No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm waiting for her to do a collab with Nathy Peluso. Then you will see that it will be the next big Latin star (I hope).

Stream CALAMBRE

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I am as familiar with Sia as you are. Obviously I meant her international breakthrough and what I said is completely correct in that regard.

In fact my favourite Sia songs are Clap your hands Breathe Me.and Day too soon.
      I just dislike it when people try to sweep her earlier music career under the rug... bc SIA was (and continues to be) outstanding... Lullabye is my favourite SIA song ever.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I wish we had an official charts company in germany that would provide sales numbers just like the UK. It is so absurd that we cannot provide sales here when everything we buy is tracked digitally... (just like soundscan).
        That's true. All we can do is guess basically. Especially when it comes to rap albums that have those big 2nd week positional drops, it could be both, they could either debut high in sales and then have some 80+% sales drops in week 2 or just got lucky to reach No. 1 on low sales, so an average sales drop in week 2 already means a huge positional drop.
        It usually is a sign that sales have been low when a No. 1 album ends quite low on the YEC.
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Taylor Swift has actually worked on riling up her fanbase to damage other acts' careers... something that Miss Aguilera hasn't even thought of yet.

You are full of cr... all I hear is how XY is embarrassing or whatever... always so negative. I can call Taylor the devil of music and still have heartfelt admiration for her. U don't seem to be able for any type of positive emotion. That is... at least ... what I feel, it's just my personal observation. You can disagree with it and that's cool.
          You are full of crap because I have complimented Christina many times actually. I have spoken about songs of hers that I like and the tones of her voice that I enjoy listening to and have defended her in this very thread many times when others were tearing down her career. So your personal observation is a load of BS. When have you ever said anything positive about Dua LOL. The lack of self awareness.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

You are full of crap because I have complimented Christina many times actually. I have spoken about songs of hers that I like and the tones of her voice that I enjoy listening to and have defended her in this very thread many times when others were tearing down her career. So your personal observation is a load of BS. When have you ever said anything positive about Dua LOL. The lack of self awareness.
            yesterday.
            My Chart

Comment

• Flawless

Comment

• Olivia referring to Katy as a fantastic singer. Let me stream Sour. Her rock pop sound is very reminiscent of One of The Boys actually. The inspiration is clear.

Comment

• Guys let’s be real .... This was perfect:

... Song, music video, lyrics, melodies, production, instruments, guitar bridge ....every aspect about this was flawless.

Comment

• I don't understand why this song was a flop. 2012 was a mediocre year for me in terms of music, but their album was quite okay.

Comment

• Telepatia is one of the best songs of the year. Kali Uchis did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Telepatia is one of the best songs of the year. Kali Uchis did that.
                        The whole album is just wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

The whole album is just wow.

Haven't listened to the album yet, do you recommend?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Haven't listened to the album yet, do you recommend?
                            My favorite female album of 2020.

Hopefully she can win a lot of Latin Grammys because she really deserved it.

Comment

• ¡Aquí yo mando! it's the song of the year. I love this song, completely my vibe.

Kali, Rosalia, Nathy, Xtina* >>>>>> English music

*I pray for a Spanish album every day

Comment

• Poor Beyonce can't catch a break.

"She's only big because she is light-skinned"
                                "Crazy In Love (2003) copied 1 Thing (2005)"
                                "Beyonce worships the devil"
                                "Beyonce can't sing"
                                "Beyonce will never be an icon"

Most of this bs comes from hating ass Black people. Bring you down when you are alive. Cry wolf when you are gone.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

• Not only Beyonce is hated. All the main stars are... the most I don't understand is the hatred towards Madonna. When she dies, she will be placed on a pedestal as the greatest pop star in history. It was the same with Whitney and Amy.

Comment

• Sure Beyonce is probably crying at home with her 40 or something Grammys, 200million records sold, $500 million net worth and acclaim because of what some (minority) think

Comment

• I feel like... female acts only get this extreme hate from gay men who stan for other females and suffer when their favs aren't at the center of things.

I mean... we have people here as well who would actually rejoice if something bad would happen to people that I like and love.
                                      My Chart

Comment

I feel like... female acts only get this extreme hate from gay men who stan for other females and suffer when their favs aren't at the center of things.

I mean... we have people here as well who would actually rejoice if something bad would happen to people that I like and love.
                                        Atrl in a nutshell.

Comment

• Madonna is like the musical Mae West.

Both ladies embraced their sexuality early on but were/are true bosses. Mae West was one of the first female film producers and she was an overlooked writer of her movies. West remained who she was until her final days and no critic could bring her down. West was sometimes referred to as a gimmick but she could care less. Madonna is the same way. She does what she wants and if anyone dies not like it, they can kick rocks.

That is actually inspiring to me.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                            Poor Beyonce can't catch a break.

"She's only big because she is light-skinned"
                                            "Crazy In Love (2003) copied 1 Thing (2005)"
                                            "Beyonce worships the devil"
                                            "Beyonce can't sing"
                                            "Beyonce will never be an icon"

Most of this bs comes from hating ass Black people. Bring you down when you are alive. Cry wolf when you are gone.
                                            "Faked pregnancy"
                                            "Blue bashing"
                                            ​"​​​BBL rumor"
                                            "Destiny's child drama"
                                            "Dragged for taking husband back"

​​​​​​I'm sure we're missing some. But all these start in the black community and grow onwards. The only time I ever seen other groups of people come for her is after the 2016 super bowl tbh.

Comment

• This whole Britney thing is breaking my heart. The more I hear how it all unfolded and how much she is and or was suffering, the more angry I become that she was put in this situation to begin with.

I so rooting for her freedom. <3
                                              My Chart

Comment

• ON a related thought, I love Cher.
                                                My Chart

Comment

This whole Britney thing is breaking my heart. The more I hear how it all unfolded and how much she is and or was suffering, the more angry I become that she was put in this situation to begin with.

I so rooting for her freedom. <3
                                                  When it comes to money you can trust no one. This whole thing is rooted in greed. Which is stupid because I'm sure Britney would have gave her family anything they wanted. I believe her boyfriend is a opportunist also. But that's a battle for another day.

Comment

• Maroon 5 Jordi already certified Gold in the US. Legends. Stream this bop!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X