Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The fact that those “Liberation” bomb singles made the bubbling under chart.... that’s higher than “Electric”
    I think the chart doesn't reflect the popularity of the songs at all. Whether the song debuts in the top 40, 95, 101 or 150 and stays 1 week on the charts, it's the same 'success'. But I honestly didn't think Katy would be so off the charts so quickly. From 6 numbers one to literally error with safe music.
    Dirrty debuted at number 48, spent 20 weeks on the US chart (the rest of the world thankfully did not allow such a pathetic peak), current numbers 1 spend less than 5 weeks on the chart.
    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

I think the chart doesn't reflect the popularity of the songs at all. Whether the song debuts in the top 40, 95, 101 or 150 and stays 1 week on the charts, it's the same 'success'. But I honestly didn't think Katy would be so off the charts so quickly. From 6 numbers one to literally error with safe music.
      Dirrty debuted at number 48, spent 20 weeks on the US chart (the rest of the world thankfully did not allow such a pathetic peak), current numbers 1 spend less than 5 weeks on the chart.
      Well I mean don't forget that Katy is one of the few women who managed to have two solo top 40 hits from her last studio album in the US. Very few women can do that these days, so many womens are relying on collabs or rap verses. Off the top of my head only Taylor managed that, of her peers. Yet Smile spawned two solo top 40 hits in the US, no features or rap verses required. Very impressive.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well I mean don't forget that Katy is one of the few women who managed to have two solo top 40 hits from her last studio album in the US. Very few women can do that these days, so many womens are relying on collabs or rap verses. Off the top of my head only Taylor managed that, of her peers. Yet Smile spawned two solo top 40 hits in the US, no features or rap verses required. Very impressive.
        If I wanted success I would rather have Levitating (#2, collab - even though it's a song that seems top1) than these two solo bombs.

Comment

If I wanted success I would rather have Levitating (#2, collab - even though it's a song that seems top1) than these two solo bombs.
          Never really over Platinum US ( coming for double platinum)
          Daisies Gold US

Christina wishes

Comment

Is the rumor of Mariah leaving the Roc Nation real? Because if not, we want Beyonce x Mariah x Xtina collab.
            That would be Top 1 (under bubbling)

It’s looking that way sis. I can’t imagine how they would be able to work together tho, that’s like a sh*tstorm waiting to happen.
            Property of cheapthrill

Comment

Well , she’s not like the previous generation. You know Justin, Xtina, Beyonce and Britney were prodigy talented children that with talent and high entertainment skills were winning local festivals and winning auditions since they were born until making it and getting their record deals based on their superstar charm and hard working effort. They were self made!.

Kitty obviously had nothing but ice running in her veins, she tried for like 10 years trying to make her career happen but obviously no one cared so she had to start sleeping around with plenty of producers until it was Dr.Luke’s turn so that’s how she got a record deal where she became a very successful SINGLES and LOCAL artist for 3 years and then she was panned, screwed and done.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Never really over Platinum US ( coming for double platinum)
                Daisies Gold US

Christina wishes
                Your body looks like a smash hit compared to Daisies, so I don't think Xtina wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  It’s looking that way sis. I can’t imagine how they would be able to work together tho, that’s like a sh*tstorm waiting to happen.
                  I agree. But it would be really interesting.

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Well , she’s not like the previous generation. You know Justin, Xtina, Beyonce and Britney were prodigy talented children that with talent and high entertainment skills were winning local festivals and winning auditions since they were born until making it and getting their record deals based on their superstar charm and hard working effort. They were self made!.

Kitty obviously had nothing but ice running in her veins, she tried for like 10 years trying to make her career happen but obviously no one cared so she had to start sleeping around with plenty of producers until it was Dr.Luke’s turn so that’s how she got a record deal where she became a very successful SINGLES and LOCAL artist for 3 years and then she was panned, screwed and done.
                  Spill the tea.

Comment

Your body looks like a smash hit compared to Daisies, so I don't think Xtina wishes.

And a flop compared to Never Really Over

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      Xtina has better stans too, that’s all I’ll say.
                      the xtine stans on atrl are the worst... en par with j.lo fanatics who think that her green dress is more iconic than MJ's music career or sth.
                      My Chart

Comment

• so... someone thinks that Xtina and Whitney are in any shape or form comparable? Where is Xtina's 40 million selling album?

Where are her 2 20m+ sellers?

I love Xtine, but let's be real.

