Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
    And I saw Witness for 5 cents on first week. Give me proof, don't write nonsense.

You do realize that Bionic in the UK was:

1. The lowest selling number one in history ( at that time, may have been broken since)
    2. The fastest dropping chart release of her career.

It is not surprise that Bargain bins were filled with it in a desperate attempt to get rid of it.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I still love and listen to it regularly. At least it easily outpeaked and outcertified Dullical.
      Not even in the US where PhysiGOD wasn't even a single let alone in any other country
      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Not even in the US where PhysiGOD wasn't even a single let alone in any other country
        Oh I assumed Physical was uncertified in the US I stand corrected. Outpeaked will do!!

Speaking of clearances Now is the time to snag Mariahs book

Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 22, 2021, 20:47.

Comment

Oh I assumed Physical was uncertified in the US I stand corrected. Outpeaked will do!!

I'd rather spend that 4$ on anal lube
          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
          98 - OUT

Comment

You do realize that Bionic in the UK was:

1. The lowest selling number one in history ( at that time, may have been broken since)
            2. The fastest dropping chart release of her career.

It is not surprise that Bargain bins were filled with it in a desperate attempt to get rid of it.
            It's still not evidence. Btw, her team was (still is) dumb. You Lost Me wasn't even released on Itunes (it's like the single isn't available on streaming today).
            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
              It's still not evidence. Btw, her team was (still is) dumb. You Lost Me wasn't even released on Itunes (it's like the single isn't available on streaming today).
              No demand I fear.

Comment

I've heard cheap lube can cause fissures

Comment

No demand I fear.
                  93m views for a (lyrically beautiful) big bomb? Not bad.

Comment

I ain't readin all that
                    But good 4 u
                    Or sorry that happened
                    yes cancer sucks.
                    My Chart

Comment

Actually, it is not the right time bc it will be re-released in the fall. Thence the low price for the old version.
                      My Chart

Comment

• 'Bionic' was not the lowest selling No. 1 album of all time, 'just' the lowest selling No. 1 in 8 years.
                        Pro: freedom of speech
                        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                          'Bionic' was not the lowest selling No. 1 album of all time, 'just' the lowest selling No. 1 in 8 years.
                          I wish we had an official charts company in germany that would provide sales numbers just like the UK. It is so absurd that we cannot provide sales here when everything we buy is tracked digitally... (just like soundscan).
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Actually, it is not the right time bc it will be re-released in the fall. Thence the low price for the old version.
                            Why is she re releasing something that came out last winter ? With what , an extra chapter tacked on ? Talk about bleeding your fans dry .

Comment

• Even though i stan Katy, Bionic is more iconic than anything she released i'm afraid.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  'Bionic' was not the lowest selling No. 1 album of all time, 'just' the lowest selling No. 1 in 8 years.
                                  My apologies. That is correct.

The record it did break was the biggest fall from number one in UK Albums Chart history when, on June 20, it registered the largest drop in chart history for a number one album by falling twenty-eight places to number twenty-nine

Both of these records have since been broken by Marina and the Diamonds and The Vamps respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                    Even though i stan Katy, Bionic is more iconic than anything she released i'm afraid.
                                    To me its just noise. Apart from Not myself tonight and Lift me Up which is flawless.

Comment

• As always, she was ahead of the times.

Btw, I'm amused by the opinion of people who say that the P!nk 2001 album inspired Stripped, because Linda - blah, blah... you mean that Bionic inspired Beyonce (album) or Rihanna's Unapologetic? Because she was the first to collaborate with Sia.

Comment

• That line she invented to excuse the flopping was funny.

Also Sia collaborating with X did literally nothing for her career. She got her breakthrough when she hopped on those Guetta tracks.

Comment

To me its just noise. Apart from Not myself tonight and Lift me Up which is flawless.
                                          you so full of hate for music artists that you dislike... that it always feels personal.
                                          My Chart

Comment

That line she invented to excuse the flopping was funny.

Also Sia collaborating with X did literally nothing for her career. She got her breakthrough when she hopped on those Guetta tracks.
                                            "breakthrough"... Sia's career started way before Rihanna's... and her first 4-5 albums prior to 1000 forms of fears were all flawless... I personally own 2 of those. But I guess you are not familiar with Australian music.
                                            My Chart

Comment

you so full of hate for music artists that you dislike... that it always feels personal.
                                              Delusional. I have never once made a personal comment about Christina. I speak about her music only.

Also rather ironic coming from the person who referred to Taylor Swift as an evil entity or something the other day that you tried to round up people against . A little self awareness please

Comment

• 2006 - Mark Ranson
                                                2010 - Nicki, Sia
                                                In 2017, she collaborated with Anderson .Paak, and now he has hit number 1 with Bruno.
                                                Pipe ft. Lewis Hamilton, who else has the fastest driver on album?

She recorded this song before Cardi B (I like it)

There are plenty of examples. People just like to be inspired by her.

Flopus is her only mistake to record such a bland and safe album that was produced by one of the worst producers (Max Martin). I hate this.

Comment

"breakthrough"... Sia's career started way before Rihanna's... and her first 4-5 albums prior to 1000 forms of fears were all flawless... I personally own 2 of those. But I guess you are not familiar with Australian music.
                                                  I am as familiar with Sia as you are. Obviously I meant her international breakthrough and what I said is completely correct in that regard.

In fact my favourite Sia songs are Clap your hands Breathe Me.and Day too soon.

Comment

Delusional. I have never once made a personal comment about Christina. I speak about her music only.

Also rather ironic coming from the person who referred to Taylor Swift as an evil entity or something the other day that you tried to round up people against . A little self awareness please
                                                    Taylor Swift has actually worked on riling up her fanbase to damage other acts' careers... something that Miss Aguilera hasn't even thought of yet.

You are full of cr... all I hear is how XY is embarrassing or whatever... always so negative. I can call Taylor the devil of music and still have heartfelt admiration for her. U don't seem to be able for any type of positive emotion. That is... at least ... what I feel, it's just my personal observation. You can disagree with it and that's cool.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X