Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Absolutely... when it comes to singles... then 1 is sufficient...

when it comes to albums... 1 standard edition CD, 1 deluxe CD, 1 deluxe vinyl... not 600 different versions..

But I'm not the one to talk... I usually buy 3-5 physical + the same in digital format... of my faves albums.
    The rules are the same for everyone. I dont think people realize just how much so many artists rely on web sales to boost their numbers, especially albums. Billboard will not be removing web sales anytime soon, it will kill the industry. They may tweak it a bit. One thing they could easily do is only count the original track and no remixes. Or just count the original and one remix.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

There have been 12 Divas Live concerts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VH1_Divas
      yeah, I know... but these other installments... did not have any of the hype and promotion behind them. I mean the first concert was even broadcast here in GER... the others were not.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        Honestly, I find all the different versions crazy. They exist to take advantage of fans as they buy the same single repeatedly. It boosts numbers far beyond what they would be if only one standard copy was available. Release ONE copy and leave it at that! They can't stream them either so they are forced to buy a copy.
        But this is also true for albums.. Its the exact same for Taylor Swift and her eight different album covers on two different formats and then five more vinyls and random weeks where she did signed copies. It was the same people buying the same product over and over again. Check Billies store and see how many different things she has for the same album. Mariah had around eight different formats of her last album. Coloured vinyls, one with a different cover and prints. All these things are for fans to mass buy.

Also all the BTS remixes are on Spotify and youtube so what do you mean that they cant stream them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But this is also true for albums.. Its the exact same for Taylor Swift and her eight different album covers on two different formats and then five more vinyls and random weeks where she did signed copies. It was the same people buying the same product over and over again. Check Billies store and see how many different things she has for the same album. Mariah had around eight different formats of her last album. Coloured vinyls, one with a different cover and prints. All these things are for fans to mass buy.

Also all the BTS remixes are on Spotify and youtube so what do you mean that they cant stream them ?
          I was just curious to see what you might say if I paraphrased you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I was just curious to see what you might say if I paraphrased you.
            Well played

I'm just enjoying the weekly meltdowns of the Borelivia fans

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Even though I don't agree, accepting this to be true, it's irrelevant to me - seeing him be out, proud and so outrageously in your face gay in his videos and in his music is just wonderful.
              Don't get me wrong, i'm really happy and proud of his success. I wish the material were a bit stronger.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Billie Jean is a timeless classic. Do you consider it to be MJ's biggest song (or most loved) ?
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• When you think about it BTS are the equivalent of The Beatles for todays generation

The bridge of Permission to Dance is so amazing, those ad libs !!

Comment

When you think about it BTS are the equivalent of The Beatles for todays generation

The bridge of Permission to Dance is so amazing, those ad libs !!

They are not equivalent to the Beatles lol. They are the equivalent of tinfoil in a washing machine.

what they do in the artistic field has no merit, in my opinion.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Billie Jean is a timeless classic. Do you consider it to be MJ's biggest song (or most loved) ?
                      I love BJ. But to me.. Smooth Criminal is the greatest song of all times.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Hard to imagine that an estimated 5,000 people fainted over the course of MJs performance career (23 died). Imagine being that star struck that you die.
                        My Chart

Comment

Hard to imagine that an estimated 5,000 people fainted over the course of MJs performance career (23 died). Imagine being that star struck that you die.
                          MJ was literally the biggest pop music star that ever lived. His stardom consiting of 5 consecutive +20million selling studio albums won’t ever be matched by anyone.

”Billie Jean” is definitely one of the greatest recordings ever made ... but he also have many other flawless songs like “Thriller”, “Beat It”, “Dirty Diana”, “Smooth Criminal”, “Give In To Me”, “Earth Song”, “They Don’t Care About Us”, etc.

Legend forever.

Comment

• Goldmoney

Comment

Hard to imagine that an estimated 5,000 people fainted over the course of MJs performance career (23 died). Imagine being that star struck that you die.
                              Wait. What? Died?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
                                I had to look it up first before I got it. King’s taste >>>>>
                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• This too PM tho
                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• So, Beyoncé & Mariah do not know Jennifer Lopez? Interesting.
                                    My Chart

Comment

So, Beyoncé & Mariah do not know Jennifer Lopez? Interesting.
                                      Bey definitely does ... She and J.Lo have gone out to dinners and they even shot a Pepsi commercial together.

Bey at the time was so naive that she probably was clueless about the fact Jenny had a nickname (J.Lo)

Comment

They are not equivalent to the Beatles lol. They are the equivalent of tinfoil in a washing machine.

what they do in the artistic field has no merit, in my opinion.
                                        Arent you a massive Coldplay fan ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          This too PM tho
                                          Can you post the clip where that interviewer asked Mariah if new singers like JLO infleunced her music ? That was priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Believe it or not, people have tried to drag Bey, saying she stole Amerie's style. They say she copied 1 Thing.... but CIL came out 2 years prior.
                                            Which came first One Thing or Get Right .. cos thats the same song basically.

Comment

Can you post the clip where that interviewer asked Mariah if new singers like JLO infleunced her music ? That was priceless.
                                              OMG, I choked the first time I saw that.
                                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

I can imagine. Even I kinda choked a bit. Your reaction was prob ten times mine. A classic.

Comment

Arent you a massive Coldplay fan ?
                                                  U are comparing the band that wrote fix you, yellow, clocks etc to bts? good luck with that sense you are not making.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Jhuhhbbnjj

Comment

Working...
                                                    X