Pop Talk - General Music Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Have we figured out who Adull’s chocolate friends were/are?
    Who is the girl at 1:44? I always think it's teairra Mari?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post

Who is the girl at 1:44? I always think it's teairra Mari?
      Adele should have accepted her award and left

What even happened with that in the end ?
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The Weeknd's Next Album Is Taking Inspiration From These 2 Britney Spears Songs

The Weeknd is taking our breath away with his latest single, and he's taking inspiration from another superstar on his next project: Britney Spears

During the Wednesday (Aug. 11) episode of his Apple Music 1 radio show Memento Mori, The Weeknd played "Everytime" and "Toxic" from Spears' 2003 album In the Zone. According to a description of the new episode, The Weeknd played "a mix of music that showcases tracks inspiring the new Dawn era."

In addition to Spears, the singer also played two songs by Nas ("Star Wars" and "Thief's Theme"), as well as tracks by Swedish House Mafia, Kid Cudi, Kanye West and Tyler, the Creator.

Spears' fourth studio LP contains similar electronic-laced dance-pop flavors to the disco production of The Weeknd's latest single "Take My Breath," which could drive the sonic direction of the rest of his new album, the follow-up to his Billboard 200 chart-topper
        After Hours.

source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...red-next-album

———————

“In The Zone” is such a great album and was such a great era , I’m glad it’s inspiring newer artists these days (just recently Britney was also cited as an inspiration in Miley’s latest album “Plastic Hearts”) ... and I’m also glad that as a female artist she’s able to inspire male artists as well.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Funny how I’ve been bringing up Whitney documentaries the last few days and a new one just came out yesterday that I didn’t know anything about.
          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• omg
            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

omg
              Is it coz Moo likes to get pissed / jizzed on?
              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
              98 - OUT

Comment

• Herpa says hi.
                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Also, likeidogoldlink, your fave did a cute job here considering the audience she was performing in front of would have much rather seen her trip.
                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Also, likeidogoldlink, your fave did a cute job here considering the audience she was performing in front of would have much rather seen her trip.
                    Xtina was praised by 2/3 of the trinity. Too bad Mariah hates her.

Whitey's reaction to this performance was very touching.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                      Xtina was praised by 2/3 of the trinity. Too bad Mariah hates her.

Whitey's reaction to this performance was very touching.
                      Not surprised at that remark Whit said to X after the performance.

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Not surprised at that remark Whit said to X after the performance.

Whitney just knew what's good. She hated playback.
                        Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Thu August 12, 2021, 20:07.

Comment

Also, likeidogoldlink, your fave did a cute job here considering the audience she was performing in front of would have much rather seen her trip.
                          Well.. this was at least better than her best forgotten attempt at I will always love you.

Comment

• I wonder who Whitney would like out of the new girls (2008 -). Even though she liked singers with good voices, I doubt she would like Demi. She didn't like Paula Abdul, so she wouldn't like the new version either. Ariana yes, Adele yes.

Comment

• Out of all the new pop girls Katy has by far the strongest voice. She could easily sing most of Adeles songs to be honest.

Comment

• Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Out of all the new pop girls Katy has by far the strongest voice. She could easily sing most of Adeles songs to be honest.
                                  Adull is not a good singer so that's true.
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• I feel bad for laughing then. The early 2000s were a strange time.

Debra Wilson was the kween tho.
                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

I feel bad for laughing then. The early 2000s were a strange time.

Debra Wilson was the kween tho.
                                      madtv>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snl

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Adull is not a good singer so that's true.
                                        You stan for Dua TwoOctaveLipa. Hush

Comment

I don’t even like Adull but yeah.
                                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

I don’t even like Adull but yeah.
                                            I love Adele... however, her Grammy speech was not IT... did she refuse the Grammy for AOTY or not? She said she couldn't accept it... so... but then she thanked the academy for it.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• When your album gets called the best of the year, you say 'Thank you!' and go. Of course it's cool to admit that other albums have been amazing, too, but what do you expect as reaction to your announcement that other albums deserved better? A voice in the off saying 'OK, now we changed our opinion, the award for album of the year goes to... [some other album].'?
                                              Pro: freedom of speech
                                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Singers Whitney would love:

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

C*mmon love isn't for us...
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

C*mmon love isn't for us...
                                                    For me it's Common love.. SKIP

Comment

Working...
                                                    X