No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost… but didn't you say that if something qualifies it doesn't count? Because it has to be confirmed?

4:1 - maybe in Chromatica
    Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
      almost… but didn't you say that if something qualifies it doesn't count? Because it has to be confirmed?

4:1 - maybe in Chromatica
      It has been confirmed as 402k like six months ago in the US . Gold will be in its future. Libby stalled at 100k. Do the maths.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It has been confirmed as 402k like six months ago in the US . Gold will be in its future. Libby stalled at 100k. Do the maths.
        Do you realize that if X would add her collaborative songs to Lotus, the album would be 3x platinum? Without this one-year song, Smile would have fared worse than Libby, which is a bit embarrassing

Okay, end of discussion because I argued with you for the tenth time about the same thing.

Stream a new song by Lorde because it flops, too bad

Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
          Okay, end of discussion because I argued with you for the tenth time about the same thing.
          Yeah, it's enough. You'd think every comparison to be made between Katy and Xtina would have been said by now.

Comment

• And yet you keep repeating the Same old tired excuses. The songs arent on Lotus so its a mute point. Katys hits are solo from the same era on her album, which only has 12 tracks counting for streaming. You can make all the excuses you like but the figures remain 4 to 1 in favour of Smile versus Lib.

Actually I am listening to Christina live with the ochestra. Her voice is sounding great - whatever she has done to get it back to this point kudos to her. She sounds like 2005.
            Last edited by InFamous; Thu July 22, 2021, 01:01.

Comment

• I Know what you're doing.

Comment

• I know what you want IS on Charmbracelet.... it should be 2xP now.
                My Chart

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    I know what you want IS on Charmbracelet.... it should be 2xP now.
                    As far as I am aware it is not on the US version of the album, although it is included on the re release in Asia and UK maybe some parts of Europe too.

Comment

• I wonder if Bey will continue her solo-studio success with Bey7!!!! I want some R&B....
                      Diva!!!

Comment

• TIfan bills×3 is going viral again. But this one is actually dope

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                          I wonder if Bey will continue her solo-studio success with Bey7!!!! I want some R&B....
                          I see this being her last album

Comment

• DC keep going TikTok viral.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

As far as I am aware it is not on the US version of the album, although it is included on the re release in Asia and UK maybe some parts of Europe too.
                              Then I want it double platinum in France, platinum in UK and Gold in GER.
                              My Chart

Comment

• I had no idea Exhale by Whitney was 11 weeks at No 2 ( after its one week at 1) when OSD was at 1. Amazing to think it would have been one of the longest number ones in history only for OSD. Love Exhale, her tone is godly on that track.

Comment

Then I want it double platinum in France, platinum in UK and Gold in GER.
                                  Certs are automatic in the UK at least.

Comment

I had no idea Exhale by Whitney was 11 weeks at No 2 ( after its one week at 1) when OSD was at 1. Amazing to think it would have been one of the longest number ones in history only for OSD. Love Exhale, her tone is godly on that track.
                                    I worship that song. It's one of Whitney's finest. Such a god-like tune.
                                    My Chart

Comment

Certs are automatic in the UK at least.
                                      I know... it sold around 135k on sales alone... so maybe 220k with streams?

My Chart

Comment

• On other news... Can we please all support the KING of POP John Mayer... and all stream and or buy his latest album? The name of the release is "Sob Rock". It came out on Friday... and is easily the best album by anyone (ever).

Just put your privilege aside and support art for once.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Yes, Exhale is amazing

I cannot remember the last time I listened to John Mayer...King of Pop? Did you misspell MJ

Comment

I know... it sold around 135k on sales alone... so maybe 220k with streams?
                                            No idea tbh, I dont track numbers. Who has the time ?

Comment

• This ochestral version of Exhale is beautiful.. the intro

And she did a good job on the bridge here.

And when Mother Shirley Ceaser came out

Last edited by InFamous; Thu July 22, 2021, 03:05.

Comment

• I am screaming at Brandy and Monica being on opposite sides of the hall, I wonder was there beef between them even in 1997 LOL

Comment

• Goonica apparently punched out Brandy before their VMA performance.
                                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Also, they were pitted against each other since their debuts years before, but it all came to a head with TBIM.
                                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Working...
                                                    X