• Show
Clear All

• TIfan
    replied
    Phil ate everybody up with this one!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    My fave Diana Ross songs are Mahogany and Endless Love.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    Diana influenced all of them, including Madonna.

This is ha Best song.
    Last edited by TIfan; Sun February 14, 2021, 22:03.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ced_by_Madonna
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Janet_Jackson
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Beyonc%C3%A9

Madonna's influence is limitless! The real Queen of Pop. Janet, Beyonce wow.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...stina_Aguilera

Finally, she has her own page on influence. Oh wow.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

She should give Dua a call to have advice on how to be a current popstar
    And Dua should call Katy and ask her for advice on how to get a song to No 1 in the US

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

The FN sound would have been perfect for Katy and would have revitalised her career. Too bad she lacks the talent, vision and willingness for improvement and change to pull something likte FN off
    Can't wait for Dua's purposeful pop era.

Also FN is just dance pop sis, its nothiing revolutionary.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

The FN sound would have been perfect for Katy and would have revitalised her career. Too bad she lacks the talent, vision and willingness for improvement and change to pull something likte FN off

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by aRat View Post

Katheryn needs a complete overhaul of her image and sound if she wants to have success again. She is still stuck with her 2013'd fluffy Dr Luke'd pop sound and image.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The mechas of Chocolate Entertaiment have given their seal of approval.

BET’s #1 Song of 2005: Kween - GOAT
    The camaraderie between two chocolate icons.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied

We all know it's a huge flop and it's okay. Every artist flops at some point. The main thing is whether she'll have a surge in her career or continue lowkey like this after the era.
    Katheryn needs a complete overhaul of her image and sound if she wants to have success again. She is still stuck with her 2013'd fluffy Dr Luke'd pop sound and image.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    What are your dream collaborations?

The new Spanish Lady Marmalade Xtina x Rosalia x Nathy Peluso x Kali Uchis
    Xtina x Madonna (Erotica vibe, omg)
    Xtina x Rihanna (Needed Me vibe)
    Xtina x Lauren Hill (Zion vibe)
    Xtina x Kaytranada

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Was just reading about the album Tapestry by Carole King - apparently it turned 50 a few days ago!

This still sounds great

She worked with James Taylor - didn't realize he looked so good back then.

EDIT: Oh wow, didn't realize that pic would be so large.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Kitty has no possible return ... her next album will bomb even harder than Clown.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Smile is getting over 1 million streams on Spotify daily. If that's flopping, I feel bad for the others.
    We all know it's a huge flop and it's okay. Every artist flops at some point. The main thing is whether she'll have a surge in her career or continue lowkey like this after the era.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Where did Afterglow flop? It was a #2 hit in UK, #7 in Australia and a top 40 hit in US. He didn't promote it, just dropped it around Christmas when new music is totally ignored by consumers. It wasn't a smash but it wasn't a flop either.
    Exactly. I mean trying to use that to make some sort of a flawed point was a choice

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

He can't flop as hard as Katy Perry so he'll be fine
    Smile is getting over 1 million streams on Spotify daily. If that's flopping, I feel bad for the others.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    If he actually calls his album Minus I hope it flops to hell and back.
    He can't flop as hard as Katy Perry so he'll be fine

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Except that the job of singles is literally to promote albums, especially for an artist like Adele who’s mostly dependent on radio to sell. I brought up Afterglow to show you how the GP can literally drop you anytime. Adele is basically the female Ed Sheeran so if he’s flopping this hard then she might as well have the same fate as him as soon as she releases again. Regardless, Adele is already 33 now. Even if her next project turns out to be successful it will probably be her last hurrah before flopping into oblivion.
    Where did Afterglow flop? It was a #2 hit in UK, #7 in Australia and a top 40 hit in US. He didn't promote it, just dropped it around Christmas when new music is totally ignored by consumers. It wasn't a smash but it wasn't a flop either.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by flopho View Post
    ^sounds like every late 90s ballad ever don't mind it though, when the mood is right I'm here for that sound
    hhmmm it reminds me of a specific song though, although i cant put my finger on it

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    If he actually calls his album Minus I hope it flops to hell and back.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Ed Sheeran's current single is just a buzz single basically. It was announced not to be part of 'Minus' right from the start. I thought his last mixtape proved that he can sell a huge amount of records with minimal effort (e.g. 'South of the Border' sounding like 'Shape of You Part 2' and 'I Don't Care' wasn't quite innovative either). 'Minus's lead single will become a massive hit the moment it gets released. There's no worry about that after the massiveness of the 'Divide' era.

By the way: Just found out that his solo album is actually self-titled ^^ . + = add ~ Ed ;) .
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sun February 14, 2021, 14:57.

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    I have decided that One Kiss is Dua's worst song, that i have actually heard. Honestly it really did not deserve to smash the way it did.
    IDGAF is her worst song.

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    ^sounds like every late 90s ballad ever don't mind it though, when the mood is right I'm here for that sound

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Wow just heard this amazing song, sounds so familiar to me although I am 100 percent sure I have never heard it before..

Debelah Morgan - It's not over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X