Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an uncensored version of the shower scene
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Same
      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• I stan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post

Fantastic breath control
          In my defence that track is VERY wordy.

Comment

• The song itself is beautiful and nice ... But that intro is stunning and the best part of the song, those first 22 seconds of intro are just immaculate

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• On top of that, she wrote the song entirely on her own.
              Pro: freedom of speech
              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                Oh wow do you sing ? We could do a GOAT duet via vocaroo! Cos man that climax is tough to do by yourself.
                There's some things that I prefer to be private about, so the world will just have to imagine what complete and utter perfection that would be.

Comment

• Where is Britney's Emmy????

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

There's some things that I prefer to be private about, so the world will just have to imagine what complete and utter perfection that would be.
                    Goldmoney will be crushed

Comment

• It kind of annoys me how it is seemingly fine to show the womans entire bare ass ( almost) in the Lil Nas video with a handprint on her ass while the guys have to be censored. Like they could have been in thongs or sth too. OR at least shown their bare asses when they turn around, censor the hanging parts if needed lol . But of course the video would prob have been banned. But it is somehow ok for Cardi and Normani to simulate sex in their video with their whole asses showing. Double standards much.

Comment

• What we imagine:

What we get:

Comment

• Ok , Between Alicia’s “Fallin” and Amy’s “Tears Dry On Their Own” (IMO the two most perfect famale songs from the 2000s) I think I’m chosing Amy’s as the #1

The Top 3 most perfect / best female songs from the 2000s for me would be:

1. Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
                          2. Alicia Keys - Fallin’
                          3. Beyoncé - Crazy In Love

Strong contenders:
                          * Amy Winehouse - You Know I’m No Good
                          * Norah Jones - Don’t Know Why
                          * Nelly Furtado - I’m Like A Bird

Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri July 23, 2021, 14:18.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            You nailed the rap (mostly). Tryin’ to figure out where the he-aaaaaaall I went wrong.

Dem Mickey Mouse vocals at the end tho.
                            GOAT rap ( no breath version, higher key )

https://voca.ro/14nE3ue6wHjx

Comment

• Take 20 prolly

Comment

Take 20 prolly
                                20 ? Ive sund GOAT a million times. It's my most sung Mariah song after Touch My Body.

I also tried and utterly failed to sing Whenever you call once. I almost broke my throat.

Comment

• I mean take 20 on that attempt at the GOAT rap before you released it.

Comment

I mean take 20 on that attempt at the GOAT rap before you released it.
                                    Not released

Not 20 but I took a few practice spins. When singing Mariah songs the key you start on is crucial to achieving a semblance of success or potentially suffocating so it generally takes at least 10 to get one semi listenable effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Ok , Between Alicia’s “Fallin” and Amy’s “Tears Dry On Their Own” (IMO the two most perfect famale songs from the 2000s) I think I’m chosing Amy’s as the #1

2. Alicia Keys - Fallin’

Strong contenders:

Physical, Umbrella and Maneater sweeties...
                                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• I don't like Crazy in Love much, always found it super overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Physical, Umbrella and Maneater sweeties...
                                          And for the 90s .... This is IMO the Top 3 most perfect female songs (by solo female artists)

1. Macy Gray - I Try
                                          2. Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
                                          3. Fiona Apple - Criminal

Strong contenders:
                                          * Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet
                                          * Madonna - Ray Of Light

Comment

Ok , Between Alicia’s “Fallin” and Amy’s “Tears Dry On Their Own” (IMO the two most perfect famale songs from the 2000s) I think I’m chosing Amy’s as the #1

2. Alicia Keys - Fallin’

Strong contenders:

My top 10:

1. M.I.A - Paper Planes
                                            2. Alicia Keys - Karma
                                            3. Christina Aguilera - I'm Ok
                                            4. Erykah Badu - Honey
                                            5. Missy Elliott - Slide
                                            6. Rihanna - Pon De Replay
                                            7. Lil' Kim - Don't Mess With Me
                                            8. Christina Aguilera ft. Herbie Hancock - A Song For You (her best collaboration)
                                            9. Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You
                                            10. Blu Cantrell feat. Sean Paul - Breath

Comment

And for the 90s .... This is IMO the Top 3 most perfect female songs (by solo female artists)

1. Macy Gray - I Try
                                              2. Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
                                              3. Fiona Apple - Criminal

Strong contenders:
                                              * Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet
                                              * Madonna - Ray Of Light

Top 10 female albums of the 90s

Bedtime Stories, Homogenic, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Baduizm, Da Real World, The Score, Peace and Noise, Hard Core, One in a Million, Ray of Light

Comment

• Human Nature is the best female song of the 90s. Perfecto 11/10.

Comment

• Just heard Camila Celia Cruz impersonation. I was just waiting for her to throw in Azucar Azucar..

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                                                    Human Nature is the best female song of the 90s. Perfecto 11/10.
                                                    One of Vadge’s best. She was dating so many chocolate men at that time (Dennis Rodman, Tupac, etc.) so that might be why her music became more chocolatey then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X