Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Also, they were pitted against each other since their debuts years before, but it all came to a head with TBIM.
    which is one of the worst songs in music history tbh.
    My Chart

Comment

• Agreed, I hate it like I really cannot stand it, and I am not given to extreme reactions over music in general but that song. NO.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        I still feel like her album will do ok. But those ballads are not it. People want another Bad Guy.
        I kind of feel that Billie Eilish is a bit ashamed of its success. I remember an interview with her brother, I guess, and he was like 'Our music is about [mentioning a whole list of deep issues]... and being the bad guy.'. They probably never expected the song to become this huge, and wish it hadn't as, to be honest, it hardly sounds like any of her other songs.
        Pro: freedom of speech
        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I wish she would lean into it then- honestly, I think if she had followed up Therefore I Am with NDA, she'd be in a better position. We've gotten ballad Billie way more than any other Billie. Personally, I'm here for more versatility.

Comment

• I Believe In You And Me by Whitney is such a beautiful and underrated song. And this coming from a person who never listens to Gospel music.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

which is one of the worst songs in music history tbh.
              Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Agreed, I hate it like I really cannot stand it, and I am not given to extreme reactions over music in general but that song. NO.
              There is tasteless and then there is a lost cause like u 2
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

• A Physitrash stan judging the taste of others

Comment

• This was so underrated

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Wind It Up? Oh hell no. Hard pass.

It's like she captured lightning in a bottle using Fiddler on the Roof for Rich Girl, then thought she could try that again with the yodeling song from The Sound of Music.

Comment

• My favorite Gwen song
                      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Once again I feel sorry for the Americans that they did not hear Gigi D'Agostino a lot on the radio. Italo house is that genre

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

My favorite Gwen song
                          As well as one of the best pop songs of this century, and this is coming from someone who despises HBG.
                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Yes, Cool is definitely the Gwen I know and love.

Feel free to post other Gwen videos so that I may weigh in with my trash opinions.

Comment

Once again I feel sorry for the Americans that they did not hear Gigi D'Agostino a lot on the radio. Italo house is that genre

This was actually big in my particular market (dance music is pretty big here) in 2001.

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

My favorite Gwen song
                                It’s ok ... Gwen IMO doesn’t have like a really good solo track.

Her two biggest solo hits: “Hollaback Girl” aged badly and “The Sweet Escape” is annoying. None of her solo songs are great. The most decent one is “What You Waiting For”.

I much prefer her collabs with Moby and Eve: “South Side” and “Let Me Blow Ya Mind” than anything on “L,A,M,B” to be honest.
                                And of course she was a Queen with No Doubt .... Can’t believe “Don’t Speak” was ineligible to chart on the Hot 100 due to that stupid rule that the song needed a physical release yet the song spent 16 weeks at #1 on the Radio chart! ... It would have been a massive #1 on the Hot 100. Sad.
                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Modjo’s Lady only hit #81 nationally but it felt like a #1 smasha here.
                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

This was actually big in my particular market (dance music is pretty big here) in 2001.

I am surprised. The Ketchup Song (Asereje) was at least a little known?

Comment

Modjo’s Lady only hit #81 nationally but it felt like a #1 smasha here.

Oh yeah
                                      Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
                                      ATC - All Around The World (la la la la la la la la)
                                      Modjo - Lady

Early 2000s trinity

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

It’s ok ... Gwen IMO doesn’t have like a really good solo track.

Her two biggest solo hits: “Hollaback Girl” aged badly and “The Sweet Escape” is annoying. None of her solo songs are great. The most decent one is “What You Waiting For”.

I much prefer her collabs with Moby and Eve: “South Side” and “Let Me Blow Ya Mind” than anything on “L,A,M,B” to be honest.
                                        And of course she was a Queen with No Doubt .... Can’t believe “Don’t Speak” was ineligible to chart on the Hot 100 due to that stupid rule that the song needed a physical release yet the song spent 16 weeks at #1 on the Radio chart! ... It would have been a massive #1 on the Hot 100. Sad.
                                        I hate Hollaback Girl.

Let Me Blow Ya Mind is 11/10. A perfect song

Comment

• “Lady” hit Top 10 and #1 pretty much everywhere (except US). The definition of a global non-local hit

Comment

I am surprised. The Ketchup Song (Asereje) was at least a little known?
                                            It hit #1 on the U.S. Latin chart and the city I live in has a pretty sizable Latin demographic, so I’d say so. I remember hearing it quite often for a few months.

That’s also how I know a bunch of random Spanish songs that I wouldn’t know otherwise.
                                            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I always found Gwen so overrated, never got the appeal of those songs that were big hits.

The only song I liked that she released was "Cool".

Comment

• As for Gigi this song is amazing ! La Passion

full mix

edit

Comment

• “Asereje” hit #1 in over 20 countries including France, UK and Germany.

It even went Diamond in France where it sold over 1,700,000 copies and it also sold over 1,000,000 in Germany.

The “Despacito” of the time

Comment

It hit #1 on the U.S. Latin chart and the city I live in has a pretty sizable Latin demographic, so I’d say so. I remember hearing it quite often for a few months.
                                                    In my opinion this song was bigger than Despacito. Asereje was played more than the worst song ever aka Shape on You* on the radio.

*There is probably no worse track that would not irritate me so much. I switch it over immediately when I hear it somewhere. Even Shake it off doesn't irritate me as much as this song.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X