Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InFamous
    replied
    I have decided that One Kiss is Dua's worst song, that i have actually heard. Honestly it really did not deserve to smash the way it did.

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TIfan
    replied
    I think the industry is desperate for someone like Adele. She will likely smash single records before the album gets released.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Except that the job of singles is literally to promote albums, especially for an artist like Adele who’s mostly dependent on radio to sell. I brought up Afterglow to show you how the GP can literally drop you anytime. Adele is basically the female Ed Sheeran so if he’s flopping this hard then she might as well have the same fate as him as soon as she releases again. Regardless, Adele is already 33 now. Even if her next project turns out to be successful it will probably be her last hurrah before flopping into oblivion.
    Afterglow isn't indicative of anything. It wasn't promoted or pushed, just something Ed threw out there for the fans. IT shows nothing. Changing the goalposts again. Now it's her next album after the next one that is going to flop.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I never said anything about her singles so stop changing the goalposts. I was talking about albums. It makes no difference to Adele how her singles do if she can still sell albums. Ed Sheerans Afterglow which he threw out there on the 22nd December has no relevance to how Adele may or may not perform so you are really clutching at straws now LOL.
    Except that the job of singles is literally to promote albums, especially for an artist like Adele who’s mostly dependent on radio to sell. I brought up Afterglow to show you how the GP can literally drop you anytime. Adele is basically the female Ed Sheeran so if he’s flopping this hard then she might as well have the same fate as him as soon as she releases again. Regardless, Adele is already 33 now. Even if her next project turns out to be successful it will probably be her last hurrah before flopping into oblivion.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

She obviously won’t be selling 10 million either. She’s a POPSTAR whose last single peaked at #18 on Pop. If the rumors are true and she releases a dance-pop leaning single she will flop. And if her next album is truly dance-pop she won’t be supported by the AC audience either. The only way for Adele to achieve some moderate success would be by releasing another AC leaning album so that way she might gain some support by that audience. She’s not like Taylor who can sell on her name alone and rely on her large fanbase. She’s like the female Ed Sheeran and we’ve all seen how his new single is doing...
    I never said anything about her singles so stop changing the goalposts. I was talking about albums. It makes no difference to Adele how her singles do if she can still sell albums. Ed Sheerans Afterglow which he threw out there on the 22nd December has no relevance to how Adele may or may not perform so you are really clutching at straws now LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied

Please name another artists who sold like Adele in 2015. I'll wait .Also not a single person claimed that she would replicate those numbers. She doesnt need to repliacte them to sell 10 million.
    She obviously won’t be selling 10 million either. She’s a POPSTAR whose last single peaked at #18 on Pop. If the rumors are true and she releases a dance-pop leaning single she will flop. And if her next album is truly dance-pop she won’t be supported by the AC audience either. The only way for Adele to achieve some moderate success would be by releasing another AC leaning album so that way she might gain some support by that audience. She’s not like Taylor who can sell on her name alone and rely on her large fanbase. She’s like the female Ed Sheeran and we’ve all seen how his new single is doing...

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Rihanna's next album is a guaranteed success, while Adele may struggle? Sounds unlikely. What some of you seem to be forget is that you need to appeal to multiple demographics to sell lots of records and I don't see Rihanna appealing to 40+ people the same way Adele does.

@spiritboy: Shops won't be closed forever.
    But Adele doesn’t appeal to multiple demographics either. She’s mostly big among the AC audience and we all know they don’t mean much when it comes to streaming. R&B listeners have never used her to begin with and she hasn’t resonated with pop listeners since Hello

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Sales weren’t dead when she released 25. It was still possible to sell well in 2015. She’s obviously not going to replicate those numbers in pure sales whenever she releases again and she’s too old for young people who stream so she obviously won’t be doing that well streaming wise either.
    Please name another artists who sold like Adele in 2015. I'll wait .Also not a single person claimed that she would replicate those numbers. She doesnt need to repliacte them to sell 10 million.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied

