Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

I don't think you're talking about the same ed. Because the ed we know is obsessed with charts & stats
    And there is nothing wrong with it.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Beyoncé's Oscar party has become the ultimate "go to party" i guess. At least Madonna passed the torch to the most talented lady in the business.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I liked Ed Sheeran during his first era. But ever since he became straight up bubblegum teen-pop I cannot stan him anymore.
        My Chart

Comment

• speaking of qualitea music... when are Paolo, Jessie Ware and Florence finally returning to us... ?????????????????? Wayne
          My Chart

Comment

BeeBoy

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina

Confirmed for spring. Only a handful of concerts has been held there as it's hard to sell out. But if she sold 38K in Raleigh in north Carolina on the formation tour 48K shouldn't be hard to achieve in Charlotte since it's closer to south Carolina as well
            In Spring? Good luck selling out that venue you speak of. They better have a whole proper rollout and era planned because otherwise she'll serve an EMPTi World Tour debacle a la riri.
            MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              I liked Ed Sheeran during his first era. But ever since he became straight up bubblegum teen-pop I cannot stan him anymore.
              I totally understand what you mean. Ironically, he keeps only getting bigger from era to era, so he has a massive mainstream appeal ranging from young to adult, so I don't know whether he's willing to give that up in favor of a less bubblegum sound.
              ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• I initially thought no one's going to buy into this Ed Sheeran transition into bubblegum pop. However, what do I know?
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I totally understand what you mean. Ironically, he keeps only getting bigger from era to era, so he has a massive mainstream appeal ranging from young to adult, so I don't know whether he's willing to give that up in favor of a less bubblegum sound.
                  Commercial success > artistic integrity.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Nonsense.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Nonsense.
                      Well what do you expect from spiritboy?
                      I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Hah! I always knew her and her brother were doing it.
                        Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
                        #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

Thankfully my faves have both

Comment

Are you for real?
                            Weren't you also the one who said they didn't care about lyrical content?
                            This place keeps surprising me.
                            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• aRatchet, u know this? It peaked at #23 in your hole and they only ever had one top 10.
                              Originally posted by Kaloki
                              I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                aRatchet, u know this? It peaked at #23 in your hole and they only ever had one top 10.
                                EASILY one of the best songs of the decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Are you for real?
                                  Weren't you also the one who said they didn't care about lyrical content?
                                  This place keeps surprising me.
                                  Yeah i really don't care about lyrics.

Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• BeeBoy are fave really be letting the girls
                                    think they hot shit

Not to mention she has a whole other career with destiny's child. Easily the most important female musician of the last 25 years.
                                    Last edited by Aaronsmithjune1; Tue February 11th, 2020, 05:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Not even 'Bad Guy'? It was really big and one of her catchiest songs. But don't worry... The reason why her album is having such great longevity on the charts is because it has taken many people a long time to find out about her and get into her music. I bought her album just yesterday and there are many people like me in that regard.
                                      No even Bad Guy. I've heard of it and I can easily go and listen to it. I will eventually.
                                      Diva!!!

Comment

BeeBoy are fave really be letting the girls
                                        think they hot shit

Not to mention she has a whole other career with destiny's child. Easily the most important female musician of the last 25 years.
                                        And then you woke up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          aRatchet, u know this? It peaked at #23 in your hole and they only ever had one top 10.
                                          Yes babyg0rl

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                            And then you woke up.
                                            I mean.. Off the top of my head, I can name 2-3 girls who sold more in America and were bigger internationally.

Comment

• Haters

Why is Janet going on yet another American tour (4th & a Vegas show) and still paying Europe dust? She really don't like y'all. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

And then you woke up.
                                                in the kitchen
                                                saying how the hell did this shit happen
                                                oh baby
                                                drunk in loooo-ooo-ooove
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Her main market is Northern America these days. Her last album to receive a certification in Europe is 'Damita Jo' (silver in the UK). Besides, she probably doesn't want to travel much because of her son anymore.
                                                  ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

in the kitchen
                                                    saying how the hell did this shit happen
                                                    oh baby
                                                    drunk in loooo-ooo-ooove
                                                    Beyonce + Destinys child > that's the facts

Comment

Working...
                                                    X