Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

    If Xtina, then Katie definitely too
    Well, on career stats Katy is far bigger than Christina
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

      Well, on career stats Katy is far bigger than Christina
      Where?
      In 2011, Xtina had the mega smash hit #1, Katie in 2021 Electric #error everywhere. And in 2028, Katie will make her debut with 5k in the first week. Really Paula Abdul of our generation (at least Paula had a talent - dancing).
      But live in your bubble of illusion.







      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

      Comment


      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
        Where?
        In 2011, Xtina had the mega smash hit #1, Katie in 2021 Electric #error everywhere. And in 2028, Katie will make her debut with 5k in the first week. Really Paula Abdul of our generation (at least Paula had a talent - dancing).
        But live in your bubble of illusion.







        Longevity has nothing to do with the topic at hand though. It was bigger career stats.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

          Longevity has nothing to do with the topic at hand though. It was bigger career stats.
          Btw, everyone says it, so if it's that easy to have a collab hit, I think Katy will have it (maybe even 3 big collabs + 1 Spanish hit) maybe get a Grammy in the third decade of her career. Maybe she will record a successive soundtrack that will spend over a year on the charts. Or she'll still release trivial music... for the radio (but her radio isn't playing anymore)

          I support her because I feel sorry for her. And you can see that she is trying all the time. Some have skipped their careers and still saw little success. But that's because talent always wins.
          As for the stats, Katy has more US number one than Xtina, but BTS already has 6 so you know. Xtina's debut has sold more copies in the US than all of Katy's albums combined.



          Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

          Comment



          • Actually Teenage Dream is certified by RIAA for 8*platinum in the US same as Christina Aguilera and I wont be surprised to see it go to 9 someday as it is remembered and actually charted again this year.
            And Yeah Katy doesn't need your sympathy sweetie. She is a living legend earning millions every year. She is more than fine.
            Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 18:07.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Actually Teenage Dream is certified by RIAA for 8*platinum in the US same as Christina Aguilera and I wont be surprised to see it go to 9 someday as it is remembered and actually charted again this year.
              And Yeah Katy doesn't need your sympathy sweetie. She is a living legend earning millions every year. She is more than fine.
              Xtina's debut qualifies for a diamond. The last time it was certified in 2000. 4 singles were enough to make thiz album a diamond.And she did it a second time, Mi Reflejo, the Spanish smash hit album. Bilingual Queen, thats right Did the albums need to be re-released? Nope.
              Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

              Comment


              • Besides, my favorite example. Aretha has sold less records than Katy. You mean she had a smaller career? Sales is not everything.
                Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                Comment


                • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                  Xtina's debut qualifies for a diamond. The last time it was certified in 2000. 4 singles were enough to make thiz album a diamond.And she did it a second time, Mi Reflejo, the Spanish smash hit album. Bilingual Queen, thats right Did the albums need to be re-released? Nope.
                  Take it up with RIAA and I have seen in the chart discussion that her debut is nowhere near to qualify for Diamond. IT is currently 8 * platinum. I use official certified numbers not " fan estimates" which are guaranteed to be highly inflated. Ditto for Mi Reflejo.

                  Plus her album had a reissue in 2000 with the radio versions of some songs replacing the album versions which were on the original so it did, in fact, have a rerelease. This coincided with her tour I think.
                  Last edited by InFamous; Fri June 11, 2021, 20:06.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Kitty sold more digital singles than Xtina but that’s it.

                    Albums wise Xtina was definitely more relevant than Kitty. And I also feel that besides her flopping Xtina at least was able to keep some side successful projects (spanish and soundtrack albums plus collabs). She also won multiple Grammy Awards. Her career is definitely better and longer than Kitty’s and many of her songs (“Genie”, “Beautiful”, “Fighter”, “Hurt”, etc) are better than anything the panned Kitty has ever released and will ever release.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                    Comment


                    • I swear every time I open this thread, I read ''Xtina'' and run.

                      Comment


                      • Xtina has better stans too, that’s all I’ll say.
                        Property of cheapthrill

                        Comment


                        • Katy is more successful. Christina released fighter .both pop legends

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                            Take it up with RIAA and I have seen in the chart discussion that her debut is nowhere near to qualify for Diamond. IT is currently 8 * platinum. I use official certified numbers not " fan estimates" which are guaranteed to be highly inflated. Ditto for Mi Reflejo.

                            Plus her album had a reissue in 2000 with the radio versions of some songs replacing the album versions which were on the original so it did, in fact, have a rerelease. This coincided with her tour I think.
                            RIA is not automatic. My favorite example - Crazy in Love is gold.
                            Debut: over 9.3m pure sales + add streams, singles sales and shipping and you've got 10m.

                            Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                            Kitty sold more digital singles than Xtina but that’s it.

                            Albums wise Xtina was definitely more relevant than Kitty. And I also feel that besides her flopping Xtina at least was able to keep some side successful projects (spanish and soundtrack albums plus collabs). She also won multiple Grammy Awards. Her career is definitely better and longer than Kitty’s and many of her songs (“Genie”, “Beautiful”, “Fighter”, “Hurt”, etc) are better than anything the panned Kitty has ever released and will ever release.
                            Exactly, why only studio albums count as only the important ones? Xtina has 6 successful albums (let's say platinum Xmas album counts, platinum is platinum), 2 bombs (Bionic and Liberation) and one album I hate but at least 2 singles qualify for platinum.

