headline on Vulture was so shady, yet genius. - Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak close the door on Dua Lipa.

Comment

If you want to make a meanigful comparison between Taylor and Christina maybe you should compare the streams of their last lead single or last album, not some random song from a movie that no one has even heard about.
                            I know that Xtina is a flop, but I'm surprised that her song for the movie is ahead of the song for the movie by Taylor (a person who is popular in 2021). And that's not a small difference, just 5x as many streams. I know Taylor's newest album would overtake Christina's newest album in 2 seconds, but still

Comment

I know that Xtina is a flop, but I'm surprised that her song for the movie is ahead of the song for the movie by Taylor (a person who is popular in 2021). And that's not a small difference, just 5x as many streams. I know Taylor's newest album would overtake Christina's newest album in 2 seconds, but still

Didn't Mulan do well though ? No one has even heard of Cats

Comment

• + Cats was shown in Cinemas, while Mulan was not.

Comment

• Btw, the soundtracks (1998 and 2020) for Mulan are phenomenal. I highly recommend.

Shrek 1& The Dark Knight & Mulan - my trinity

Comment

19th May 2021 will go down in history as Dua Day, I fear, the day it was announced that Levitating peaked at 2 due to anomalies in the reported data.

The headline on Vulture was so shady, yet genius. - Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak close the door on Dua Lipa.

Comment

19th May 2021 will go down in history as Dua Day
                                      Just another day in her life
                                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

Just another day in her life
                                        It is so frustrating to think she will end her career in the US without a number one single. The injustice.

Comment

• Legally Streaming atm :
                                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

It is so frustrating to think she will end her career in the US without a number one single. The injustice.
                                            For the 69th time: she will not get Katy'd. She has many more successful eras with #1 hits ahead of her.
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                              Legally Streaming atm :
                                              Same. Olive finally released a bop.
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

Same. Olive finally released a bop.
                                                And will be debuting at #1 next week.
                                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  And will be debuting at #1 next week.
                                                  and fail to become the biggest hit of 2021, unlike LevitGOD
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• This was a moment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X