Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    People bragging about other people's/artist's achievements is the dumbest thing ever, only people with low IQ and have no life do that.

We all went through stan mode but we should've reached that maturity to discuss matters without insulting or belittling anyone else.
    Thanks for this. Looking through the last couple of pages, there are posts that are needlessly antagonistic. If someone complains about an artist, and you feel the need to respond to them by denigrating someone you know they stan for, restrain yourself.

Comment

• Levitating being the biggest hit of the year in the US

The last female to achieve this was Adull back in 2011
      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
        I wonder when R&B Talk - General Music Discussion is opening
        idk... but there is this thread!

aRat - when FN first came out, I would never have picked Levitating to be a huge release - wish she had gotten that #1 a couple weeks ago. Hope Love Again can do something.

Comment

• Is Herpa’s big chocolate crossover hit finally coming, aRatchet?

Let Me Blow Ya Mind 2021?
          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

People bragging about other people's/artist's achievements is the dumbest thing ever, only people with low IQ and have no life do that.
            That’s why you’re constantly bragging about Mariah’s achievements ... now it makes sense.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Maybe Dua's Love Again will get a Megan remix soon.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This trend of the same one or two rappers throwing a verse onto every song is quite boring to me to be honest.
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Maybe Dua's Love Again will get a Megan remix soon.
                  LOL that wouldn't work.

Cool on the other hand
                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                    Is Herpa’s big chocolate crossover hit finally coming, aRatchet?

Let Me Blow Ya Mind 2021?
                    Yes we need the Let Me Blow Your Mind / Rich Girl of 2021
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

idk... but there is this thread!

aRat - when FN first came out, I would never have picked Levitating to be a huge release - wish she had gotten that #1 a couple weeks ago. Hope Love Again can do something.
                      I knew it would be gigantic in America just because it's funky as hell and sounds a lot like Uptown Funk / 24K Magic
                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Wait that new latin singer Raw Alejandro is so hawt. Thots InFamous

98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                          Wait that new latin singer Raw Alejandro is so hawt. Thots InFamous

Super hot and his new song is a bop and a half ! It reminds me of some pop girl song at the start maybe its Doja esque but I cant place it for the life of me !

Comment

• How do y'all feel about long albums? I went to check out someone's album today and it had 23 tracks. I said no ma'am

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                              How do y'all feel about long albums? I went to check out someone's album today and it had 23 tracks. I said no ma'am
                              Not a big deal. Just break it up into two parts of 12 and 11 tracks. Check out the first half today, the second half another day.

Comment

• I do like long albums when my favs do them. I dislike rap albums with 43 tracks and the majority of the songs have a running time of 2:20 minutes. That's fraud in the streaming age.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I do like long albums when my favs do them. I dislike rap albums with 43 tracks and the majority of the songs have a running time of 2:20 minutes. That's fraud in the streaming age.
                                  Why so when it only takes 30 seconds of streaming to count as a stream ? Also it is not just "rap albums" which have short songs. Most pop artists are releasing songs of 2 mins 30 or less these days. Even your fave Robbie Williams had six songs under 3 mins runtime on his last album.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why so when it only takes 30 seconds of streaming to count as a stream ? Also it is not just "rap albums" which have short songs. Most pop artists are releasing songs of 2 mins 30 or less these days. Even your fave Robbie Williams had six songs under 3 mins runtime on his last album.
                                    Under the Radar volume 3 (his last compilation album) only has 1 song under 3 minutes.
                                    The Heavy Entertainment Show (his last studio album) only has 1 song under 3 minutes.

But, I guess you are referring to his Christmas album. 8 out of 29 songs are under 3 minutes on that album. Xmas music is the only type of music in which I think that's a normal song length. (only 3 out of the 8 songs are under 2:30 minutes).
                                    My Chart

Comment

Under the Radar volume 3 (his last compilation album) only has 1 song under 3 minutes.
                                      The Heavy Entertainment Show (his last studio album) only has 1 song under 3 minutes.

But, I guess you are referring to his Christmas album. 8 out of 29 songs are under 3 minutes on that album. Xmas music is the only type of music in which I think that's a normal song length. (only 3 out of the 8 songs are under 2:30 minutes).
                                      3 mins is long these days.

Comment

3 mins is long these days.
                                        ... when you don't have any message in your music... then yes.
                                        My Chart

Comment

... when you don't have any message in your music... then yes.
                                          Not you shading " Your Girl " like that . .. .

Comment

Not you shading " Your Girl " like that . .. .
                                            I'm not sure what you are referring to... it cannot be about my initial critique of short music... bc 1 song out of 14 is not what I was aiming at. But go off.

Also, I hate your girl.
                                            My Chart

Comment

I'm not sure what you are referring to... it cannot be about my initial critique of short music... bc 1 song out of 14 is not what I was aiming at. But go off.

Also, I hate your girl.
                                              Tasteless

Comment

Tasteless
                                                when you/I feel it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                                My Chart

Comment

• This just came on my YT - quite a cool remix of Willow.

Comment

• I hate long albums. Albums should be short & sweet, filler-free.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X