No announcement yet.

Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way people hype Michael Jackson up as a performer will never not be funny. Sure he has great music & videos. But as a performer he was good but not of the best imo. Tina Turner, Beyonce, Madonna, Prince, Bruno mars, Pink & lady Gaga on her good days are far better imo. His musical legacy isn't being Topped though. I just wish the GP can get out of the state of mind that because something came before that it can't be surpassed.
    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Sun February 9th, 2020, 23:12.

Comment

• The fact that Britney gets dragged for lip syncing, yet people pretend that 95% of Michael's performances wasn't lipped is disgusting

Comment

• I lowkey agree on MJ. Definitely a great performer and the most iconik of them all, but not my favorite nor the best.
        Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
        All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
          The fact that Britney gets dragged for lip syncing, yet people pretend that 95% of Michael's performances wasn't lipped is disgusting
          Michael likely committed worse crimes than lip syncing. I rarely see people glorify him nowadays and I'm not unhappy about it. He's not a good standard.

Comment

• The delusion of Bey stans thinking she was a better performer than MJ. I have seen many of them say this.

Comment

• Vote now for clean skin.

Just over 24 hours left.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                The delusion of Bey stans thinking she was a better performer than MJ. I have seen many of them say this.
                Dull lips surely isn't in the conversation

Michael could never do this

Beyonce can Perform & Sing. Very few have achieved it. Michael's performances was just production tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Michael likely committed worse crimes than lip syncing. I rarely see people glorify him nowadays and I'm not unhappy about it. He's not a good standard.
                  He's adisgusting human. I hate that his music is so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                    I lowkey agree on MJ. Definitely a great performer and the most iconik of them all, but not my favorite nor the best.
                    This

Comment

• I think some are taking things personal .... And this tends to happen with the way some artists are perceived. The artist's personal life shouldn't define if he / she is good or not in the artistic field.

Michael has a bad reputation regarding his personal life but no one can deny he was a big talent, great producer, songwriter, vocalist, dancer, performer and visionary. In the early 80s he was simply ahead of his time and he was genuinly talented.

People want to confuse things now and use his personal reputation against him as an artist, like if he was a bad artist.
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                        I think some are taking things personal .... And this tends to happen with the way some artists are perceived. The artist's personal life shouldn't define if he / she is good or not in the artistic field.

Michael has a bad reputation regarding his personal life but no one can deny he was a big talent, great producer, songwriter, vocalist, dancer, performer and visionary. In the early 80s he was simply ahead of his time and he was genuinly talented.

People want to confuse things now and use his personal reputation against him as an artist, like if he was a bad artist.
                        I can't separate the art from the artist and I don't think we should. I just feel it's inconsistent unless we also judge people like Hitler for his not so bad paintings. And who does that? When you physically hurt another human being, that crosses a line for me that I just can't ignore. No art in the world is so good that it makes up for rape, murder or the like. I'm not gonna applaud anyone for being a talented dancer when after the show, they go molest children. Sorry, not sorry.

Comment

I can't separate the art from the artist and I don't think we should. I just feel it's inconsistent unless we also judge people like Hitler for his not so bad paintings. And who does that? When you physically hurt another human being, that crosses a line for me that I just can't ignore. No art in the world is so good that it makes up for rape, murder or the like. I'm not gonna applaud anyone for being a talented dancer when after the show, they go molest children. Sorry, not sorry.
                          Yeah I get it. It's a delicate situation because it was never really proven if he actually did that. But whatever the case could be sometimes bad people have talent, I mean Kevin Spacey (The Actor), he's a predator and he was removed from Hollywood after his scandals came out to light and he's disgusting indeed ... but I can't say he was a bad actor.

... Anyways, Michael has a bad reputation regarding of the truth, that can't be denied. But I also think Michael was a victim in life, a victim of fame and of the industry, he was done so bad and had such a horrible and abusive father, I think he was failed by so many people and circumstances to the point to it clearly mentally affected him, he was such a nice vibrant guy and ended up so weird and mentally ill. Somehow we blame him but sometimes society and people close to you fail you and have a part in the way you turn out. There wasn't anything in MJ's upbringing that could indicate he was going to be a "normal" guy.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon February 10th, 2020, 02:07.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• BeeBoy

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina

Confirmed for spring. Only a handful of concerts has been held there as it's hard to sell out. But if she sold 38K in Raleigh in north Carolina on the formation tour 48K shouldn't be hard to achieve in Charlotte since it's closer to south Carolina as well
                            Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Mon February 10th, 2020, 04:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              There seem to be people who primarily seem to choose the artists they support based on their streaming scores. On the other hand, the artists that are really successful on the worldwide charts, hardly get much attention on here (e.g. Billie Eilish or Lewis Capaldi), so I don't know what the point of such discussions is.
                              Exactly. Thank God, GP thinks differently from online forum people. Ed Sheeran is the most hated/insulted artist on forums yet he's the one slaying sales, streaming and touring, GP cares about his music and that's all that matters.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Regarding Mariah Carey, you shall not disrespect the woman just like that. She is a great singer, songwriter and one of the best selling female artists of all time. Yes, she had some low points during her career, was seen as a joke at some point but she recovered nicely. Even everything she releases flop, her legacy will remain intact. Look at Whitney, she's known as one of the best voices ever. No one can deny her talent even though her last years were messy and people talked more about her drug use than her music. People calling them dusty just because they expect the same success as new artists are just delusional.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Exactly. Thank God, GP thinks differently from online forum people. Ed Sheeran is the most hated/insulted artist on forums yet he's the one slaying sales, streaming and touring, GP cares about his music and that's all that matters.
                                  The problem with being as basic as Sheeran is that he'll have no one to fall back on when the GP inevitably moves on to the next ugly in 3-4 years. Frustrated, middle-aged soccer moms aren't the most loyal of fanbases. He'll flop hard and have a Katy-style mental breakdown. From that moment on, he'll wish he was Mariah and at least had the online forum gays on his side.

Comment

The problem with being as basic as Sheeran is that he'll have no one to fall back on when the GP inevitably moves on to the next ugly in 3-4 years. Frustrated, middle-aged soccer moms aren't the most loyal of fanbases. He'll flop hard and have a Katy-style mental breakdown. From that moment on, he'll wish he was Mariah and at least had the online forum gays on his side.
                                    Nah, he is living like a regular guy, still hanging out with his old friends and goes to pubs he always hangs out. He'll be totally fine in case he flops and disappears but the thing is, soccer moms are more loyal than gheys. Plus, he had enough hits to tour and as long as he is able to tour, he'll be fine.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Ugh sis you always serve the qualitea (except when it comes to trashy & inferior Apple products)

Comment

Ugh sis you always serve the qualitea (except when it comes to trashy & inferior Apple products)

Did you just come out as an Android and Windows user?

Comment

Did you just come out as an Android and Windows user?

A proud one at that

Comment

A proud one at that
                                            I guess former bisexual Jessie J was right when she wrote the modern classic Nobody's Perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Nah, he is living like a regular guy, still hanging out with his old friends and goes to pubs he always hangs out. He'll be totally fine in case he flops and disappears but the thing is, soccer moms are more loyal than gheys. Plus, he had enough hits to tour and as long as he is able to tour, he'll be fine.
                                              I don't think you're talking about the same ed. Because the ed we know is obsessed with charts & stats

Comment

• Adele was so much prettier with a little weight on her

Comment

• I love adele in any weight she is on.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• wow Adele looks like a different person

Comment

Working...
                                                    X