Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
    Not yall accussing babygurl Goldmoney of racism just he uses the term black charts.

Read between the lines hennies. I am sure GM's intention was never to exclude or discriminate.
    I also consider the dance chart to be the ghey chart, I guess I’m a homophobe now too.
    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
    All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Harry Styles is the worst member of One Direction, that would fit to the unpopular opinions thread tbh. He doesn't have the looks and that album cover for his latest albums... that must be one of the worst album covers of all time, seriously. A try-too hard artist in my books

Up until he released solo music that is terrible, I thought Liam could be the Robbie Williams of the group. The best looking, but actually he has the worst music out of all the others members whilst Robbie had the best

cd/vinyl collection instagram
      http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

• But switching topics now (all I need is to find out how to use the block feature and I’ll be good), I used to think the J.Lo ghost-singing rumors were completely exaggerated until I found this:

Eye-opening, this forever changed how I felt about J.Lo. The good sis couldn’t even record her own giggle. Unreal.
        All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          But switching topics now (all I need is to find out how to use the block feature and I’ll be good), I used to think the J.Lo ghost-singing rumors were completely exaggerated until I found this:

Eye-opening, this forever changed how I felt about J.Lo. The good sis couldn’t even record her own giggle. Unreal.
          The irony where that whole song is an ode to her supposed authenticity, how real she is, what you get is what you see.

There's literally dozens of examples like this btw, it's shocking when you find out how little she actually sang.
          Last edited by Hejira; Tue February 11th, 2020, 22:51.
          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Comment

But switching topics now (all I need is to find out how to use the block feature and I’ll be good), I used to think the J.Lo ghost-singing rumors were completely exaggerated until I found this:

as far as I remember, even the instrumental of "Jenny From The Block" was dodgy and contained an uncredited sample.
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• The way MJ 2Pac and Chris are all looking at Justin's name like he is a damn fool.

Comment

• Goldmoney , remember how lit Nickelodeon use to be?? hahahahahahahahahahaha
                  Nickelodeon (90s- Early 00s)>>>>Cartoon Network>>>Disney
                  Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

The irony where that whole song is an ode to her supposed authenticity, how real she is, what you get is what you see.

There's literally dozens of examples like this btw, it's shocking when you find out how little she actually sang.
                    Your signature song but you barely record 25% of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post

Goldmoney , remember how lit Nickelodeon use to be?? hahahahahahahahahahaha
                      Nickelodeon (90s- Early 00s)>>>>Cartoon Network>>>Disney
                      OMG YASSSS this too teachin’ dem 7 year olds about side chicks

Comment

• ^^^^^ I screamed!!!
                        Diva!!!

Comment

The most defining pop icon ever + the most defining rap icon ever = most defining womanbeater of his generation, I guess.

Comment

Your signature song but you barely record 25% of it.

Great dancer, beautiful dancer.

Comment

• The way some people are so pressed about JLO

She always wins
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The goats are still seething at JLO post SB I see

They must be pressed at the fact that JLO performed there while their fave will never get invited coz she can't carry a show like that to save her life

Comment

The goats are still seething at JLO post SB I see

They must be pressed at the fact that JLO performed there while their fave will never get invited coz she can't carry a show like that to save her life
                                  Some get Superbowls, others get #1's.

Comment

Some get Superbowls, others get #1's.
                                    JgLObal has both

Comment

• Yeah, Mariah won't ever pull a Super Bowl performance and she's been a fiasco for the last 12 years, long gone were the days since she was relevant with new material (outside of the Xmas song).

However.. Despite all of that, Mariah is withiout a doubt a bigger music legend than J.Lo. I mean, the Multiple Diamond albums, a long career, huge historic / all time sales, lots of #1s, Multiple Grammy awards, a big comeback album. Obvisouly she's placed higher than J.Lo in the music's hierarchy.

J.Lo is more of a socialite big media / social media celebrity, so she's very relevant as a public business woman. But when it comes to solely music achievements she isn't really that big. Her sales are not that impressive, she was never a big album seller compared to her peers, she never won a Grammy, she doesn't have a hit era on radio since 2002, her music is always panned with terrible reviews, and most of her singles flop. But like I said, she does have a big celebrity brand which is different than being an actual music star.
                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed February 12th, 2020, 15:43.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I mean it's obvious she couldn't pull of a Superbowl, I don't think she even wants to. She's great at her concerts, that's where she shines. Her televised stuff always disappoints because she's simply too self conscious about the cameras. People think she's a terrible live act because she actually is most of the time during her televised performances. It's a shame cause better tv performances could convince people to go see her live on tour where she actually IS good.

Comment

I mean it's obvious she couldn't pull of a Superbowl, I don't think she even wants to. She's great at her concerts, that's where she shines. Her televised stuff always disappoints because she's simply too self conscious about the cameras. People think she's a terrible live act because she actually is most of the time during her televised performances. It's a shame cause better tv performances could convince people to go see her live on tour where she actually IS good.
                                          That also became the issue of Madonna as well. The last time she slayed a televised performance was at Superbowl HT Show. After that, everything went downhill until the train wreck that was Eurovision. It's sad because she's actually great at concerts, same goes for Mariah i guess.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• As for Jennifer Lopez, the woman is a clever business woman, she built herself an empire, she's more an entertainer than singer but who cares? She just signed a touring deal with Live Nation and as long as she can tour, she'll be fine.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Anyway, I wanna talk a little more about Shakira. It's kinda bizarre how much I'm enjoying her Oral double project so much more compared to when it came out. Maybe I didn't really understand the message of the whole project I don't know.
                                              Both albums are really, really good. So experimental, diverse and interesting.

I love the lyrical idea of "Costume makes the clown". She's talking about how her man likes her naturally but how she feels more confident being glam because to her the costume makes the clown. Very interesting, perhaps slightly controversial concept.

I disliked "How do you do" quite a bit when it came out and revisiting it now it's my fave from the album. I like how the bridge is slightly demonic.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

That also became the issue of Madonna as well. The last time she slayed a televised performance was at Superbowl HT Show. After that, everything went downhill until the train wreck that was Eurovision. It's sad because she's actually great at concerts, same goes for Mariah i guess.
                                                I suppose that's true but Mariah has been struggling with TV performances MUCH longer. I remember cringing 90% of her tv performances since 2003. Madonna started losing her spark not long ago, I think because she wants to do more than her body allows her to do.

Comment

I disliked "How do you do" quite a bit when it came out and revisiting it now it's my fave from the album. I like how the bridge is slightly demonic.
                                                  Yep, this one was always among the best tracks from "Oral Fixation Vol 2" to me ... This era was IMO the last time Shakira was truly musically deep, artistic and interesting.

Her recent stuff hasn't been that good but the way she slayed with this sequence of albums: Pies Descalzos - Donde Estan Los Ladrones - Laundry Service - Fijación Oral Vol 1 - Oral Fixation Vol 2 (1995-2006) was just stunning. 11 years of musical slayage.
                                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yep, this one was always among the best tracks from "Oral Fixation Vol 2" to me ... This era was IMO the last time Shakira was truly musically deep, artistic and interesting.

Her recent stuff hasn't been that good but the way she slayed with this sequence of albums: Pies Descalzos - Donde Estan Los Ladrones - Laundry Service - Fijación Oral Vol 1 - Oral Fixation Vol 2 (1995-2006) was just stunning. 11 years of musical slayage.
                                                    It's more than the average popgirl yes. And honestly even the greats don't have consistent quality discographies.
                                                    My fave Tori has a 7 album brilliant streak and started to decline rapidly after. 5 back to back great albums is a HUGE accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X