No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the few Pink songs that I like.
    Her discography has sounded the same for a long time. Safe, bland, boring. NEXT
    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• I also love this one:

I really like her flops
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• My P!nk Top 10 singles:

1. God Is A Dj
        2. Sober
        3. Trouble
        4. Just Like A Pill
        5. Feel Good Time
        6. Who Knew
        7. U + Ur Hand
        8. Please Don’t Leave Me
        9. Last To Know
        10. So What
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Amazing hip hop classik in my book, I hope it never gets desecrated in the future by an amateur.
          Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            The chocolate national anthem tbh. #27 Hot 100, #14 chocolate chart isn’t too bad. I was going to ask aRatchet if he knew this a few days ago but I don’t think he would.
            It was definitely a flop compared to the other 2 singles that followed. Be it Outlasted them. Purr

Comment

Amazing hip hop classik in my book, I hope it never gets desecrated in the future by an amateur.
              The first 25 seconds is the only memorable thing about it

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

It was definitely a flop compared to the other 2 singles that followed. Be it Outlasted them. Purr
                I think Biggie had a micro budget when he started but once the album was released and became a classik and his hype grew, more promo was given to the other single, thus the much higher peaks.
                Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• I hope the new rumor of Mariah and JayZ "beef" is fake news. Regardless of how some may feel towards Jay, Mariah has definitely re-earned the public's love after signing with Roc Nation.
                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                    I hope the new rumor of Mariah and JayZ "beef" is fake news. Regardless of how some may feel towards Jay, Mariah has definitely re-earned the public's love after signing with Roc Nation.
                    Roc nation did wonders for her. But I wouldn't believe anything until the new York post or TMZ reports it...

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                      I hope the new rumor of Mariah and JayZ "beef" is fake news. Regardless of how some may feel towards Jay, Mariah has definitely re-earned the public's love after signing with Roc Nation.
                      Mariah’s manager joined a new firm with a higher position, and Mariah has simply followed her.
                      No beef, no fight. Just The Sun reporting bs.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        P!nk is incredibly popular in Germany.
                        Not popular enough for people to make the conscious decision to play her sh*t, apparently.

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        Even the singles from the 'Hurts 2B Human' album got played a lot on the radio.
                        What's playing on the radio isn't necessarily what's popular and what's popular isn't necessarily playing on the radio. Here's what happens when people actually have to buy or stream Mrs Moore's music for it to chart:

Walk Me Home #33
                        Can We Pretend -
                        Hurts 2B Human -
                        Love Me Anyway -

The fact that these very obvious flops still received heavy support from radio actually just proves my point.

And 'Sunshine' reached the top 10 without any effort.
                        Only because airplay is now included in our charts. Also proving my point.

The image she represents simply works with the people in Germany.
                        The numbers disagree. Shirin David and Loredana's image is what really seems to work with the people in Germany atm.

Comment

• Okay, I'm saying it. Even Mariah would smash if she had Pink's free promo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Not popular enough for people to make the conscious decision to play her sh*t, apparently.

What's playing on the radio isn't necessarily what's popular and what's popular isn't necessarily playing on the radio. Here's what happens when people actually have to buy or stream Mrs Moore's music for it to chart:

Walk Me Home #33
                            Can We Pretend -
                            Hurts 2B Human -
                            Love Me Anyway -

The fact that these very obvious flops still received heavy support from radio actually just proves my point.
                            Only because airplay is now included in our charts. Also proving my point.
                            Yeah Pink has been flopping in Germany for almost ten years although she did do well there in her career overall.. And thanks for the info about airplay being added to the chart. I was thinking there was something odd about Cover me in Sunshine magically somehow reaching the top 10 there seeing as she has had a huge list of flop songs since 2012 or so. But now that I have all the facts I can see why. Payola plain and simple. LOL. IMO airplay should not be included towards any chart.
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Ask any random 40+ person who Shirin David or Loredana are! I would bet 50€ they don't know. Now who represents the majority of the country?
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• You're missing the point. Just because people know your name, doesn't mean you're popular. Everyone has heard of Madonna and the corona virus, but neither have been ''incredibly popular'' lately.

Besides, the 40+ demographic is technically not excluded from actively participating in our charts. They could buy or stream Pink's music, they just don't.

Comment

• Love this performance of Thinking of You Katy did with this guy on American Idol finale.

IT must be nice for the show to finally have a female judge who is capable of actually performing live with the contestants and singing. Beautiful rendition.

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    I see Butter hit no 1 on Billboard. I was told the rule change was done so they wouldnt get a no 1 with fradulent tactics. Was Dua denied for no reason in the end ?

aRat explain please ?
                                    Dua has Billboar SHOOK. They had to delay the chart for 3 days and try thier hardest to delete her sales and weighted airplay higher just to deny her the #1. There is so much powa in ha name

Too bad the song is gonna be #1 on the Year End Chart anyway and Billboar will look like clowns for denying her the weekly #1. Poor thangs
                                    BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Billboard is so passé, incredible how they just cannot keep up and have to switch their calculation method every other week to please certain labels and artists.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

The chocolate national anthem tbh. #27 Hot 100, #14 chocolate chart isn’t too bad. I was going to ask aRatchet if he knew this a few days ago but I don’t think he would.
                                        Uglee and fatty.

#Team2Pac
                                        98 - OUT

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            Love this performance of Thinking of You Katy did with this guy on American Idol finale.

IT must be nice for the show to finally have a female judge who is capable of actually performing live with the contestants and singing. Beautiful rendition.
                                            Really nice for her, I never understood the comments saying she can't sing. I don't think this did him many favours though, he did not really stand out.

I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Uglee and fatty.

#Team2Pac
                                              Don’t act like you wouldn’t have wanted a piece of that Double XL chocolate.
                                              Last edited by Goldmoney; Mon June 7, 2021, 20:03.
                                              Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                DL3 being her Rated R confirmed

Can't wait for the absolute hoe anthem aka her Rude Boy
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

Don’t act like you wouldn’t have wanted a piece of that Double XL chocolate.
                                                  Eww desgustang. There is prolly nothing there but cheese anyway
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Eww desgustang. There is prolly nothing there but cheese anyway
                                                    Ice Cube seems more your type anyway.

Property of cheapthrill

Comment

Working...
                                                    X