Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Dua has 5 organic billion+ stream smash hits. It's lonely at the top, I fear.
    organic material can rots and or is already rotten and or rotting.
    My Chart

Comment

still forGaGatten hags. Everyone used to sell alberms back in the stone age. Just look at your fav
      when everyone used to sell albums 20 years ago... then everyone is getting them streams today... and those 5 billion streams you're talking about are nothing special either. u shud be consistent with ur logic... unless you're identifying as a gen z... then you're allowed to have no intelligence. cherio.
      My Chart

Comment

Billie is a fad and her new music is unlistenably boring and bad. Poor thang. Even Gaga managed to hold on for longer.
        Lovely is still better than several careers though
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Dua has 5 organic billion+ stream smash hits. It's lonely at the top, I fear.
          Don't Stop Now was not quite organic, was it?
          One Kiss is a Calvin collaboration. New Rules definitely organic. IDGAF I have no idea, the song is quite shit. Be The One deserves 2B though. What is the 5th?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

True, decomposes without leaving trace (or smell if it is composted).

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Well this is true. It's one of the best and most timeless ballads I have ever heard. I can never get enough of it.
              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
              98 - OUT

Comment

Don't Stop Now was not quite organic, was it?
                One Kiss is a Calvin collaboration. New Rules definitely organic. IDGAF I have no idea, the song is quite shit. Be The One deserves 2B though. What is the 5th?
                Don't Start Now
                New Rules
                IDGAF
                One Kiss
                Levitating (in like a month)

I agree that IDGAF is quite bad and easily her worst single. I literally never play it and have no idea why it got so big. It even outstrihmed Work and Hello
                98 - OUT

Comment

• Be The One is still my favourite... I remember hearing it on the radio and thinking, this is interesting! Most of her other songs kind of blend into one for me.
                  1 Inna |2 Camila Cabello|3 Wizkid |4 Coldplay |5 Kevin McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

True that's why certain divas put botox in themselves
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      Be The One is still my favourite... I remember hearing it on the radio and thinking, this is interesting! Most of her other songs kind of blend into one for me.
                      Be The one is def very good but Physical, Fever & DSN are much better and more sophisticated IMO
                      98 - OUT

Comment

True that's why certain divas put botox in themselves

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                          At the beginning of her career, Gaga did not resemble Madonna musically. While listening to The Fame, I hear Gwen.

Btw, Love. Angel. Music. Baby. sounds fresher than The Fame.
                          But Gwen sounded like Madonna

And nope. Gwen’s L,A,M,B album sounds dated as f*ck these days (definitely more dated than Gaga’s “The Fame”)
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

But Gwen sounded like Madonna

And nope. Gwen’s L,A,M,B album sounds dated as f*ck these days (definitely more dated than Gaga’s “The Fame”)

Here she sounds like rock Gwen.
                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Moo pic
                              Exactly bby
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• Kylie giving everything the gays been asking for : disco music, a Dua duet and a Gaga cover. Gay, gayer, gayest!
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ava Max is releasing bop after bop, along with Dua Lipa she's the one to watch in the future.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Billie suddenly being "accomplished" after one successful era is truly funny.
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 11:15.

Comment

Ocean Eyes is sublime.

Comment

Billie suddenly being "accomplished" after one successful era is truly funny.
                                        She had two successful eras already. She has had 5 concert tours as well.

Her first EP with 9 tracks is at 3.6B streams on Spotify. That has to be one of the most successful debut eras of the streaming age (probably the most).

Then she had the record breaking LP era with 7.4B streams on Spotify, 7 Grammys etc.

And her current era is already on track for a huge success, with 3 US Top 10 hits.

Also she had two massive hits in between her albums, Lovely (1.4B) and Everything I Want (900M).

She has had more success than most female pop stars and she has been around since 2015 already.

​​​​​​
                                        Last edited by DnBLover; Fri June 11, 2021, 13:37.

Comment

Her first EP with 9 tracks is at 3.6B streams on Spotify. That has to be one of the most successful debut eras of the streaming age (probably the most).

Then she had the record breaking LP era with 7.4B streams on Spotify, 7 Grammys etc.

And her current era is already on track for a huge success, with 3 US Top 10 hits.

Also she had two massive hits in between her albums, Lovely (1.4B) and Everything I Want (900M).

She has had more success than most female pop stars and she has been around since 2015 already.

​​​​​​
                                          Who

Comment

She tacked Lovely on to her EP. She will also very likely tack Everything I Wanted to Happier Than ever since her recent 5 singles all flopped
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Who
                                              Christina for one.

Comment

She tacked Lovely on to her EP. She will also very likely tack Everything I Wanted to Happier Than ever since her recent 5 singles all flopped
                                                EIW is already on a deluxe version of WWFAWDWG.
                                                I am sure a Dua fan has no problem with people tacking songs onto previousy released albums.

Comment

Christina for one.
                                                  If Xtina, then Katie definitely too

Comment

​​​​​​
                                                    Dont Smile at me has had 11 tracks since August 2017. And yeah I know it was a huge success too but it kind of ran in paralell with the album so she almost had one massive era together for both those ( I mean DSAM smashed while the album was smashing)

To be honest I never expected her to repeat the success of the album anyway. Unrealistic to think that she can do that every time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X