                            Same career path as Whitney - 7* successful albums, 2 bombs
                            Both have released the fewest studio albums as opposed to their peers and are very good singers.
                            *let's say Xtina's new Latin album will be... not a flop

                            Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            Xtina has better stans too, that’s all I’ll say.
                            Right? Only vocal legends stans, the M vs X war is completely unnecessary.

                            Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri June 11, 2021, 23:56.
                            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                              RIA is not automatic. My favorite example - Crazy in Love is gold.
                              Debut: over 9.3m pure sales + add streams, singles sales and shipping and you've got 10m.



                              Exactly, why only studio albums count as only the important ones? Xtina has 6 successful albums (let's say platinum Xmas album counts, platinum is platinum), 2 bombs (Bionic and Liberation) and one album I hate but at least 2 singles qualify for platinum.

                              Same career path as Whitney - 7* successful albums, 2 bombs
                              Both have released the fewest studio albums as opposed to their peers and are very good singers.
                              *let's say Xtina's new Latin album will be... not a flop


                              Right? Only vocal legends stans, the M vs X war is completely unnecessary.

                              It seems like they’ve made up too, thots?
                              Property of cheapthrill

                              Comment


                              • I am aware that RIAA is not automatic, not my problem if Christina is not up to date. However her debut album is not "diamond elegible". 9 platinum I can believe.

                                I do enjoy a certain Xtina hater pretending to like her just to drag Katy though. Carry on it is very entertaining.
                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  It seems like they’ve made up too, thots?
                                  Is the rumor of Mariah leaving the Roc Nation real? Because if not, we want Beyonce x Mariah x Xtina collab.
                                  That would be Top 1 (under bubbling)

                                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                    Anyways at least Rihanna sang the chorus / main hook of “Love The Way You Lie” .... Xtina sings for what? 3 seconds in “Moves Like Jagger”? .. I know it’s credited and everything and yes it’s a #1 but that doesn’t mean I have to take Xtina’s input for that song seriously. LOL

                                    Sorry not sorry.

                                    The collabs that you mocked before where you claimed that Christina did not even sing for 3 seconds. Those side projects ?
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                    Comment


                                    • But honestly, I'm very curious what it would sound like.

                                      Boring ballads - nope
                                      screaming festival alla Fall in Line (although I love this song) - nope
                                      Xmas song (something like a song with Ariana) - nope
                                      Savage / CHUD - yes
                                      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                        But honestly, I'm very curious what it would sound like.

                                        Boring ballads - nope
                                        screaming festival alla Fall in Line (although I love this song) - nope
                                        Xmas song (something like a song with Ariana) - nope
                                        Savage / CHUD - yes
                                        I actually like the studio version of Fall in Line, it deserved to chart IMO.

                                        That live performance though
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post


                                          The collabs that you mocked before where you claimed that Christina did not even sing for 3 seconds. Those side projects ?
                                          Just because I don’t like Xtina doesn’t mean that I cannot be objective. She IMO has a better career than Kitty and that has nothing to do with my musical preference.

                                          Xtina IMO did barely anything on “Moves Like Jagger”, however she has other collabs where she has more participation like “Lady Marmalade”, “Nobody Wants To Be Lonely” and “Say Something”.

                                          Also I’m not pretending to like Xtina but I was always very clear that for me ... Xtina over Kitty any day!
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                            Just because I don’t like Xtina doesn’t mean that I cannot be objective.


                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              I actually like the studio version of Fall in Line, it deserved to chart IMO.


                                              That live performance though
                                              Demon was too stressed out and the performance turned out to be average. It sounded a little better on her tour.
                                              And as for the charts, if her team had thought a little bit, they would have released this song on Friday (not Wednesday), 2 days before the show, with a music video and any playlist (payola just has to be) and maybe this song would make its debut in the top 70. Also, there were rumors that P!Nk was going to be featured in this song. But Xtina doesn't give a shit about charts. I believe that if Like I Do was the first single or Rigth Moves (ft. Rihanna) Liberation would be a success. A vocal ballad released on vacation was a choice.
                                              Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                                Demon was too stressed out and the performance turned out to be average. It sounded a little better on her tour.
                                                And as for the charts, if her team had thought a little bit, they would have released this song on Friday (not Wednesday), 2 days before the show, with a music video and any playlist (payola just has to be) and maybe this song would make its debut in the top 70. Also, there were rumors that P!Nk was going to be featured in this song. But Xtina doesn't give a shit about charts. I believe that if Like I Do was the first single or Rigth Moves (ft. Rihanna) Liberation would be a success. A vocal ballad released on vacation was a choice.
                                                The fact that those “Liberation” bomb singles made the bubbling under chart.... that’s higher than “Electric”
                                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                                Comment


                                                • Anyway I always find it incredible that Katy has more number one hits from a single era ( 6) than Britney, Christina, Gaga have in their whole careers.
                                                  No wonder certain people are so presssed about her. I understand.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                                    Demon was too stressed out and the performance turned out to be average. It sounded a little better on her tour.
                                                    And as for the charts, if her team had thought a little bit, they would have released this song on Friday (not Wednesday), 2 days before the show, with a music video and any playlist (payola just has to be) and maybe this song would make its debut in the top 70. Also, there were rumors that P!Nk was going to be featured in this song. But Xtina doesn't give a shit about charts. I believe that if Like I Do was the first single or Rigth Moves (ft. Rihanna) Liberation would be a success. A vocal ballad released on vacation was a choice.
                                                    Christina was equally as bad as Demi on the night. I couldnt bring myself to listen to another live of it. Although I think I watched a compilation of Demi trying to do that big note and they were ALL a mess. They should have lowered the key or came up with a different arrangement.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 12, 2021, 00:50.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X