Also Katy Perry is doing fine. People in here who bash her... certainly aren't objective and have an agenda. It's so obvious... and it all stems - in my view - from the fact that they feel threatened by her success and relevance.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

the xtine stans on atrl are the worst... en par with j.lo fanatics who think that her green dress is more iconic than MJ's music career or sth.
                          Haven't they all been banned for being the same one person with 15 accounts

Comment

so... someone thinks that Xtina and Whitney are in any shape or form comparable? Where is Xtina's 40 million selling album?

Also Katy Perry is doing fine. People in here who bash her... certainly aren't objective and have an agenda. It's so obvious... and it all stems - in my view - from the fact that they feel threatened by her success and relevance.
                            Not with standing the sales its like comparing Janet to Beyonce, in terms of vocals.

Comment

• Of course it was a joke - this is a comparison, but both ladies supposedly have a number of succesive albums. It would be hard for Christina to compete with the biggest female album of all time.

D.M.F is not Christina's fan and on atrl each fanbase has delusional fans

Comment

• It's so funny that the Britney stans are still salty over Xtine. The world went thru terrorist attacks, full on wars, natural disasters, refugee crises... and yet, the pop gays are still arguing whether or not Britney or Christina was a fad.

the priorities. That is why the world hates us.
                                My Chart

Comment

Of course it was a joke - this is a comparison, but both ladies supposedly have a number of succesive albums. It would be hard for Christina to compete with the biggest female album of all time.

D.M.F is not Christina's fan and on atrl each fanbase has delusional fans
                                  the worst type of fan... remains the Taylor Swift listener. that is my opinion. I've tried countless of times to unite the MPG stans to fight the final war against the true evil... and yet nobody was listening to me.
                                  My Chart

Comment

It's so funny that the Britney stans are still salty over Xtine. The world went thru terrorist attacks, full on wars, natural disasters, refugee crises... and yet, the pop gays are still arguing whether or not Britney or Christina was a fad.

the priorities. That is why the world hates us.
                                    Both ladies had their last hit almost a decade ago, and the names Spears and Aguilera appear every day. This is called longevity, and this war has been, is and will always be the most iconic. Although sometimes I think that some people take this war too seriously...

Comment

so... someone thinks that Xtina and Whitney are in any shape or form comparable? Where is Xtina's 40 million selling album?

Her beauty, poise, vocal ability, musicality and star power is too much for them to handle I fear.
                                      A singer songwriter.

Comment

Both ladies had their last hit almost a decade ago, and the names Spears and Aguilera appear every day. This is called longevity, and this war has been, is and will always be the most iconic. Although sometimes I think that some people take this war too seriously...
                                        yes, people simply cannot accept that someone simply loves an act that another person dislikes for whatever reason. What riles me up is the fact that those people always use superlatives - stated as facts - in order to make someone else feel bad about themselves. It's called bullying and shows 0 character and empathy.
                                        My Chart

Comment

Her beauty, poise, vocal ability, musicality and star power is too much for them to handle I fear.
                                          A singer songwriter.
                                          Katy is so sweet and awesome. I will never understand how anyone could have a negative opinion about her.
                                          My Chart

Comment

yes, people simply cannot accept that someone simply loves an act that another person dislikes for whatever reason. What riles me up is the fact that those people always use superlatives - stated as facts - in order to make someone else feel bad about themselves. It's called bullying and shows 0 character and empathy.
                                            I like Britney and some of her songs. I hope her current situation will change for the better. I get irritated by most of her fans, not her, so I troll them because their fury amuses me. "xtinct sold less floptina hard flop!!!11" i mean... cmon ​​​

Comment

• The Britney fans are salty over Xtina in the exact same way the Xtina fans are salty over Britney ... It’s completely mutual and putting all the blame on one side is not accurate. BOTH fanbases hate each other, period.

I will always be team Britney but at the end of the day both ladies were best friends at one point during their childhood and both were born superstars.

I honestly don’t feel as blinded about Xtina as I was before. I realized it’s pointless and there’s no need for a person to shade one in order to like the other.
                                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I love both Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera, both amazing women. Honestly a 5 year old kid is more intelligent and mature than some of you guys

The only female artist i don't like and can't stand the sight of is Britney Spears.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• People bragging about other people's/artist's achievements is the dumbest thing ever, only people with low IQ and have no life do that.

We all went through stan mode but we should've reached that maturity to discuss matters without insulting or belittling anyone else.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I wonder when R&B Talk - General Music Discussion is opening
                                                    What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X