this is the second time you have come with this narrative about Adele and as we told you the last time sales were also dead for everyone when she released 25.
    Sales weren’t dead when she released 25. It was still possible to sell well in 2015. She’s obviously not going to replicate those numbers in pure sales whenever she releases again and she’s too old for young people who stream so she obviously won’t be doing that well streaming wise either.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Speaking of Adele, still remember the day she released “Hello” and I got the chills .... such a stunning song.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Physical sales are completely dead for everyone and I don’t really see Adele being an exception. And the thing is, teenagers couldn’t care less about her and some of them don’t even know her.
    this is the second time you have come with this narrative about Adele and as we told you the last time sales were also dead for everyone when she released 25.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Rihanna's next album is a guaranteed success, while Adele may struggle? Sounds unlikely. What some of you seem to be forget is that you need to appeal to multiple demographics to sell lots of records and I don't see Rihanna appealing to 40+ people the same way Adele does.

@spiritboy: Shops won't be closed forever.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Physical sales are completely dead for everyone and I don’t really see Adele being an exception. And the thing is, teenagers couldn’t care less about her and some of them don’t even know her.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    I think that of the four mentioned (Riri, Beyonce, Adele, Taylor) Rihanna will do the best. Her streams are just huge.
    Grammy... 8 nominations and 0 wins for ANTI is a big misunderstanding and they will give her AOTY (for her future reggae album) for the 2017 insult.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post

at the bare minimum Adele will sell 7 million copies of her next album (3xP in the USA). Bets case scenario I can see is 15 million.

And with that she would become the 6th biggest selling albums act ever.
    Good luck selling those copies if shops will be closed due to new variants of the virus

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Tbh, we don't know what Adele will do. We all say she'll smash but she might flop as well. Rihanna will be fine cause she's a streaming monster but we have no idea how Adele will do. I'm curious how new Beyoncé album will do, unless she has a trick up her sleeves, i don't see her smashing.

What Taylor has is consistency. She might not pull the numbers she once had but she will do better than most of your faves.
    I think out of those 3 Beyonce will definitely perform the worst. But as you rightly say we really don't know.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    likeidogoldlink, sis, I was just listening to this: what a bop and a half. Also made Xtina one of the few pop stars ever to reach the top 40 on the chocolate airplay chart. The versatility!
    What a taste.

Can't Hold Us Down, Tell Me, Tilt Ya Head Back. Her collabs in the 2000s were on point.

A Song For You is my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Why in Gods name does Miss Christina not use that tone/ range when singing in English. That track is better vocally than any of her screaming in English. For a woman that cannot speak a word of Spanish she sounds very good singing in it. I may listen to the rest of her Spanish album.
    El Beso Del Final is the best song on the album for me.

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Youtube is pretty big in Latin America. Latin music videos always smash on Youtube.

However the difference between Xtina and Thalia is that Xtina had a more global platform of fans and audience so even when singing in Spanish her fans from all over were following (so fans like you even know her Spanish songs) .... while Thalia on the other hand was never really relevant outside Latin America / Spain .... so I do consider Thalia’s results a bit more impressive considering her more limited platform and audience.
    Thalia can be associated in Europe with Telenovelas. I don't know her music at all.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Tbh, we don't know what Adele will do. We all say she'll smash but she might flop as well. Rihanna will be fine cause she's a streaming monster but we have no idea how Adele will do. I'm curious how new Beyoncé album will do, unless she has a trick up her sleeves, i don't see her smashing.

What Taylor has is consistency. She might not pull the numbers she once had but she will do better than most of your faves.
    at the bare minimum Adele will sell 7 million copies of her next album (3xP in the USA). Bets case scenario I can see is 15 million.

And with that she would become the 6th biggest selling albums act ever.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Ugh ... I hate that “Colgando En Tus Manos” song .. it was a huge mega smash all over the hispanic scene but I always hated it

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I loved this cute little spanish duet with Carlos Baute and Marta Sanchez from a while back.

Colgando en tus manos

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Adele is not on Taylor’s level. Taylor has managed to remain on top in the streaming era, meanwhile I highly doubt Adele’s next album will do Lover or Folklore numbers.
    Adele will probably SELL ten million albums. Who cares about streaming if an artist can still do numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Adele is not on Taylor’s level. Taylor has managed to remain on top in the streaming era, meanwhile I highly doubt Adele’s next album will do Lover or Folklore numbers.
    Maybe not in standalone streaming numbers but she’ll easily pounce her in physical sales which will easily make the difference in SPS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X